KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » strong vs tough

strong vs tough
Started by: Darth Revan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Revan
-

strong vs tough

This is a weird thread I know but I was just thinking about this... There's a big difference between being really strong and being resiliant or tough or whatever you want to call it. Like I'm not overly strong but I'm really resiliant like hot or cold temperatures don't bother me... And I can go literally anywhere with no shoes on cos my feet are literally like rawhide, same with my hands when I've been doing work recently

Like a guy who goes to the gym every day might be really strong, but on the other hand, if you handed him a horse and an axe and told him to go hike over the Rockies without carrying food or anything with him, he most likely wouldn't be able to do it

I do a lot of archery, kayaking, canoeing, outdoor type sports and like I've said before I look like a twig but I'm actually pretty tough not to brag or anything

So what do other people think? Is there a difference between "tough" and "strong"?

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 01:16 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

Of course there is, I prefer strong and tough than one or the other big grin

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 01:17 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

strong: physically fit, buff, you know the deal.

tough: resilient, as you said, good in a fight, yea.

i'd consider myself more tough than strong erm

I'm a signature!

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 01:17 AM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

awww is little speary tough happy
*pinches his cheeks* happystick out tongue

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 01:18 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

*sigh*...roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm a signature!

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 01:19 AM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

I luv you too laughing out loud
And now you have to endure the harassment after we saw those dimples evil face

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 01:20 AM
Spearhead
Prophet

sad ok smile

I'm a signature!

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 01:21 AM
KidRock

in a fight i can truly say just being strong helps more then being tough..at my gym i go to (new york sports club) i lift my weights to get strong and i take kickboxing there which i would say has made me tougher.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 01:26 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

I'm not talking about just fights... I'm actually talking about more survival type stuff... Like if you got dumped off in the middle of nowhere with maybe a knife or axe and a horse or small boat how well could you survive with no help...

Also, in a fight, if you can't take a few punches without doubling over, you're going to lose.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 01:33 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

I would survive, call 911 on my cell yes

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 01:34 AM
Darth Revan
-

So what I'm saying is that people can be "weak" even if they're really strong. Like mountain men for example, they never worked out in gyms or took kickboxing, and they could've beat a modern "tough guy" in a straight fight any day, especially if they could use weapons

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 01:35 AM
Spearhead
Prophet

You give me a pair of boxers and dental floss and I'll end up with a mafia of monkeys somehow smile

I'm a signature!

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 01:35 AM
Darth Revan
-

quote:
Originally posted by silver_tears
I would survive, call 911 on my cell yes

oh, then you're the tougest one here happy

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 01:36 AM
silver_tears

damn right baby cool
and if I broke a nail, all hell would break lose

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 01:48 AM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Re: strong vs tough

quote:
Originally posted by Barf Heaven
So what do other people think? Is there a difference between "tough" and "strong"?

If you have stealth, then you don't need strenght or toughnest. smile

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 01:48 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

That's part of it too

I really don't know the right word but what I'm talking about is the mountain man-y, indian-y mentality... Quick and wiry, as well as having a connection with the wilderness, and the ability to hold your own in a fight when you have to, but also knowing how to avoid a fight

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 01:53 AM
silver_tears

You mean rugged confused

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 01:54 AM
Darth Revan
-

sure why not...

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 01:58 AM
Spearhead
Prophet

tough and rugged or synonyms, aren't they? smart

I'm a signature!

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 02:01 AM
Mr. Bacon
Who?

im a little weakling just ask spear but i consider myself rather tough, i take pretty regular beatings

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 02:08 AM
Mr. Bacon is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Bacon a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Bacon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote