KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Oh My God!!!!!! Millions Of People In The World Are Going To Die And Billions ill !!

Oh My God!!!!!! Millions Of People In The World Are Going To Die And Billions ill !!
Started by: The Ones

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ones
Death Eater

Oh My God!!!!!! Millions Of People In The World Are Going To Die And Billions ill !!

from aol news:

The World Health Organisation says a Bird Flu pandemic could lead to seven million deaths and make billions of people ill.

"I believe we are closer now to a pandemic than at any time in recent years,'' Shigeru Omi, WHO's Western Pacific regional director said yesterday at a regional meeting about the disease.

"The current outbreak (of avian influenza) in poultry is historically unprecedented in terms of geographical spread and impact,'' he said.

"This virus appears to be not only very resilient, but also extremely versatile.''

WHO's global influenza expert, Klaus Stohr, told delegates the H5N1 bird flu virus - which has killed 32 people in Thailand and Vietnam and millions of chickens across Asia this year - "is certainly the most likely one that will cause the next pandemic.''

Influenza pandemics historically occur every 20 to 30 years when the genetic makeup of a flu strain changes so dramatically that people have little or no immunity built up from previous flu bouts.

The Spanish Flu pandemic of 1918-19 killed between 20 and 40 million people.

Urgent plans needed

Health ministers from 13 Asian countries pledged at the meeting to cooperate more in efforts to ward off the possible pandemic and to prepare contingency plans to deal with it.

Omi told the meeting that the region must reduce bird flu's threat to humans by changing farming practices.

"This means a thorough overhaul of animal husbandry practices, and the way animals are raised for food in the region. I believe that anything less than that will only result in further threats to public health,'' he explained.

Chickens, ducks and other animals are often allowed to roam freely on small Southeast Asian farms, and often come into close contact with wild animals and with family members.

Some animal health experts have been promoting so-called ''closed-system farming,'' in which poultry are raised in a sealed environment where they face minimal exposure to outside infections. But the system is likely to be prohibitively expensive for many poor farmers.

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 02:34 PM
The Ones is currently offline Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

good read

by the way, **** AOL

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 04:14 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

you should have seen the time the walmart manager poisened the pigeons that have roosted in his parking lot for the last decade. there were birds falling from the sky and making dents in peoples cars.
then they told us not to touch the dead birds cause they had been infected with poisen. no expression

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 04:16 PM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Well I am going to go drink some oj and get the heck out of amearica!JM What a scary thought through.JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 04:16 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
Well I am going to go drink some oj and get the heck out of amearica!JM What a scary thought through.JM

no expression

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 04:17 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

no expression

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 04:18 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 04:56 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

laughing out loud!!

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 04:59 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy

pandemic

adj
1: epidemic over a wide geographical area; "a pandemic outbreak of malaria" 2: existing everywhere; "pandemic fear of nuclear war" n : an epidemic that is geographically widespread; occurring throughout a region or even throughout the world

no expression

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 05:02 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

no expression

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 05:15 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pinsleepe
Angelina Jolie Fetishist

quote:
Originally posted by furryman
(please log in to view the image)

You scare me. Oh yes, you do.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 05:18 PM
pinsleepe is currently offline Click here to Send pinsleepe a Private Message Find more posts by pinsleepe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

"you scare me. Oh yes, you do."

put a beat to that baby, its got rythm

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 05:20 PM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pinsleepe
Angelina Jolie Fetishist

messed

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 05:22 PM
pinsleepe is currently offline Click here to Send pinsleepe a Private Message Find more posts by pinsleepe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maybe 28 Days Later will actually happen!! eek!

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 05:25 PM
Mane is currently offline Click here to Send Mane a Private Message Find more posts by Mane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

lol..

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 05:51 PM
Kotarija
Lone Soul

hope its a quick death at least, if its not, bugger...., if it is, i'm fine with it stick out tongue

Flith, ChickenMeat, Roulette, Mystifier, Raven Guardia

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 06:08 PM
Kotarija is currently offline Click here to Send Kotarija a Private Message Find more posts by Kotarija Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

lol!

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 06:12 PM
drunk_nazgul
obscure

Go chickens!
Yes, I can see it now. One bird cleared out the entire human species. laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 06:31 PM
drunk_nazgul is currently offline Click here to Send drunk_nazgul a Private Message Find more posts by drunk_nazgul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

quote:
Originally posted by drunk_nazgul
Go chickens!
Yes, I can see it now. One bird cleared out the entire human species. laughing out loud

laughing laughing

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 06:50 PM
Darth Revan
-

Y'know what'd be funny, is if after all the fuss about meteors colliding with the earth and the sun burning out and us destroying ourselves in a period of nuclear fallout, humanity was wiped out by the chicken flu laughing out loud

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 06:54 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote