KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Basic rules for driving in the USA

Basic rules for driving in the USA
Started by: Mystifier

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mystifier
Peaceful Moment

Basic rules for driving in the USA

Basic rules for driving in the USA...

1. Turn signals will give away your next move. A real American driver never uses them.

2. Under no circumstances should you leave a safe distance between you and the car in front of you, or somebody else will fill in that space, putting you in an even more dangerous situation.

3. Crossing two or more lanes in a single lane-change is considered "going with the flow."

4. The faster you drive through a red light, the smaller the chance you have of getting hit.

5. Never get in the way of an older car that needs extensive bodywork. The other guy doesn't have anything to lose.

6. Braking is to be done as hard and as late as possible to ensure that your ABS kicks in, giving a nice, relaxing foot massage as the brake pedal pulsates. For those of you without ABS, it's a chance to stretch your legs.

7. Speed limits are arbitrary figures, given only as suggestions and are apparently not enforceable in the metro area during rush hour.

8. Learn to swerve abruptly. USA is the home of High-Speed Slalom Driving thanks to the RTA, which puts potholes in key locations to test drivers' reflexes and keep them on their toes.

9. It is traditional in the USA to honk your horn at cars that don't move the instant the light changes.

10. Seeking eye contact with another driver revokes your right of way.

11. Never take a green light at face value. Always look left and right before proceeding.

12. Remember that the goal of every American driver is to get there first, by whatever means necessary.

13. Real American women drivers can apply eye makeup at 75 kph in bumper-to-bumper traffic.

14. Heavy fog and rain are no reasons to change any of the previously listed rules. These weather conditions are God's way ensuring a natural selection process for body shops, junkyards, and new vehicle sales.

..Gotta..Cut away, clear away..Slip away and sever this..Umbilical residue..

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 09:29 PM
Mystifier is currently offline Click here to Send Mystifier a Private Message Find more posts by Mystifier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

laughing out loud so true

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 09:31 PM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Be@st
Elanor's Husband

These are not only american driving rules; they're the same in this whole world

If u look backwards in your life and smile , u have forgot about most of it.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 09:55 PM
Be@st is currently offline Click here to Send Be@st a Private Message Find more posts by Be@st Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BLACKANGEL
boo ya

But you see americans do it the most. My father does most of those rules.

we want a lady in the street but a freak in the bed

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 09:56 PM
BLACKANGEL is currently offline Click here to Send BLACKANGEL a Private Message Find more posts by BLACKANGEL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Be@st
Elanor's Husband

So does my whole family; and family of all of my friends; and most of the drivers I see on streets; and I'm not from America

If u look backwards in your life and smile , u have forgot about most of it.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 09:58 PM
Be@st is currently offline Click here to Send Be@st a Private Message Find more posts by Be@st Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BLACKANGEL
boo ya

Ok im just saying mostly Americans do it.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 09:59 PM
BLACKANGEL is currently offline Click here to Send BLACKANGEL a Private Message Find more posts by BLACKANGEL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I followed all of those rules five times each in the past hour alone.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 10:01 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Real
I have more tech than you

fine, but bunnywolf is in the UK, how does he/she (??) know wut its like here? I personally dont do that...yet.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 10:29 PM
Real is currently offline Click here to Send Real a Private Message Find more posts by Real Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I live in the US, so we drive on the right side of the road not the left as you all know, but there is this one short cut to my mom's house where if you drive on the wrong side of the road, you can get there faster without going all the way around the block. So, if a cop ever pulls me over for doing it, I will say with a thick heavy accent, "I'm sorry, officer. I thought I was in bloody England!"

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 10:33 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BLACKANGEL
boo ya

lol

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 10:34 PM
DeNiro

i almost got in a accident yesterday thank god that guy swerved outof my way

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 10:36 PM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mystifier
Peaceful Moment

RWD> I personally don't know how they drive in US, 'cos ye I'm from UK. I got these driving rules in an email from a friend. I never made 'em up or owt

Beast> Maybe these rules do apply to other countries other than the US and I probably shouldn't have used the title 'Basic rules for driving in the USA' but that is what the title in the email was so that is what I used.

..Gotta..Cut away, clear away..Slip away and sever this..Umbilical residue..

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 10:47 PM
Mystifier is currently offline Click here to Send Mystifier a Private Message Find more posts by Mystifier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

no turst me that is how everyone in america drives I drive good and im 16 though i never do ne stupid shit

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 10:59 PM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Real
I have more tech than you

the only time people REALLY drive bad is when they see you're driving in a "student driver" car (like a couple weeks ago...) then they pull shit like u wouldnt believe...

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 11:11 PM
Real is currently offline Click here to Send Real a Private Message Find more posts by Real Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

laughing out loud heehee...

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 11:14 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

O mang i luve ****ing with those student drivers cars i will tail gate them a lil bit then when the light turns yellow i honk my horn so they will go threw it and then i can only imagine they are getting yelled at laughing out loud i used to mess with them when i was on my bikes also i would see one coming dow the street and i would jump off my bike and dive into the closest yard hoping not to get hit laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 11:16 PM
super pr*xy

i didn't know i was that american... i do those things while shifting into second gear and talking on the phone during which i take a sip of my cafe latte... except for the make up thing...

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 11:55 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

My friend Tucker has a stick shift jeep at he was

1 smoking a ciggrett.
2 talking on the phone
3 changing a cd
4 shifting
5. stirring at the same time one day i was like MY GOD

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2004 12:01 AM
super pr*xy

and they say men can't multi task... we multi task like a motherf*cker... but only when we drive.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2004 12:06 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

hell yea the best i have done so far was eating a hamgbuger talking on the phone stirring and changing the radio

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2004 12:08 AM