KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » More Medical Problems

More Medical Problems
Started by: Myth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

More Medical Problems

As many of you may remember, I was recently diagnosed with a kidney disease called IgA Nephropathy. I have been on heavy medication for a while now and I started seeing side-effects while exercising. I have spent the summer trying to train for track but working out started to make me sick, literally. I would feel sick to the stomach and get extremely fatigued to the point where I thought I may pass out (although I never did). I returned to my high school where there was a summer weight lifting program for the football players. I participated in the training (although I never even played football in HS) and I noticed that people who normally should never beat me at anything athletic were beating me within 10-15 minutes of different running and agility workouts. Blood tests showed that my meds have made me extremely anemic. Doctors have told me that this is the cause of my inability to workout at my previous rate. I am now being treated with injections that I will receive every other week and have been told that I should be able to feel normal when exercising pretty soon. I started the injections Thursday and ran 5K race today and felt pretty good. The whole thing sucks though overall because this is just another thing I have to watch now. It seems that every doctor visit, they discover a new problem (usually a side-effect to medicines) that require a new medicine, which in hand will require another medicine to cancel out its side-effects, and so on. I'm affraid that by next year I'll be on so many meds that I'll have problems that will be more severe to deal with. I mean shit, I started with just a few pills, and now I'm taking 17 pills daily along with shots every other week. This is beginning to get scary and its not even serious... yet.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 06:58 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

oh my goodness.....stupid doctors. they give a person medication and the side effects are worse then the problem itself mad

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 07:12 AM
Sweet Sacrifice is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Sacrifice a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Sacrifice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
House of Jade

*hug*

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 08:27 AM
House of Jade is currently offline Click here to Send House of Jade a Private Message Find more posts by House of Jade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Raven Guardia
oh my goodness.....stupid doctors. they give a person medication and the side effects are worse then the problem itself mad

Not necessarily. Without the original medication, my kidneys may be near useless by now and I was at high risk of a heart attack or stroke.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 09:37 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
misha

babe you didnt tell me this are you ok??

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 09:45 AM
misha is currently offline Click here to Send misha a Private Message Find more posts by misha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I've posted whole topics about it before. I should be fine. My condition should with treatment should allow me to live nearly a full life and it doesn't put too many limits on my lifestyle, but I'm affraid that one of the meds that I may come across may start making me really ill (although I don't plan on it). Like I said, I'm training for track, so therefore I my health can't be too bad (right now). As long as I feel good, I'm happy.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 09:50 AM
misha

oh sorry i didnt read all of what you wrote, only the first line....it's too long baby embarrasment

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 09:59 AM
misha is currently offline Click here to Send misha a Private Message Find more posts by misha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote