KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Overcoming a Father's Superiority Complex: A Story of Success

Overcoming a Father's Superiority Complex: A Story of Success
Started by: JKozzy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Miffed Overcoming a Father's Superiority Complex: A Story of Success

My dad has a bit of a superiority complex and likes to take control of everything--- which is basically why we didn't tell him we got cell phones until we got the first bill. He's convinced that computers poison minds; specifically mine and my sister's, but mainly mine. Because of my Algebra grade, he's also convinced that it's due to being on the computer. Not true, but hey, he won't listen to reason. Anyway, long story short, he bought a lock for the Study door, where the modem and the first computer are. Whenever he feels like I shouldn't go on (more often than not), he just locks the door, and Joe can't get in. Ha-ha. It got old pretty quickly.

I get homelast night, and since my sister has her dance competition.... right this very minute, she had to go to CVS to get some last-minute forgotten items. So I get dropped off, mom and sister go out. Just me and my dad.... a bit of an alright conversation, he didn't seem in a bad mood, or grumpy by any means. I go upstairs to put something away, and surprise, he locked the study door. Because I'm definately going on the computer at midnight after I was out for the day... not. Anyway, he gets pissy that I'm sarcastic about him locking it... control freak? Really annoying. "Oh-ho, but how would you know if it was locked? It might just be closed! You must have been trying to get in! Oh-ho, no computer!" Pretty much what he sounded like. Anyway, I woke up around 5:30, since my room was really, really hot, turned on the air conditioner and fell back asleep, until about 7:00, when my sister got up. Listened to a good hour or so of yelling, since she's completely and utterly incapable of getting ready for anything and not being late, and then they left. Study door's still locked, so I go downstairs to try this computer that I'm typing on. Well, the internet wasn't working. My dad also has a habit of disconnecting the cable outside, so I went out to check that. Still there, so he disconnected the modem upstairs. In the locked door. I searched around the house for about ten minutes, and I got the key. Well, one of them. Dearest father made copies of the key, how nice of him! Unlocked the door, turned the modem on, came down here since this computer's much faster and easier to be on anyway, plus I can hear anyone coming better downstairs, and I made this thread; what you just read now. Not only did I save myself from a good five to six hours of no computer, but I know definetly where one of the keys are to the study. You'd think that it would be hidden or something a little better-- sure you lock me off the computer, but I have seven hours to look for the key. SEVEN HOURS ought to be enough time to find it, but hey, I'm not complaining. stick out tongue

Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 02:31 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sed
Popsicle canibal

Control Freak

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 02:41 PM
Sed is currently offline Click here to Send Sed a Private Message Find more posts by Sed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

mm.....my dad isnt like that, I would hate to think if he was no expression

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 03:07 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maverick2364
Jedi Master

Where have I read this beforewink

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 03:08 PM
Maverick2364 is currently offline Click here to Send Maverick2364 a Private Message Find more posts by Maverick2364 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

what you mean?

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 03:09 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

I also posted it on my Livejournal, what Mav means.

You should be glad your dad's not like that, it's hell erm

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 03:11 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Hooray for the Koz-man Happy Dance

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 03:14 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Furious Angel

ummm congratsconfused

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 03:16 PM
Furious Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Furious Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Furious Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

no one uses the computer in my house - my sister goes on MSN from time to time, my mother searches for holidays and thats it.

So it gets to stay in my room right next to my bed big grin

My friends (they are twins), have a dad who is like that - he phones them every 30mins when they are out and he removed their bank cards from them: "no you're not getting access to the money you earned at your back breaking job, what do you think this is..."

Discos - well done JK, stick it to the man yes

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 03:18 PM
sniper
Marksman extrordinare

mine's a control freak, but he's beginning to realize that he cant stop me from doing what i want

Made by the wonderful Misha.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 03:19 PM
sniper is currently offline Click here to Send sniper a Private Message Find more posts by sniper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

You should sell that story in script form to Jerry Bruckheimer yes

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 03:27 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

ah good old jerry ^^

my dad is a fisherman and is out at sea 5 days a week, the mother lets me do pretty much anything cause she knows I am not stupid enough to waste my life away and drop out of school and do drugs and whatnot.

Discos - unlike my sister roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 03:41 PM
Furious Angel

quote:
Originally posted by Deathblow
You should sell that story in script form to Jerry Bruckheimer yes

laughing nice one sam

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 04:02 PM
Furious Angel is currently offline Click here to Send Furious Angel a Private Message Find more posts by Furious Angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Haha, I will, Deathblow wink

Control freaks are no fun no

Discos - Sister's a delinquent? stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 04:03 PM
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Haveta return everything back to its original state before parents arrive embarrasment

Cy'all. sad

I wouldn't be surprised if this happens again, either mad

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 05:01 PM
Discos
The Discmeister

lol my sister is totally the opposite of me, shes a rebel

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 05:03 PM
Tex
Yumsz

Your dad is a total computer Nazi!

Tell him you're gay and pregnant; he'll have so much on his mind he'll forget all about locking the study!

I should send you a bill for my glamorous advice!

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 09:01 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

sounds like a Covert OPs shifty ... fortunetly the comp is mine stick out tongue but the electricity is theres laughing out loud ... but stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 09:10 PM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Real
I have more tech than you

kozz...sneak one of the keys out n make ur own copy

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 09:56 PM
Real is currently offline Click here to Send Real a Private Message Find more posts by Real Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

yes thats the next step yes

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 09:58 PM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote