KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Kids Today

Kids Today
Started by: mouth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mouth
child of the sixties

Miffed Kids Today

This generation of kids are screwed up.. they're tottally missing out on childhood now that all these new technologies are comming out.. my sister, who's 9, is overweight because of the computer and TV and her Xbox, she rarely gets outside to play..
man i remember when i was her age i was ALWAYS outside playing with the neightbourhood kids, having waterfights, riding our bikes, swimmin in the ol' swimmin hole, building treehouses till it got dark and our parents called us in.. my older sister, my brother and I grew up with one black & white TV and we were aloud to watch only our favorite program a day, never aloud to watch hours apon hours like kids do today..

kids today have terrible attitudes, not all, but most.. i always see little boys at least 7-10 walking the streets without any parents, doing whatever they please.. and the mouths on them!! they're easily influenced at that age and most of it comes from TV / radio.

parents are not educating thier kids like they should, they never have enough time to spend, or they just don't care, so they place them infront of the TV all day.. (i had to babysit 2 kids the other day and i almost cried when they said they never heard who The Beatles were, or who Bob Marley was, and what was Woodstock!!)

when i have kids, i'm going to educate them about our past, our roots.. raise them up listening to hendrix, zeppelin, the beatles, beachboys, marley etc.. have just one TV, and only allow them to watch thier favorite shows, then they're outside!!

media/technology is part of what's creating our demise as humans, instead of making things better ( BUT, there are some benefits).. things were so much more simpler, yet healthier 30, 40 years ago, why couldn't we have stopped then?

QUEEN OF ROADTRIPS

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 01:54 AM
mouth is currently offline Click here to Send mouth a Private Message Find more posts by mouth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

how old are you ?messed

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 02:02 AM
Sweet Sacrifice is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Sacrifice a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Sacrifice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

I remember the good old water fights happy but i never knew half the stuff you did apparently no expression how old are ya? laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 02:04 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

I agree about the music part mouth....Kids these days listen to trash. what ever happened to the good music ya know? it left with the late 80's early 90's I guess

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 02:06 AM
Sweet Sacrifice is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Sacrifice a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Sacrifice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prod
Portman lover

hey...I like nowdays music...it isgood...

Greenday and Linkin Park and blink182...

I wasnt born in US...so I didnt even used to watch ANY tv until i moved to US when I was 9...now i'm 16...

http://rapidshare.de/files/2178551/e3-sample.avi.html

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 02:08 AM
Prod is currently offline Click here to Send Prod a Private Message Find more posts by Prod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mouth
child of the sixties

i'm 19,
20 in may
my parents were/are hippies.. they taught me & my brother and sister everything about the 60's, raised us that way

QUEEN OF ROADTRIPS

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 02:12 AM
mouth is currently offline Click here to Send mouth a Private Message Find more posts by mouth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

quote: (post)
Originally posted by prod_
hey...I like nowdays music...it isgood...

Greenday and Linkin Park and blink182...

I wasnt born in US...so I didnt even used to watch ANY tv until i moved to US when I was 9...now i'm 16...

I didnt say all music was bad....But look Nysnc...Back Street boys, Britney spears, Jessica Simpson....all that pop bubble gum crap messed they suck.

mouth > My dad was a hippie too, so I know some things but not a whole lot sad

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 02:21 AM
Prod
Portman lover

Originally posted by Raven Guardia
I didnt say all music was bad....But look Nysnc...Back Street boys, Britney spears, Jessica Simpson....all that pop bubble gum crap messed they suck.

I agree...NSYNC...and all the others u mentioned...I dont listen to that... wink

http://rapidshare.de/files/2178551/e3-sample.avi.html

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 02:22 AM
Prod is currently offline Click here to Send Prod a Private Message Find more posts by Prod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Sacrifice
=^_^=

Originally posted by prod_
I agree...NSYNC...and all the others u mentioned...I dont listen to that... wink

happy laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 02:28 AM
Outcesticide

Originally posted by Raven Guardia

lol. Nysnc or Nstinks

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 02:48 AM
Outcesticide is currently offline Click here to Send Outcesticide a Private Message Find more posts by Outcesticide Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

heh, i remember back in england, i got bottled and beaten by some kids in a park, they must have been 14/15, but when theres 10 of them you cant really do much.

i remmeber when i was 14/15, i wouldnt even dare start on someone, not that id want to. now they do it all the time, like god damnit.

I think its increased my paranoia, damn them medling kids!

http://www.myspace.com/chickinmeat

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 04:19 AM
ChickinMeat is currently offline Click here to Send ChickinMeat a Private Message Find more posts by ChickinMeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

Because adults are soooooooooooo perfect roll eyes (sarcastic)

My oldest brother's 23 going on 12.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 04:43 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pandemoniac
Disco Infernal

Hell yeah! Todays parental behaviour and the way they set up entertainment technology as a replacement of them self and their responsibilities is leading the new generations straight to mischief.

I totally agree with Mouth, when I was a kid I was outside all day long doing just that sort of stuff. We never really bothered anyone, never irritated on purpose, weren't bothered with overweight cause we bicycle-raced off every fries we ate. It didn't even come to our minds to fuk shit up, we had to much cool games to do.
Making up your own games and entertainment stimulates creativity, develops your physical motoristics and makes you a more social person.
Kids nowadays are being contained at home to be enslaved by playstations and crappy cartoons, and when they do get out of the house they cause as much mischief as possible just because mommy and daddy never made it clear how much cooler it can be to just get along and have fun with other people....
They estrange form the real world, which leads to an even greater shock and more inappropriate behaviour when they finally can't get around that real world...

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 06:37 AM
Pandemoniac is currently offline Click here to Send Pandemoniac a Private Message Find more posts by Pandemoniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

i hate kids! mad

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 07:28 AM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thundercracker
takin a piss

ha hes sayin tv is a negitive influence and his sigs homer simpson

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 08:35 AM
thundercracker is currently offline Click here to Send thundercracker a Private Message Find more posts by thundercracker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imaginary
blinded

Quit making assumpstions about peoples genders, mouth is female roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 08:41 AM
Imaginary is currently offline Click here to Send Imaginary a Private Message Find more posts by Imaginary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

Originally posted by Korri
i hate kids! mad
Even my little angels?

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 08:46 AM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

i have too many of them

i should totally give this job up, and i would if i didnt like it so much

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 08:47 AM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thundercracker
takin a piss

Originally posted by Imaginary
Quit making assumpstions about peoples genders, mouth is female roll eyes (sarcastic)

ok then SHE is critisistin tv an SHE has homer on HER sig ... better?

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 09:22 AM
thundercracker is currently offline Click here to Send thundercracker a Private Message Find more posts by thundercracker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

Originally posted by mouth
This generation of kids are screwed up.. they're tottally missing out on childhood now that all these new technologies are comming out.. my sister, who's 9, is overweight because of the computer and TV and her Xbox, she rarely gets outside to play..
man i remember when i was her age i was ALWAYS outside playing with the neightbourhood kids, having waterfights, riding our bikes, swimmin in the ol' swimmin hole, building treehouses till it got dark and our parents called us in.. my older sister, my brother and I grew up with one black & white TV and we were aloud to watch only our favorite program a day, never aloud to watch hours apon hours like kids do today..

kids today have terrible attitudes, not all, but most.. i always see little boys at least 7-10 walking the streets without any parents, doing whatever they please.. and the mouths on them!! they're easily influenced at that age and most of it comes from TV / radio.

parents are not educating thier kids like they should, they never have enough time to spend, or they just don't care, so they place them infront of the TV all day.. (i had to babysit 2 kids the other day and i almost cried when they said they never heard who The Beatles were, or who Bob Marley was, and what was Woodstock!!)

when i have kids, i'm going to educate them about our past, our roots.. raise them up listening to hendrix, zeppelin, the beatles, beachboys, marley etc.. have just one TV, and only allow them to watch thier favorite shows, then they're outside!!

media/technology is part of what's creating our demise as humans, instead of making things better ( BUT, there are some benefits).. things were so much more simpler, yet healthier 30, 40 years ago, why couldn't we have stopped then?

confused I hate ppl that say stuff like this erm

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 09:57 AM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote