KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Screwed?

Screwed?
Started by: Maverick2364

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Maverick2364
Jedi Master

Screwed?

I was just installing the Microsoft Service pack 2 to update my computer, and it froze. So I calmly restarted and the system ahd to revert back to the old configuration settings, then the system told me to remove the service pack since it was not fully installed. So I removed the pack adn the computer restarted, except now it doesn't recognize any hardware or settings. Right now I'm on another computer while the system restore takes place. Any ideas if this doesnt work?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 12:42 AM
Maverick2364 is currently offline Click here to Send Maverick2364 a Private Message Find more posts by Maverick2364 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Real
I have more tech than you

just let it finish...i used the final beta release of SP2 over the official release; 1)because i needed the bluetooth support for my keyboard and mouse 2) because the official release would be locked i assuemed and have problems w/so many people updating at the same time....

i guess i was right

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 12:44 AM
Real is currently offline Click here to Send Real a Private Message Find more posts by Real Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maverick2364
Jedi Master

Yeah this system restore is taking forever (a lot of files to restore I'm assuming) I assumed it froze since it was loading MINIME.dll or something as to taht effect for an hour or so.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 12:46 AM
Maverick2364 is currently offline Click here to Send Maverick2364 a Private Message Find more posts by Maverick2364 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Real

well, one alternative would be to d/l a SP2 from another source other than windows...just make sure to check it for viruses and that its not an early beta release...

if you use bit torrent i can give u a site with a few releases of SP2 among about a thousand other things

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 12:47 AM
Real is currently offline Click here to Send Real a Private Message Find more posts by Real Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maverick2364
Jedi Master

If the computer doesnt restore right, I'll see if it can locate Bit Torrent and look at it. Can you post the links anyway?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 12:49 AM
Real

i'll pm it to u cuz i dont wanna give it out due to the nature of the site and of course, i wanna keep the bandwith down

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 12:50 AM
Maverick2364
Jedi Master

Ok thanks

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 12:51 AM
Tex
Yumsz

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 02:01 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

maverick, your computer's just horrible stick out tongue

I'm a signature!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 02:03 AM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maverick2364
Jedi Master

lol yeah, thanks Tex, actually Jkozzy called me a short time after seeing my thread, we'll figure it out...

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 12:52 PM