KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » 49 Foot Python Found In Indonesia

49 Foot Python Found In Indonesia
Started by: hh?

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

49 Foot Python Found In Indonesia

http://www.seacoastonline.com/2003n...world/68044.htm

old article, December 31, 2003

49-foot python reported captured in Indonesia

By Associated Press

JAKARTA, Indonesia - Indonesian villagers claim to have captured a python that is almost 49 feet long and weighs nearly 990 pounds, a local official said.

If confirmed, it would be the largest snake ever kept in captivity.

Hundreds of people have flocked to see the snake at a primitive zoo in Curugsewu village on the country’s main island of Java.

A local government official said the reticulated python measured 48 feet 8 inches and weighed in at 983 pounds.

The Guinness Book of World Records lists the longest snake ever captured at 32 feet. The heaviest - a Burmese python kept in Gurnee, Ill. - weighs 402 pounds, according to the book’s Web site.

The Indonesian newspaper Republika said the snake, which was caught last year but only recently put on public display, eats three or four dogs a month.

Reticulated pythons are the world’s longest snakes.

They are capable of eating animals as large as sheep, and have been known to attack and consume humans.

The species is native to the swamps and jungles of Southeast Asia.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 11:48 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ronny
Love is Blindness

no expression

"After coming into contact with a religious man
I always feel I must wash my hands."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 11:52 PM
Ronny is currently offline Click here to Send Ronny a Private Message Find more posts by Ronny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Antoinette
Touched by Brazils Love

Holy cow its huge!

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 11:52 PM
Antoinette is currently offline Click here to Send Antoinette a Private Message Find more posts by Antoinette Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

awww crap wrong forum. this was suppose to be in teh GDF...cuz OTF doesn't take things seriously laughing out loud

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 11:54 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's fake, Steve-o and Party boy went there and it was only 21 feet. And there is no possibal way any snake of any species could be 49 feet long

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 11:54 PM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

quote:
Originally posted by SlipknoT
It's fake, Steve-o and Party boy went there and it was only 21 feet. And there is no possibal way any snake of any species could be 49 feet long

you sure? i was thinking its impossible...

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 11:55 PM
Mystifier
Peaceful Moment

It's fake? confused Well if it was real that would be pretty amazing eek!

..Gotta..Cut away, clear away..Slip away and sever this..Umbilical residue..

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 11:55 PM
Mystifier is currently offline Click here to Send Mystifier a Private Message Find more posts by Mystifier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know my snakes

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 11:56 PM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

quote:
I know my snakes

can you prove it thats it not 49 feet? i believe you but is there another article that states that?

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 11:57 PM
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yea I heard about it a while ago, theres no way because it would be almost double the average size of a Reticulated Python

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 11:59 PM
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by HockeyHorror
can you prove it thats it not 49 feet? i believe you but is there another article that states that?
in the March issue of reptiles (its a magazine) there was an article, that said it was only 21 feet long. If your still skeptic you could try and find that episode of Wildboyz

Old Post Aug 19th, 2004 12:02 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

quote:
in the March issue of reptiles (its a magazine) there was an article, that said it was only 21 feet long. If your still skeptic you could try and find that episode of Wildboyz

o yea! i remember that episode. but it wasn't in indonesia???? or was it??

Old Post Aug 19th, 2004 12:04 AM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote:
Originally posted by DirtyBlondPrepa
Holy cow its huge!

I think that thing would eat a whole cow! eek!

WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Detroit_Byatch
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: 49 Foot Python Found In Indonesia

quote:

old article, December 31, 2003

49-foot python reported captured in Indonesia

By Associated Press

JAKARTA, Indonesia - Indonesian villagers claim to have captured a python that is almost 49 feet long and weighs nearly 990 pounds, a local official said.

If confirmed, it would be the largest snake ever kept in captivity.

Hundreds of people have flocked to see the snake at a primitive zoo in Curugsewu village on the country’s main island of Java.

A local government official said the reticulated python measured 48 feet 8 inches and weighed in at 983 pounds.

The Guinness Book of World Records lists the longest snake ever captured at 32 feet. The heaviest - a Burmese python kept in Gurnee, Ill. - weighs 402 pounds, according to the book’s Web site.

The Indonesian newspaper Republika said the snake, which was caught last year but only recently put on public display, eats three or four dogs a month.

Reticulated pythons are the world’s longest snakes.

They are capable of eating animals as large as sheep, and have been known to attack and consume humans.

The species is native to the swamps and jungles of Southeast Asia.

Wow! That's Awesome!

Detroit_Byatch is currently offline Click here to Send Detroit_Byatch a Private Message Find more posts by Detroit_Byatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Undoubtedly many of you have heard about this lage reticulated python that went on display in Curugsewu, Indonesia, last December. Locals claim it was 49 feet long, which would make it the longest snake ever in captivity. However, a report at press time tells of a Reuters photographer who measured the the snake to find it was actually around 21 feet long. " I have no idea why the snake has shrunk," one keeper was quoted as saying. It just goes to show initial reports of record breaking snakes should be regarded warily, depending on who's making the report

Old Post Aug 19th, 2004 12:16 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

quote:
Undoubtedly many of you have heard about this lage reticulated python that went on display in Curugsewu, Indonesia, last December. Locals claim it was 49 feet long, which would make it the longest snake ever in captivity. However, a report at press time tells of a Reuters photographer who measured the the snake to find it was actually around 21 feet long. " I have no idea why the snake has shrunk," one keeper was quoted as saying. It just goes to show initial reports of record breaking snakes should be regarded warily, depending on who's making the report

the snake shrunk...

or did some dumbass miscalculate measurments...

Old Post Aug 19th, 2004 12:18 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

It's almost as big as my......ah, nevermind.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2004 12:18 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire

laughing

ARMO POWER!!! Happy Dance

Old Post Aug 19th, 2004 12:25 AM
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
as big as your what?

Old Post Aug 19th, 2004 12:29 AM
DeNiro

man all i got to say if i saw that swimming in the water next to me i think the water around me would get a lil bit warmer if ya know what i mean stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 19th, 2004 02:18 AM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote