KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Being a teacher

Being a teacher
Started by: The Joker#1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Joker#1
Powerful foe

Being a teacher

I am training to be a teacher and I had my first experiences with having classes yesterday.

Basically I was given 8 classes to cover for teachers who were out sick etc.Now most of the classes were fine with the odd mouthy or cheeky student in it.I handled that fine.

But there was this one class I took for Science,the second years who were aged about 14 or so.And they were the cheekiest,nosiest little bastards ever.Threatening them with punishment didnt work,throwing one of them out didnt work.They were just the most misbehaved little brats I ever met mad

Any teachers here who have classes like that?? How do you handle them??

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 09:54 PM
The Joker#1 is currently offline Click here to Send The Joker#1 a Private Message Find more posts by The Joker#1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Andre 3000
Bad Boy killa

im a mouthy, cheeky student big grin

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 09:57 PM
Andre 3000 is currently offline Click here to Send Andre 3000 a Private Message Find more posts by Andre 3000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Re: Being a teacher

quote:
Originally posted by Endenkton
I am training to be a teacher and I had my first experiences with having classes yesterday.

Basically I was given 8 classes to cover for teachers who were out sick etc.Now most of the classes were fine with the odd mouthy or cheeky student in it.I handled that fine.

But there was this one class I took for Science,the second years who were aged about 14 or so.And they were the cheekiest,nosiest little bastards ever.Threatening them with punishment didnt work,throwing one of them out didnt work.They were just the most misbehaved little brats I ever met mad

Any teachers here who have classes like that?? How do you handle them??

I'm going into training, I have no idea when. I'm still trying to decide which age group erm

But I get that, I am inclined toward middle school age because I don't think I could handle teen angst in high school.

ThorinWoofer

Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

quote:
Originally posted by Andre 3000
im a mouthy, cheeky student big grin

no expression

You should be so proud.

ThorinWoofer

Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zelda Lestat
Vampire Prodigy

my teachers make us all stay after school and clean the classroom.that incudes:cleaning the chalk board, sweeeping,dissenfecting desks,vaccuming,and cleaning the windows.on top of that we usually get a few days detention too.

shopowners
death eaters
order members
and of course, students!

Academy Eclipse

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 10:00 PM
Zelda Lestat is currently offline Click here to Send Zelda Lestat a Private Message Find more posts by Zelda Lestat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Joker#1
Powerful foe

Re: Re: Being a teacher

quote:
Originally posted by Syren
I'm going into training, I have no idea when. I'm still trying to decide which age group erm

But I get that, I am inclined toward middle school age because I don't think I could handle teen angst in high school.

You get to choose the age?? So lucky.We can get between 13-18 year olds sad

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 10:00 PM
The Joker#1 is currently offline Click here to Send The Joker#1 a Private Message Find more posts by The Joker#1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Andre 3000
Bad Boy killa

my teacher called me a dumbass

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 10:01 PM
Andre 3000 is currently offline Click here to Send Andre 3000 a Private Message Find more posts by Andre 3000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Lie to them and say they all have detention, and at the end of class, don't actually give them detention, pretend like you forgot.

Then the fear is still there.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 10:01 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Joker#1
Powerful foe

quote:
Originally posted by <<Solo>>
Lie to them and say they all have detention, and at the end of class, don't actually give them detention, pretend like you forgot.

Tried that.I told 2 of them they were to stay behind after class cos I was gonna take them to the principal.They didnt care mad

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 10:04 PM
Syren
dreaming

Re: Re: Re: Being a teacher

quote:
You get to choose the age?? So lucky.We can get between 13-18 year olds sad

Oh no, I mean here our schools are separated into three, ages 5-7/8, then 8/9-11/12, then 12-16, approx. So I don't want to teach the youngest, I would like the classes to have a little more individuality and viewpoint, but I doubt I could handle the teens. So, I'm trying to decide which school I would work at should I qualify.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 10:05 PM
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

quote:
Originally posted by <<Solo>>

Worst thing to do ever, trust me, A teacher (Madam Léonard) Gave the entire class detention beacsue a few people did not read a text, a Lunch Detention, We waited for her, go ni the class, and she never showed up,Some People wrote there anme son the board and l;eft (inlcuding me) Others, who satyed the entire time and left at the end of lunch almost got an after school detention

http://canada.ratemyteachers.com/Sh...0499&type=0

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 10:05 PM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

quote:
Tried that.I told 2 of them they were to stay behind after class cos I was gonna take them to the principal.They didnt care mad

Man, you had one freaking bad class.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 10:07 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zelda Lestat
Vampire Prodigy

lol. thats funny. once, when the teachers were all out buying therre lunches, me and three of my friends snuck into the staff room and spraypainted then walls with the names of our fave bands.

shopowners
death eaters
order members
and of course, students!

Academy Eclipse

Zelda Lestat is currently offline Click here to Send Zelda Lestat a Private Message Find more posts by Zelda Lestat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Joker#1
Powerful foe

Re: Re: Re: Re: Being a teacher

quote:
Originally posted by Syren
Oh no, I mean here our schools are separated into three, ages 5-7/8, then 8/9-11/12, then 12-16, approx. So I don't want to teach the youngest, I would like the classes to have a little more individuality and viewpoint, but I doubt I could handle the teens. So, I'm trying to decide which school I would work at should I qualify.

12-16 would be the toughest I'd say.

The Joker#1
Powerful foe

quote:
Originally posted by Zelda Lestat
lol. thats funny. once, when the teachers were all out buying therre lunches, me and three of my friends snuck into the staff room and spraypainted then walls with the names of our fave bands.

LMAO!

Ok if I was a teacher and came back and saw that I would laugh laughing

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 10:09 PM
Zelda Lestat
Vampire Prodigy

umm, the heads didnt think it was funny...

shopowners
death eaters
order members
and of course, students!

Academy Eclipse

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 10:10 PM
Solo

quote:
Originally posted by Crash Overload

http://canada.ratemyteachers.com/Sh...0499&type=0
[/font][/color] [/B]

Lol. That's pretty good.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 10:11 PM
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

What I like about our school is teachers give students respect. When that happens, I automatically give respect back. But when a teacher tries to act like he/she is "better", I like to get her/him really, really pissed. big grin

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 10:13 PM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zelda Lestat
Vampire Prodigy

well, technically, you know..the teacher is better.............but that doesnt mean they shouldnt respect you any way..

shopowners
death eaters
order members
and of course, students!

Academy Eclipse

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 10:16 PM
Syren
dreaming

quote:
Originally posted by MC Mike
What I like about our school is teachers give students respect. When that happens, I automatically give respect back. But when a teacher tries to act like he/she is "better", I like to get her/him really, really pissed. big grin

*pats head*

I love that you have this wonderful outlook on life stick out tongue

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 10:26 PM