KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Leaking sink

Leaking sink
Started by: ChinaNiki

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ChinaNiki
Dancing Queen

Angry Leaking sink

mad my stupid sink is leaking, but it only leaks sometimes. which of course is never when i tell the maintenance staff it is leaking, so then i end up looking like an idiot mad

Made by the talented Godshinto

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 08:53 AM
ChinaNiki is currently offline Click here to Send ChinaNiki a Private Message Find more posts by ChinaNiki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tied Hiker
Restricted

Account Restricted

What do you mean the sink is leaking, you mean the faucet?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 08:57 AM
Tied Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tied Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tied Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tied Hiker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here's what you do, all right. You take the palm your hand and you Karate chop the faucet and break it off the sink. This way they have to fix it. And when they tell you they suspect foul play, you just tell them this. A dragon came through the window and landed on the sink and tore the faucet off after almost torching the whole place with it's fire breath.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 09:01 AM
Tied Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tied Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tied Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

tie a towel around the nozzel.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 09:01 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tied Hiker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Somebody slap me!

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 10:17 AM
Tied Hiker
Restricted

Account Restricted

BONG!!!!!! big grin

Old Post Oct 8th, 2003 10:19 AM
ChinaNiki
Dancing Queen

it was the hose hook up from the boiler that was leaking and i don't know enough chinese to say a dragon broke it

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 02:25 PM
ChinaNiki is currently offline Click here to Send ChinaNiki a Private Message Find more posts by ChinaNiki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

One of those flexible pipe fittings?

Turn the water supply to the heater off, drain all the water in the tank, take off the fitting and apply plenty of PTFE tape clockwise around the thread. Then re-attach the sucker and turn the water supply back on. If its still leaking you need a new pipe fitting.

If you were a bit nearer, I'd come do it for you Niki.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 03:39 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

drip drip

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 03:49 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChinaNiki
Dancing Queen

thanks mm, i wish you were closer and i wish i knew how to say "plumber's tape" in Chinese, but they probably call it something different. I think i'll just invest in a nice pail to catch the water cuz now it's worse than when the maintenance guy supposedly fixed it. at least there is a drain in the floor so i don't get flooded. my neighbor says our maintenance crew is sorta useless and i believe he's right cuz on top of the sink leaking my door lock came right out of the handle and that was 'fixed' by puting what looks like and even older door knob and lock on it. i feel like if i lock it, i'll pull this one out too trying to get it unlocked.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 08:35 AM
Nivvy
Daily Spleen

Nothing worse to keep you awake in the middle of the night....

Then a leaking sink yes

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 08:39 AM
Nivvy is currently offline Click here to Send Nivvy a Private Message Find more posts by Nivvy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChinaNiki
Dancing Queen

well, i'm lucky there cuz i can't here it with the bedroom door shut

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 08:47 AM
LanceWindu

I'd sleep as far away from the sink as possible, that way the sound wouldn't get to me...wink

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 08:48 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChinaNiki
Dancing Queen

my neighbor makes more noise than the sink. fortunately he's usually playing some really good reggae remix, so it's cool

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 08:53 AM