KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » V.f.d.

V.f.d.
Started by: Smodden

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

V.f.d.

I was walking to my car, at night. I opened the door got in and put the 2nd key on my key ring in the ignition and turned it in a clockwise motion like I always do, to start the car. But on this occasion, nothing happened. The lights flashed on and went off almost instantly, and if you had blinked you would have missed it. The car did not start. I tried again, but only heard a dull *click* *click*. It was then apparent to me that my car had become a victim of an enemy. I reached for my cell phone, but it wasn't there...Drat! they had thought of everything. I pulled out my commonplace notebook and quickly scanned it for useful information. But I couldn't see... I tried to think of a reason my enemies would be stalling me on this very night. It wasn't a birthday, no special meetings were taking place, and as far as I could tell, Beatrice was at home making salad with my brother, in the kitchen. And it was at this very moment I heard a cough form behind me.
"I say is that you?"
It was Mr. Poe, he had seen my suspicious behavior and come to help me. I couldn't afford to let anybody in right now...Not until I was sure of my surroundings.
"Hullo Mr. Poe, it's me..."
"What are you doing out at this hour?"
I could ask him the same thing. Mr. Poe has a wife and sister and two kids. Not to mention he's the Vice President of Financial Affairs at Mulctory Money Management. A most demanding job. I looked at him in his long black overcoat and signature top hat, hankie in hand.
"Beatrice needed a newspaper, my car wouldn't start, -your sister's very good at that column she writes."
"Yes, yes she is, I will tell her you said that..." At this point he begin to look for something in his pockets...and pulled out a set of keys.
I was so tired that I began saying things over and over again, that I began saying things over and over again, that I began saying things over and over again.
"What's that?"
Mr. Poe handed me the key and told me it would start the car. It did. and I thanked him.
"Thank you"
"Your welcome. *erhum?*" Mr. Poe coughed loudly again. "Mr. Snicket, the reason of my presence is to inform you of something. Mr. Snicket. It's Beatrice. She's dead. There was a fire involved."

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 06:15 PM
Smodden is currently offline Click here to Send Smodden a Private Message Find more posts by Smodden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fever red
Paola's doll

Oh, Lemony, I'll be your driver, then this won't happen again!
We have an enemy in common. Trust me...

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 06:20 PM
fever red is currently offline Click here to Send fever red a Private Message Find more posts by fever red Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

Ahhhh....I remember the 1st time I tried crack cocaine fondly.....

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 06:21 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moosey
Gone

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
Ahhhh....I remember the 1st time I tried crack cocaine fondly.....

I REALLY liked this work of fiction.

956,000: Moosey

Last edited by Moosey on Nov 22nd, 2004 at 06:28 PM

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 06:22 PM
Moosey is currently offline Click here to Send Moosey a Private Message Find more posts by Moosey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fever red
Paola's doll

This belongs in the fiction forum- It's quite nice- good job.
Never mind the minions of Orlock.
Trust me, I'll get you out of here...

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 06:25 PM
fever red is currently offline Click here to Send fever red a Private Message Find more posts by fever red Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

Ohhhh....it was a fictional story!!!!

Well that makes a lot of sense. Sorry for the ridicule.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 06:26 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fever red
Paola's doll

They have done for your beloved Beatrice- don't you see, I knew that they would come for you both. I could help only one of you. Trust me, you must come with me now!

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 06:28 PM
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

quote:
Originally posted by fever redOh, Lemony, I'll be your driver, then this won't happen again!
We have an enemy in common. Trust me...

I know. the enemy is among us...maybee even some of our own

quote:
Originally posted by linkalicious Ahhhh....I remember the 1st time I tried crack cocaine fondly.....

blink

quote:
Originally posted by fever redThis belongs in the fiction forum- It's quite nice- good job.
Never mind the minions of Orlock.
Trust me, I'll get you out of here... .

