KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Any vegans out there?

Any vegans out there?
Started by: Ming Tea!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ming Tea!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Any vegans out there?

I'm considering becoming one. So I just want to know what you eat. Do eat dairy and eggs or not?

If you've got a daddy issue, here's a daddy tissue mate.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 08:06 PM
Ming Tea! is currently offline Click here to Send Ming Tea! a Private Message Find more posts by Ming Tea! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

Vegans dont eat/arent associated with nething that comes from an animal

so if u really wanna wear plastic shoes for the rest of ur life, be my guest stick out tongue

no dairy, no leather, no meat, no eggs, no furs, no skins, no wool, no animal products at all...

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 08:08 PM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ming Tea!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can do everything else except the leather thing.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 08:10 PM
Ming Tea! is currently offline Click here to Send Ming Tea! a Private Message Find more posts by Ming Tea! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

No you cannot.

You cannot eat or wear anything that came from an animal.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 08:13 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ming Tea!
Restricted

Account Restricted

How will my pants stay up???? sad

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 08:15 PM
lil bitchiness
-

Became vegetarian.

And there are belts that are not leather.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 08:17 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

I was vegan for nearly a year - but the ethical dilemma each time I ate or drank almost drove me mad: so i reverted to the far less moral but mercifully easier life of the vegetarian.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 08:17 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ming Tea!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I guess being vegetarian would work best.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 08:19 PM
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

Well - you have to make your own mind up. My reasons for adopting a vegan diet were not because i think consuming dairy products is somehow "wrong" (if the animal doesnt die - i'm happy to celebrate the humble bee by eating honey...) It was because i figure if i'm using dairy i'm supporting the practice of dairy farming - which in turn feeds the meat industry.

From there - i worked out that even SHOPPING in the stores that also sell meat is supporting the meat-business, so I was not only vegan i was a vegan that would only shop in small locally owned health food stores that only sold organic produce. IE I almost starved to death.

You have to find what works for you - forget the labels of veggie and vegan and do what you think is right.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 08:25 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ming Tea!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm concerned about my health. I already stopped eating red meat and pork years ago.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 08:35 PM
lil bitchiness
-

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Zero
Well - you have to make your own mind up. My reasons for adopting a vegan diet were not because i think consuming dairy products is somehow "wrong" (if the animal doesnt die - i'm happy to celebrate the humble bee by eating honey...) It was because i figure if i'm using dairy i'm supporting the practice of dairy farming - which in turn feeds the meat industry.

From there - i worked out that even SHOPPING in the stores that also sell meat is supporting the meat-business, so I was not only vegan i was a vegan that would only shop in small locally owned health food stores that only sold organic produce. IE I almost starved to death.

You have to find what works for you - forget the labels of veggie and vegan and do what you think is right.

You could have gone out and lived in the wild where the nature itself would feed you with its humble yet tasty, unaltared, non-supermarket related, meet free goods. happy

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 08:44 PM
Ming Tea!
Restricted

Account Restricted

LOL. No thanks nature.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 08:46 PM
Df02

its not healthy to not eat meat tho lol...
meat is just as important a part of ur diet as vegetables and soya based meat imitation products

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 08:46 PM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ming Tea!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I want to avoid unecessary red meats and unhealthy fats.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 08:48 PM
Df02

but red meat is the main way the body gets protein into the system... which is used to build/repair muscles among other things

how about, rather than becoming a hippy, u just watch ur diet, and make sure u eat sensible portions of meats.
everythings unhealthy in large doses, but at the same time, its unhealthy to cut things out of ur diet

TotalFormat Forums

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 08:51 PM
Lightningrod
gay o' time

Re: Any vegans out there?

quote:
Originally posted by Fox_Mulder
I'm considering becoming one. So I just want to know what you eat. Do eat dairy and eggs or not?

nope sorry i am an omnivore

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 08:53 PM
Lightningrod is currently offline Click here to Send Lightningrod a Private Message Find more posts by Lightningrod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ming Tea!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Df02
but red meat is the main way the body gets protein into the system... which is used to build/repair muscles among other things

how about, rather than becoming a hippy, u just watch ur diet, and make sure u eat sensible portions of meats.
everythings unhealthy in large doses, but at the same time, its unhealthy to cut things out of ur diet

I eat meat in decent doses, but I think eating veggies would be a healthier alternative.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 08:58 PM
Df02

in the long run it isnt...because unless u REALLY like peanuts, uve got no way of gettin decent amounts of protein into ur system. lol

TotalFormat Forums

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 08:59 PM
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

KMC Law # 274

Its inevitable that any thread labeled "any vegans out there" will end up with people posting about how great it is to eat meat.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 09:01 PM
Df02

im not saying its great to eat meat tho lol..
im saying its healthier to eat meat in sensible amounts than to completely cut it out of ur diet

idiot
hey, fair is fair lol

TotalFormat Forums

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 09:03 PM