KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Long distance relationships... vent here!

Would you start dating someone, knowing that they will be far from u?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes! If the relationship is worth it, why not? 15 65.22%
maybe, depends on how far we're talking here. 3 13.04%
maybe, if i thought they were worth it? 4 17.39%
Hell no! 1 4.35%
Total: 23 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Long distance relationships... vent here!
Started by: PandoraMomo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PandoraMomo
I have a secret...

Love Long distance relationships... vent here!

yeah, i know, horrible thread, but hey, I know there are alot of people who are in long distance relationships, and sometimes need to vent, like me.
I love my boyfriend to death, he's my best friend, and I can't see myself with out him right now. But he goes to college a few hours away from me. granted, i do not in anyway regret starting a relatiponship with him when I did, but being so far away makes it incredibly hard. I can't even imagine what it's like for a friend of mine who has a thing going w/ a guy a whole ocean away from us. Anyone got any advice on how to make this less difficult than it already is?????

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 02:02 AM
PandoraMomo is currently offline Click here to Send PandoraMomo a Private Message Find more posts by PandoraMomo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Antoinette
Touched by Brazils Love

ohhh...gez...thank god u ve seen him in person before..I hope ...Just talk to him each nite and plan something on the weekends...get a webcam to talk to him...hope it helps

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 02:12 AM
Antoinette is currently offline Click here to Send Antoinette a Private Message Find more posts by Antoinette Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Well, in my opinion and in my experience, it doesnt really work. Maybe because its me, i know few people who manage to keep it going.

For me, it was becoming really hard to do, especially since we'd both get super paranoid, and he would ring me like 5 times in a night to see where i am and what im doing. I was finding it hard too, because there were people who i really became close to and wanted our friendship to progress, but couldnt because i had a ''boyfriend'' 5 hours away from me on the train.
Then one night, he said he would call me, and he never did - then in the morning i got a phone call and he said he has something to tell me.

When i asked him what, he said that he has done something horrible - that hes been with someone else, and that this morning he woke up next to her. And that was the end of that.

But thas just me - like i said, it could well work, im definitivly not discarding the idea - it just never ever worked for me.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 02:13 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote:
I can't even imagine what it's like for a friend of mine who has a thing going w/ a guy a whole ocean away from us.

Referring to me, of course...

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 02:14 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PandoraMomo
I have a secret...

Yes, we went to hs togeather. I do talk to him every night, and sadly, webcams don't work cuz of firewalls set up at his schoolsad. We do try to get togeather as much as possible, but I do have work and school, and he has school and extra curriculars.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 02:14 AM
PandoraMomo is currently offline Click here to Send PandoraMomo a Private Message Find more posts by PandoraMomo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Re: Long distance relationships... vent here!

quote:
Originally posted by PandoraMomo
I can't even imagine what it's like for a friend of mine who has a thing going w/ a guy a whole ocean away from us.

Is it an internet thing, or have they been together in real life?

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 02:15 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PandoraMomo
I have a secret...

quote:
Originally posted by Silver Stardust
Referring to me, of course...

hey, it's true, can't imagine how frustrating that is...
sorry if u didn't want me to say anything.. sad

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 02:15 AM
PandoraMomo
I have a secret...

lil bitchiness: I have had other long distance relationships too, which is why I'm trying so hard to make this one work, cuz my other two didn't. Thankfully, neither one of us has jealousy issues. the onlt issue we've had related to that was when a guy from my now exjob kissed me, but thankfully he understood that I didn't want it to happen... thank god...

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 02:18 AM
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

It isn't really "long distance" because you see him once in a while. I used to know people who were together, and talked on the internet when they couldn't be with eachother. I say it depends on your mental capacity to handle such a thing. I'm not saying I've had/have/ever had/ever will have any, I'm just playing neutral, and going by what has been said in the posts. So good luck to you, and your friend, must be harsh an overseas relationship.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 02:38 AM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

I think it would be hard to keep a long distance relationship.After all sure you can write back and forth and call but it would not be the same thing as him or her being with you.
I think close distance relationhips are better.JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 02:41 AM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PandoraMomo
I have a secret...

quote:
Originally posted by JToTheP
It isn't really "long distance" because you see him once in a while. I used to know people who were together, and talked on the internet when they couldn't be with eachother. I say it depends on your mental capacity to handle such a thing. I'm not saying I've had/have/ever had/ever will have any, I'm just playing neutral, and going by what has been said in the posts. So good luck to you, and your friend, must be harsh an overseas relationship.

Yeah, i can see were ur coming from with what ur saying. but all i have to say in response is:
I guess it depends on ur definition of long distance relationships. I know there are people out there thinkg "god, she still sees him once a month, so that isn't bad!" But if you care for the person enough, and if ur so used to seeing him everyday, it does make it hard, and I do think of it as long distance. Talking to him everyday does make it easier, but not seeing him, not being there for him when he's down, or having a hard time... its rough...

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 02:43 AM
Peach
mordrem

quote:
Originally posted by PandoraMomo
hey, it's true, can't imagine how frustrating that is...
sorry if u didn't want me to say anything.. sad

Nah, it's not a problem, it's not like it's a big secret or anything.

Milla -- Momo was referring to me, and for the moment it is only an internet thing, due to the distance...it's Ush. And it is hard that we aren't actually together, but we are so incredibly determined to make it work out.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 03:00 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

quote:
Originally posted by Silver Stardust
Milla -- Momo was referring to me, and for the moment it is only an internet thing, due to the distance...it's Ush. And it is hard that we aren't actually together, but we are so incredibly determined to make it work out.

Woah, Alana, are you being serious?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 03:06 AM
Peach
mordrem

Yeah, babes, I am.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 03:14 AM
lil bitchiness
-

So how serious is this ''relationship''?

I just never pinned you as a type to believe in internet love. confused

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 03:18 AM
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Well, I guess some people may not have much luck in the areas/towns/wherever they live in with the opposite sex, so they search the internet.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 03:19 AM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

You know what? I never thought I would, either. But...people change...

And it's quite serious...

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 03:22 AM
lil bitchiness
-

So any plans of you coming to London!?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 03:29 AM
Peach
mordrem

We're working on it!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 03:30 AM
lil bitchiness
-

You'll love England. Believe me.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2004 03:31 AM