Fiction forum?...o yeah, didn't think of that...laughing out loud Ok, sory...
Thank you.big grin I owe it to lemony...for inspiration...stick out tongue

quote:
Originally posted by linkalicious
Ohhhh....it was a fictional story!!!!
Well that makes a lot of sense. Sorry for the ridicule.

Cool....VERY nice sig you have there...

quote:
Originally posted by fever red
They have done for your beloved Beatrice- don't you see, I knew that they would come for you both. I could help only one of you. Trust me, you must come with me now!

Beatrice!!!!sad
Fan of Lemony's?
Always a pleasure to meet another member of V.F.D.
but I don't have a tatoo...confused yet...shifty
what's your favorite book!
have you read Snicket's autobiography???eek!

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 09:13 PM
Smodden is currently offline Click here to Send Smodden a Private Message Find more posts by Smodden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fever red
Paola's doll

Haven't read the biography- I must put it on my list.
Funny how tattoos appear and disappear...

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 09:16 PM
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

quote:
Haven't read the biography- I must put it on my list.
Funny how tattoos appear and disappear...

^^It's good. Very interesting...

I know, I was so surprised when I saw jaques(Snicket's brother in Village of Fowl Devotees) with a tattoo...

Mr. Poe gets on my nerves!mad he never believes them!

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 09:54 PM
Imaginary
blinded

Hate Poe...

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 05:31 AM
Imaginary is currently offline Click here to Send Imaginary a Private Message Find more posts by Imaginary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fever red
Paola's doll

Poe is detestable, but you have to laugh- try hard to laugh at Poe in fantasy; you will meet him often in reality, in many guises, and it won't help your cause to, say, push him off a tall building.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 01:13 PM
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

no expression

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 01:23 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fever red
Paola's doll

I'm saying I would NOT push Poe off a tall building...sigh. That's it. I AM changing my name to "Miss Red."

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 01:43 PM
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

quote:
I'm saying I would NOT push Poe off a tall building...sigh. That's it. I AM changing my name to "Miss Red."

Mr. Poe is evil...EVIL I say...

Think about it...He ALWAYS gives the kids to bad guardians...

1. He gave them to count olaf himself...

2.Uncle monty...I think he was prety good, but I'm so sure mr. poe was in on something..

3. Aunt Josephine?? who lives on a cliff, and hasn't cooked anything for years because she's afraid of the stove?....

4.Employ's them at a lumber yard. ???

5.Sends them to a school, that seems like a good choice, except when you see the baudelairs circumstances...also I think V.Princeble Nero, has something to do with olaf...

6.Gives them to olaf's girlfriend in an appartment.no expression

7.He lets the kids choose where they will live...He gives them several choices of vilages...but secretly knows they WILL pick the vfd vilage...

8-now...The kids are on there own...away from poe...

I know Its all kind of guess-work, and me beeing suspicious...but Mr. Poe is SOO unhelpfull, it makes you wonder....

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 04:23 PM
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

quote:
Poe is detestable, but you have to laugh- try hard to laugh at Poe in fantasy; you will meet him often in reality, in many guises, and it won't help your cause to, say, push him off a tall building.

yes

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 04:26 PM
fever red
Paola's doll

Mmmm, you know, it's tempting to adopt that perspective- it makes Poe less of a villain, actually, if he has the intent to harm the children for his direct benefit. Don't you think its MORE unconscionable that he willfully white-washes their circumstances ONLY to avoid facing hard choices, taking difficult action? It's certainly a better, more accurate condemnation of that element, that way of living/thinking, in our society.
It's so over the top, it's hilarious. It really invites you to set aside the Poes and do for yourself. So, Poe is kind of a perfection.
Violet is my favorite.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 06:09 PM
Ax3l
Dream Finder

put down the straw and blow your line away, YOU'VE HAD TOO MUCH

One little spark...

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 06:31 PM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fever red
Paola's doll

Blow it away? In ten minutes, won't I need it again?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 06:32 PM