KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » I almost died this weekend.

I almost died this weekend.
Started by: xeous

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xeous
The Next.

Worried I almost died this weekend.

This weekend, my ski club went on a ski trip to Canaan Valley...I went on a slope called "Gravity"(Named for the fact that it's practically vertical for about 500 feet before straightening out to about a 50-60 degree slope then to about a 30 degree slope(merges with beginner slopes)) (The hardest slope there) The whole run is about a mile long...I already made the run once(almost identical to the one that I will explain...Except for a minor detail that I'm sure you'll catch.) and had been skiing expert slopes pretty much all weekend.

Well, I started down Gravity and made about NO cuts...I was going about as fast as any human could go and I went to slow down to merge with the beginner slopes(I didn't want to kill any of the kids) and I lost my edge... I hit my side and slid into a tree, headfirst. Everything happened so fast, I didn't even have time to cover my head. I'm not too sure if it knocked me out or not but the girl that was in our group that came behind me said that she didn't even know I biffed it...She said she left about a minute after me so I'm thinking I might have been out for a few seconds. I got up and when the second girl(They, of course, made cuts all the way down the mountain stick out tongue ) saw me, she flipped. I guess I had blood running down my forehead so I whiped my face off and threw the blood to the side. I didn't want treatment until I finished the run...Hardass, I know cool Anyway...They just checked out the cut and I filled out a report and finished skiing that day...A few more inches down on my head and I wouldn't have been typing this.

I'd just like to say I pretty much have a new outlook on life. I'm not going to quit doing stuff like this...I'm just going to use common sense, like using a helmet. Oh yeah, did I mention that that was my second day ever of skiing? big grin

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 06:34 PM
xeous is currently offline Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I'm glad you still here to talk about it Xeous. Well, don't be discourage by something like that. Take it as a challenge. Except next time Always remenber that "Safety comes first".

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 06:57 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

Ur posts was to long to read all i know is glad to hear ur ok big grin

Did u possibly get hurt enough that i can b better at golf then u now stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 07:01 PM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

I don't know, D. I am having a little trouble typing out words sometimes though so I wouldn't doubt it.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 07:03 PM
xeous is currently offline Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Force
Holy Hypocrits!

well that was close

Made by the awesome transforming Hegemon
Don't mess with The Force, because I ownz you. -The Force

Crazy Christian all over your candy arse.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 07:26 PM
The Force is currently offline Click here to Send The Force a Private Message Find more posts by The Force Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

thumb up congrats

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 07:36 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

on surviving i mean

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 07:37 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

Attachment: ihavecome2.jpg
This has been downloaded 42 time(s).

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 07:37 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

is it supposed to be ahve huh

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 07:38 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

didnt you understand it stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 07:39 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Second day ever????? You are crazy!!!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 07:40 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

quote:
Originally posted by burlyman
didnt you understand it stick out tongue

no confused

silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abbita

You went on a slope like that on your second day!?!?!

Abbita is currently offline Click here to Send Abbita a Private Message Find more posts by Abbita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Damn! You're crazy, skiing a slope like that your second day skiing...but I'm glad to hear you're okay!

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 07:44 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

No, I'm not really crazy. I was one of the best skiers there and some of the kids I was with have been doing it their whole lives...I had total confidence in what I was doing it was just kinda a freak accident. And for those who are wondering, we were the only 3 on that slope, there wasn't a chance for anyone else to get hurt and, since I was the first, neither of the other 2 could have been hurt...

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 07:55 PM
xeous
The Next.

And, it wasn't self proclaimed "one of the best skiers" either smile

Old Post Mar 1st, 2004 07:58 PM