KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Has anybody been to Costa Rica?

Has anybody been to Costa Rica?
Started by: Darth Revan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Revan
-

Has anybody been to Costa Rica?

I'm going there over spring break, and I'm looking forward to it, but my mom is like... Really, really nervous about it. My teacher said we had to get malaria and typhoid vaccines and the doctor gave us all this stuff about how dangerous it is there... I seriously doubt it's actually as bad as they make it out to be. Anyways, has anybody been there who can tell me about there experience--how dangerous it actually is, what to look out for, etc.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 12:33 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

great place

i've read somewhere that they are only country that doesn't have a military of any sort.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 12:33 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I visited Costa Rica 7 years ago. I stay in San Jose for 3 days and I really like it. Everything is cheap to buy, merchants love to bargain, and the atmosphere is pretty peaceful. Make sure you carry plenty of Colones when you visit. My advise stay in the tourist areas don't venture into smaller cities, (I'm not saying anything negative) unless you have a guide with you then go for it!

Enjoy the beaches and have a good time smile

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 12:47 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

I've never been, but it looks beautiful.

I'm a signature!

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 12:47 AM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaleanae

Re: Has anybody been to Costa Rica?

quote:
Originally posted by Barf Heaven
I'm going there over spring break, and I'm looking forward to it, but my mom is like... Really, really nervous about it. My teacher said we had to get malaria and typhoid vaccines and the doctor gave us all this stuff about how dangerous it is there... I seriously doubt it's actually as bad as they make it out to be. Anyways, has anybody been there who can tell me about there experience--how dangerous it actually is, what to look out for, etc.
I lived in Central America for 14 years... I never got anything like that no expression

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 12:49 AM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Re: Re: Has anybody been to Costa Rica?

quote:
Originally posted by Kaleanae
I lived in Central America for 14 years... I never got anything like that no expression

I live in San Salvador for 5 years, and never got anything like that either big grin

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 12:55 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaleanae

Re: Re: Re: Has anybody been to Costa Rica?

quote:
Originally posted by WindDancer
I live in San Salvador for 5 years, and never got anything like that either big grin
I lived in there for 14 years eek!

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 12:56 AM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I just love San Salvador big grin

Unfortunally my family and I left in 1984 sad

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 12:58 AM
Kaleanae

why?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 01:00 AM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Political problems for my dad sad

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 01:02 AM
Kaleanae

Ooooh, I had to liv there during those times, I remeber a lot of things even though I was so small

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 01:04 AM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I know Kaleanae is not easy to remenber those hard times. sad

But everything looks positive nowadays! Hopefully everything will get back to normal one day. I'm keeping high hopes.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 01:05 AM
Kaleanae

quote:
Originally posted by WindDancer
I know Kaleanae is not easy to remenber those hard times. sad

But everything looks positive nowadays! Hopefully everything will get back to normal one day. I'm keeping high hopes.
yes

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 01:08 AM