KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » What happens after you die?

What happens after you die?
Started by: mailedbypostman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

What happens after you die?

Saw this somewhere so ill post it here.Anyway i think its nothingness.
If there is an afterlife it wouldn't be like heaven or hell because its not logical.(Hint,hint:I'm not a religous person)

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 02:58 AM
mailedbypostman is currently offline Click here to Send mailedbypostman a Private Message Find more posts by mailedbypostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

I think reincarnation.

*edit* oops, wrong word

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Last edited by Darth Revan on Nov 25th, 2003 at 03:02 AM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 03:00 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthCorona

how do you figure it is not logical. i figure that earth is a way to determine if you are worthy to go to heaven. if you live a meaningful life and enjoy life, you can get into heaven and have eternal happiness. if you do not live a good life and are an *******, then u dun belong in heaven. this is jus how i feel

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 03:01 AM
NinthCorona is currently offline Click here to Send NinthCorona a Private Message Find more posts by NinthCorona Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fungrl515

depends. reincarnation. it's kinda weird, cuz i'm supposedly christian, but i believe in reincarnation.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 03:01 AM
fungrl515 is currently offline Click here to Send fungrl515 a Private Message Find more posts by fungrl515 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

meaning that you come back as a different person or animal.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 03:02 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eat My Ass

There's nothingingness...and that's the freakiest thought ever..at least to me

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=17495261

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 03:04 AM
113 is currently offline Click here to Send 113 a Private Message Find more posts by 113 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

i just can't see going to heaven and all.
P.S. if i did, i would probably think i was still alive but hallucinating.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 03:04 AM
mailedbypostman is currently offline Click here to Send mailedbypostman a Private Message Find more posts by mailedbypostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chatcat1313
Restricted

Account Restricted

ive allways wondered of that... i still dunno it is different than life on earth though alien i think everyone knows that

why did the chick cross the road?
i dunno!- i/j

lalala
really bad eggs
drink up me 'earties, yoho, haha

pblt ooh!

go dwarf go dwarf!- lol

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 03:07 AM
chatcat1313 is currently offline Click here to Send chatcat1313 a Private Message Find more posts by chatcat1313 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthCorona

it seems like eternal happiness will get boring. like think about it, you will be around forever, wether you are in body or soul.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 03:09 AM
NinthCorona is currently offline Click here to Send NinthCorona a Private Message Find more posts by NinthCorona Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

the eternal happiness thing is why i believe in reincarnation

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 03:11 AM
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

im not sure wheter being around for eternity is better or nothingness is better.
P.s.most likely 1rst one.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 03:12 AM
Darth Revan
-

actually I had another idea a while back--sorta like heavan but not quite. You live forever as whatever you always wanted to be like for example if I always wanted to be a Jedi I would get reincarnated as a jedi and live forever like in heaven but much less boring also if you wanted to change identities like if I suddenly decided i'd rather be Neo i could switch i know it sounds insane but if you were really good in life it makes sense that you would be rewarded with whatever you wanted

Also i don't believe that any one religion holds the "path to god" you can be whatever you want as long as you're nice to people

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 03:17 AM
Complicated
but not really...

quote:
Originally posted by Dogbert
how do you figure it is not logical. i figure that earth is a way to determine if you are worthy to go to heaven. if you live a meaningful life and enjoy life, you can get into heaven and have eternal happiness. if you do not live a good life and are an *******, then u dun belong in heaven. this is jus how i feel

The entirety of your post after the first sentence does nothing to strengthen this stance that heaven is somehow a logical belief.

There is one Christian source of theories regarding the existance of God and Heaven and Hell and angels and Satan and Creation, and it's a millenia-old text made by those with a vested interest in these theories, subject to the translations by fallible men. As time goes by, science casts more and more doubt upon the Bible's claims regarding "creation" and Mary's virginity and Jericho and the Great Flood and, oh yeah, dinosaurs, and somehow, mysteriously, various biblical scholars at the Vatican decide that there's an entirely new interpretation of the correlating text. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Religion was created by mortal men so explain things they could not understand. There's no difference between Christians and Jews and Muslims and Hindi and ancient cavemen worshipping the sun, moon and sky.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle

Never eat more than you can lift. - Miss Piggy

You must be the change you wish to see in the world. - Mohandas Ghandi

Of what is great one must either be silent or speak with greatness. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 03:18 AM
Complicated is currently offline Click here to Send Complicated a Private Message Find more posts by Complicated Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

i think u die then become wutever u were most attached to (living thing) say u were attached to your dog...... tehn u come back as a dog... etc.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 03:30 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthCorona

quote:
Originally posted by Complicated
The entirety of your post after the first sentence does nothing to strengthen this stance that heaven is somehow a logical belief.

There is one Christian source of theories regarding the existance of God and Heaven and Hell and angels and Satan and Creation, and it's a millenia-old text made by those with a vested interest in these theories, subject to the translations by fallible men. As time goes by, science casts more and more doubt upon the Bible's claims regarding "creation" and Mary's virginity and Jericho and the Great Flood and, oh yeah, dinosaurs, and somehow, mysteriously, various biblical scholars at the Vatican decide that there's an entirely new interpretation of the correlating text. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Religion was created by mortal men so explain things they could not understand. There's no difference between Christians and Jews and Muslims and Hindi and ancient cavemen worshipping the sun, moon and sky.

Well, my belief is just an opinion and i can't back it up. that is just what i think, wether it is right or wrong.
any by your post, i take it that you don't have any specific religion

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 03:35 AM
Complicated
but not really...

No, I don't. I'm agnostic.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle

Of what is great one must either be silent or speak with greatness. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 03:38 AM
Complicated is currently offline Click here to Send Complicated a Private Message Find more posts by Complicated Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthCorona

but you believe in god, so ur not an athiest rite?

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 03:41 AM
KidRock

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Revan
actually I had another idea a while back--sorta like heavan but not quite. You live forever as whatever you always wanted to be like for example if I always wanted to be a Jedi I would get reincarnated as a jedi and live forever like in heaven but much less boring also if you wanted to change identities like if I suddenly decided i'd rather be Neo i could switch i know it sounds insane but if you were really good in life it makes sense that you would be rewarded with whatever you wanted

Also i don't believe that any one religion holds the "path to god" you can be whatever you want as long as you're nice to people

thats my exact though as well. like one big giant type of video game..lol

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 03:46 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Complicated
but not really...

No, I'm not sure what there is beyond humanity. I don't know for certain that the Big Bang happened, and though I am certain that creation did not happen in the manner it was discussed in Genesis, I'm not certain that there was not some sort of higher power creating life on Earth - or that some higher power did not have a hand in some other matters regarding life on Earth. There is simply no hard evidence for any of it. To me, a straight-up atheist isn't much better than a die-hard theist.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 03:52 AM
NinthCorona

so do you don't have a real view of how humanity came to be? i also want to ask you summin bout being a agnostic. since you don't have a religion, do you just do whatever you want and just live your life by your rules?

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 03:57 AM