KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Gimli, son of Gloin.

Gimli, son of Gloin.
Started by: Tired Hiker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Gimli, son of Gloin.

Maybe this belongs in another thread, but anyway, here it goes. I love this line and I remembered it from Lotr Fotr.

"The ring cannot be destroyed, Gimli, son of Gloin, by any craft that we here posess. The ring was made in the fires of mount doom, and only there can it be un-made. It must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery casm from whence it came . . . one of you must do this."

Elrond of Rivendell.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2003 09:29 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
El Toro
Tszyu Crew

i think gimli's role in the movies is soley for the single one liners and the occasional comedy, in the book he is potrayed as a robust dwarf warrior..its a pity i like gimli

Old Post Sep 15th, 2003 12:02 PM
El Toro is currently offline Click here to Send El Toro a Private Message Find more posts by El Toro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

nah gimli was good character but the movie doesn't have the room to have a sufficient character development for all the members of the fellowship..........even in the book they didn't go in dpth into gimli but i thik it would have been interesting to see the dwarves live in lotr

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Sep 15th, 2003 05:11 PM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LadySlytherin
LadyBaron

i love gimli!! he kicks ass AND he provided comic relief!

it is n o t our dreams that show .[what].[we].[trully].[are]. ...it is, our c h o i c e s

S L Y T H E R I N B A R O N N E S S

Old Post Sep 15th, 2003 07:50 PM
LadySlytherin is currently offline Click here to Send LadySlytherin a Private Message Find more posts by LadySlytherin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreeMason

I don't know why the books don't dwell on the Dwarfs that much?

They don't even go into the crucial battle they partook in up north that prevented Sauron from out-flanking all of Gondor...

It's as if (to me) Tolkein wanted to just have them there...not as some real influence...though I suppose in the hobbit, they were quite frequent in that...lol

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 03:34 AM
FreeMason is currently offline Click here to Send FreeMason a Private Message Find more posts by FreeMason Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lady Ellie

The two towers is a dark, and sad movie sometimes. I think the movie really needed a character like Gimli.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 10:03 AM
Lady Ellie is currently offline Click here to Send Lady Ellie a Private Message Find more posts by Lady Ellie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

yeah, but why exactly gimli sad

He was really funny and I liked all his scenes; but on the other hand, he's a dwarf, and dwarves are a VERY proud people.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 07:53 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreeMason

Well if you hadn't noticed, it's always Gimli's pride that makes him funny...of course this makes sense as prideful people tend to be a bit airy...

Like, he says "Dwarves have the ears of a fox" and stumbles into an ambush...

He is bragging about the beauty of Dwarven women and Aragorn says, "It's the beards".

Things like that.

Gimli isn't a bumbling fool, he is an AWESOME character, that can kick most people's butt and often does...

It's the situations around him that help lend to a more comical attitude, and I think this is felt in the book too...

Kinda like the "Pride" is a tough outer layer masking the fact that Gimli, and all Dwarves, are a horribly beaten people, but refuse to give an inch.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2003 12:42 AM
FreeMason is currently offline Click here to Send FreeMason a Private Message Find more posts by FreeMason Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote