KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » This is Your Brain on Rejection

This is Your Brain on Rejection
Started by: silver_tears

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
silver_tears

Shocked This is Your Brain on Rejection

Alright I was reading a cosmo mag and this is what i found.........

"Ever wonder why you feel so rotten the next day when your date doesnt call? It turns out that your brain is responsible and not your heart. It takes snubbing almost as bad as physical pain. Researchers at a university in Australia have discovered that physical pain and the pain of rejection are linked in the same part of your brain making you hurt physically when you hurt emotionally from rejection."

I found that very interesting yes

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 11:29 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadowskill
The Mourning Sage

Well, I read in my Mom's WomenWorld that you get some of the headaches you do because of flourescent lightbulbs. You only see them blink once or twice ever couple of seconds, but they actually blink over 1,000 times a second... Your brain can't register it, thus, you get a headache...weird, eh?

Thanks Swe_Bum for my siggy big grin

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 11:32 PM
Shadowskill is currently offline Click here to Send Shadowskill a Private Message Find more posts by Shadowskill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

weird but i find my topic sad sad
thats why you just gotta get over these things yes

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 11:33 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

didn't know that Silver
Shadow we learned that 2 years ago in our physics class

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 11:34 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

well now you do big grin

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 11:34 PM
DeNiro

i can belive that when i get like exited about sumthing then someone cancells i feel sick but ne way u know that u keep ur eyes shut for a half hour ever day cause thats how much u blinck but that doesnt work on me cause i have contacts and air doesnt get to them so i never have to blink

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 11:39 PM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

messed where did that come from laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 11:40 PM
Fire

quote:
Originally posted by Shadowskill
Well, I read in my Mom's WomenWorld that you get some of the headaches you do because of flourescent lightbulbs. You only see them blink once or twice ever couple of seconds, but they actually blink over 1,000 times a second... Your brain can't register it, thus, you get a headache...weird, eh?

Btw same with TV headaches and Computer screen headaches. Tho they should form less of a problem

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 11:43 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

im always using the comp for homework or forums and such and im quite healthy big grin

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 11:44 PM
silver_tears

actually i dont feel too good right now messed

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 11:49 PM
Fire

well you get used to it, but too many screens are bad for your eyesight and they will cause headaches eventualy

Old Post Oct 15th, 2003 11:50 PM
Eat My Ass

of course ur heart is not responsible, the brain controls all emotion, the heart thing is just a figure of speech.

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=17495261

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 12:00 AM
113 is currently offline Click here to Send 113 a Private Message Find more posts by 113 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigbadbike2
Hitman

Hey so that's why I have a headache after the girl from Sonic turns me down.

Made By: Me

Dragging a knee at 140 on a bike, just takes all the rush out of driving a car at 120. - Sammy Sliger, 2001 (paraphrased)

Money is not everything. As if poverty is.

I've also learned that love cannot be on a one way street... if it does not go both ways it can be a lonely road. Personally I like to just watch the cars go by.... - Happy Kine, 2003

Dare to be different, just like everyone else.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 12:01 AM
bigbadbike2 is currently offline Click here to Send bigbadbike2 a Private Message Find more posts by bigbadbike2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

i am so tired and i dont know how i got on to this thread but ill post on it ne wayand i just want to see how long i can type without looking till i mess up and i keep fo damn it i messed up

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 12:15 AM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigbadbike2
Hitman

That's great D.

Made By: Me

Dragging a knee at 140 on a bike, just takes all the rush out of driving a car at 120. - Sammy Sliger, 2001 (paraphrased)

Money is not everything. As if poverty is.

I've also learned that love cannot be on a one way street... if it does not go both ways it can be a lonely road. Personally I like to just watch the cars go by.... - Happy Kine, 2003

Dare to be different, just like everyone else.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 12:18 AM
bigbadbike2 is currently offline Click here to Send bigbadbike2 a Private Message Find more posts by bigbadbike2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

*clap clap clap* laughing good job D big grin

Old Post Oct 16th, 2003 01:04 AM
Hazardous

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 04:06 PM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote