KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Aaaargh! My eyes!

Aaaargh! My eyes!
Started by: Mr Zero

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

Aaaargh! My eyes!

Today is the day of the Aaaargh! My eyes! film festival here in London. Why have you not heard of this? Because I just invented it yesterday - stop interrupting with your stupid questions. My arm sprain has been acting up again these last few weeks so I've had to put my brace back on, so i can't draw or sculpt or do anything else one handed.

(please log in to view the image)

I'm too lazy to get dressed and go out - so I decided to have the AME film fest. I have stacked up all the DVDs I bought in the last few days and I'm going to watch most of them today. The only problem is I can't decide which order - so after scratching me head for a while i thought I'd throw it to the floor.*

Here's the list. What do I watch first?
Once I've seen it I'll come back for the next - and so on... what fun!

• Donnie Darko - The Directors Cut
  • SPACED the 3 disk collectors Edition
  • The Martian Chronicles
  • The Adventures of Robin Hood (Errol Flyn)
  • Once upon a time in the West
  • Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein double bill
  • Sunrise ( F.W. Murnau - 1927 )
  • The African Queen
  • Tipping the Velvet (3 part BBC adaptation)
  • Reservoir Dogs SE
  • The complete Ripping Yarns (Michael Palin and Terry Jones)

* I reserve the right to ignore suggestions from people I don't like, newbies and assholes. which pretty much covers all of you.

Attachment: dvds.jpg
This has been downloaded 166 time(s).

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 09:23 AM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-Double
.. and some junk

Frankenstein. Party on Zero.

Oh Sweat!

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 09:28 AM
D-Double is currently offline Click here to Send D-Double a Private Message Find more posts by D-Double Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by D-Double

Excellent! That's what i would have picked myself for an early Saturday morning treat. Nice work...

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 09:30 AM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

am i a$$hole or newbie?

i haven't seen any of those movies, so do what you want

*post to be ignored* no expression

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 09:30 AM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

i did something akin to this once - 6 hours straight of tarantino movies. i woke up feeling hungover.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 09:33 AM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

quote:
Originally posted by D-Double
defiantly, number one...hmmm next I think should be The Martian Chronicles
sci-fi would be a good round up film! wink

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 09:48 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-Double
.. and some junk

Who was in that? It sounds cool.

Oh Sweat!

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 09:53 AM
D-Double is currently offline Click here to Send D-Double a Private Message Find more posts by D-Double Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

well I seem to remember it being on the sci-fi channel as a mini series and it had rock hudson and roddy mcdowall(so cool) but I didn't get to watch it...

was it a thriller type sci-fi movie mr.zero?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 09:59 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

Frankenstein completed; I love that movie - i think it was the first horror movie I was ever allowed to watch: I saw it, Dracula and the Wolfman in one fright-night style sitting when i was around 8 yrs old. I had to hide how scared I was from them till it was over. Didnt sleep for a month! Good times.

Martian Chronicles is an 80's miniseries TV adaptation of classic Ray Bradbury Sci-Fi. Lousy special fx and bad clothing, but Rock Hudson, Darren McGavin, Bernie Casey & Roddy McDowell. Niiiice. It's something of a fondly remembered classic - one of those "hey did you ever see..." things that crops up in nerdy pup conversation. I'm worried that it may have dated badly, but - despite the fact that it's almost 5 hours long I'm going to at least begin watching it next. Thanks to BK.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 11:59 AM
Syren
dreaming

Hmm, I can't decide between Donnie, Reservoir Dogs and Tipping The Velvet. All hold their individual appeal........

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 12:01 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Machete_Guy
Another Basterd

I Looooooooove that region 2 resovoir dogs cover

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 12:05 PM
Machete_Guy is currently offline Click here to Send Machete_Guy a Private Message Find more posts by Machete_Guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

quote:
Originally posted by Unholy_Cheese
I Looooooooove that region 2 resovoir dogs cover

It is hot, for a cover

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 12:06 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by Clovie
am i a$$hole or newbie?

Neither - you are a respected veteran.... I tip the zero hat to you!

You haven't seen any of these? Donnie Darko & Reservoir Dogs are modern classics - and The African Queen.. Bogie* and Hepburn directed by Huston - can it be that people breathe who have not seen this film? Oh the youth of today - I do not understand!

*winning an oscar!

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 12:06 PM
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by Syren
Hmm, I can't decide between Donnie, Reservoir Dogs and Tipping The Velvet. All hold their individual appeal........

Without going into too much detail - Im hoping to avoid tipping the velvet as my good arm is in a brace.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 12:09 PM
Machete_Guy
Another Basterd

So lucky..

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 12:11 PM
Machete_Guy is currently offline Click here to Send Machete_Guy a Private Message Find more posts by Machete_Guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Zero
Without going into too much detail - Im hoping to avoid tipping the velvet as my good arm is in a brace.

You got my meaning there Mr Z, I apologise for my total lack of consideration no expression

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 12:32 PM
Elessea

I've never seen any of them...

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 12:55 PM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gaca
KATIUSHA

Reservoir Dogs

makes me want to watch it too... *goes off to rent the movie*

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 01:08 PM
Gaca is currently offline Click here to Send Gaca a Private Message Find more posts by Gaca Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ms Chelle
ubuntu

The Adventures of Robin Hood (Errol Flyn) , always a good choice .

made by Scribble

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 01:44 PM
Ms Chelle is currently offline Click here to Send Ms Chelle a Private Message Find more posts by Ms Chelle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elessea

I like Robin Hood yes though i've never seen taht particular version big grin

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 01:54 PM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote