KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Name Change

Should I Change My Name?
This poll is closed.
No, keep your old name 2 50.00%
Change it to Neith 1 25.00%
Change it to something else 1 25.00%
Total: 4 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Name Change
Started by: Atropos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NTonks
Crash's Wife

Name Change

I'm getting tired of Hary Potter (but I'll probably be obsessed again when the next book comes out) so I was thinking about changing my name to Neith (the Egyption goddess of war.) So, should I change my name to Neith, stick with Tonks, or change my name to something else?

Neith is a goddess of Lower Egypt particularly associated with Sais but soon incorporated into the national pantheon with a sanctuary at Memphis. According to legend Neith emerged from the primeval water to create the world. She followed the course of the Nile to the sea, and when reaching the Delta she formed the city of Sais.

In the New Kingdom she was regarded as the "god's mother who bore Re," whereby she assumed the position of a primeval goddess who was neither male nor female. She was the first to "create the seed of gods and men." She is the mother of Egyptian rulers. Also she was a mortuary goddess who watched over Osiris' brier along with Isis, Nephthys and Serket. The deceased received her divine power by means of the mummy's wrappings, for the bandages and shrouds were considered gifts of Neith, who was regarded as the patroness of weaving. Possibly there was an earlier proposal that her symbol was the weaver's shuttle.

When depicted in human form she wears the red crown of Lower Egypt, and in ancient times her pre-anthropomorphic symbol was a shield bearing crosses because she also was a local war goddess. This goddess of war also blessed hunters' weapons. The practice of placing weapons around the coffin in ancient Egyptian times could be traced to the goddess' protective functions.

She was sometimes asked to give advice and judgment, as, for example, in the eight-year war of the gods between Seth and Horus, which she advised Re in favor of Horus. In other legends she was the consort of Seth and mother of the crocodile god Sobek, which explains the proximity of her cult center in the Delta.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 06:36 AM
NTonks is currently offline Click here to Send NTonks a Private Message Find more posts by NTonks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

personally in my opinion, I find that that NAme Suits you Well, Like, After seeing a picture of you, I would call you " Amanda", because that name would not suit you. You are known for that name is all I am saying. But then AgAIn, I know You better then that, which makes this a wast of typing becasue I am going to say that you can change it if you want, you are Adrienne, no sorry, The One and only Adrienne, Head Preistest and Founder of Adrienism, My Half Twin, and such and such stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 06:46 AM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

sorry but i couldn't be bothered to read most of your post tomks, but if you wanna change it, i say GO for it! but please, dont change it to nieth.........

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 06:53 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Roulette
Freak

i like ur name as it is Tonksyes...
but, its up to you.smile......

Madness, as you know, is like gravity...all it takes is a little push.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 07:06 AM
Roulette is currently offline Click here to Send Roulette a Private Message Find more posts by Roulette Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

quote:
Originally posted by Veralidaine
i like ur name as it is Tonksyes...
but, its up to you.smile......

yes

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 04:54 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SumWatTwisted
I'm Back!

Leave it smile

Made By Delicious1

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 04:56 PM
SumWatTwisted is currently offline Click here to Send SumWatTwisted a Private Message Find more posts by SumWatTwisted Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

Change it to "Im_Awesome" stick out tongue

I'm a signature!

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 04:59 PM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blade.5
Hard hitter

Go for it dude! I changed my name... I used to be crappy "agent killgit" but that sucked...

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 08:16 PM
Blade.5 is currently offline Click here to Send Blade.5 a Private Message Find more posts by Blade.5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sed
Popsicle canibal

Tonks is not that bad of a name.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 10:52 PM
Sed is currently offline Click here to Send Sed a Private Message Find more posts by Sed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote