KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Special Effects!

Special Effects!
Started by: ploop4444

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ploop4444
Restricted

Account Restricted

Special Effects!

Does Anyone Know any cheap homemade special effects that i could make, assuming i would want to make a movie?

Example; explosions, anyhting for fight scenes, disappearing and re-appearing, you know, anyhting that i could do on a normal household camcorder....

Cheers,

Justin

Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' Matthew 22:37

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 06:38 PM
ploop4444 is currently offline Click here to Send ploop4444 a Private Message Find more posts by ploop4444 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Get a semi-thick liquid and some red and blue food coloring.

Test different degrees of the colors to come up with the perfect blood color.

More red than blue.

And fill up some plastic baggies with the stuff, make sure they don't leak. Then hide them in the costumes, all you need to do now is be able to use a small charge (pyrotechnics) that's also hidden in the costume to make a "gunshot wound" to the clothing, and at the same time pop the bag of "blood". Make sure the actors have sufficent padding between their bodies and the costume so to avoid injury.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 07:24 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

And to make a flamethrower, spray deoderant into an empty Coke Bottle (2 or 3 litre) light the top, and squeeze it... flames will shoot out really far... dont have any body parts in the way.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 07:26 PM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

How To Make Fake Glass or Sugar Glass (simply called caramel wink )

Materials :

• old saucepan
  • oven
  • baking thermometer
  • 2 measures of water
  • 1 measure of golden syrup
  • 3 1/2 measures of sugar

Steps :

• Mix the water, golden syrup and sugar together in the saucepan and bring it to a boil on the oven.
  • Leave it boiling until the mixture is thick, with almost all the water boiled off.
  • Pour it into whatever mould you're using and let it cool.

Notes :

• Keep it out of moist areas and direct sun.
  • Sugar glass doesn't last long (warps or goes sticky) so make it close to the time when you plan to use it.
  • Though only sugar, the glass can have sharp edges/points when broken, so be careful when handling.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 05:51 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ploop4444
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanks Everybody!!!! Anybody Else Have Any ideas?

Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' Matthew 22:37

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 05:51 PM
ploop4444 is currently offline Click here to Send ploop4444 a Private Message Find more posts by ploop4444 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 05:54 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ploop4444
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is GREAT!!! thatnks everybody for all of your help! Well, if anyone else has any ideas, I would be soooo incredibly thankful

Cheers,

Justin

Old Post Jan 6th, 2005 05:25 PM