KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Unengrave iPod vs. Engraved iPod

Would you send it back to get an Engraved one?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, I'd send it back 3 21.43%
No, I'd just keep the one that I already ordered. 4 28.57%
I wouldn't send it back, but I would prefer an Engraved one. 1 7.14%
You're getting an iPod and you're worried about little engravings on the back that you'll probably hardly ever look at. You're getting it for the music, not engravings. 'Nuf Said. 6 42.86%
Total: 14 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Unengrave iPod vs. Engraved iPod
Started by: InnerRise

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Unengrave iPod vs. Engraved iPod

So I recently just ordered a Video iPod 80GB.

I also just found out that if I had actually ordered it from Apple, I could have gotten something engraved on it.

Although as far as I know, my iPod that I ordered hasn't come in the mail yet, should I send it back when I do get it and then order another from iPod to have something engraved on it?

What would you do?

Thanks.

Please really try and give some helpful responses b/c I'm very anal about things like this and this is worrying me like you can't imagine. I'm stressing and beating myself up. Extreme? I know, but I can't help me.

Is It Comrprehensible.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:01 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

What the **** is the point of an engraved iPod?

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:05 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by silver_tears
What the **** is the point of an engraved iPod?
Well to some people it adds sentimental value to it and uniqueness.

Especially if someone's getting it as a gift to somebody else.

Same as an engraved watch or ring or other piece of jewelery.

is it comprehensible.....

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:10 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

But in 2 years when you upgrade to the Super Extreme 4200GB High Definition Multimedia Centre version, it will end up being a waste of money.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:13 PM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

Originally posted by Mišt
But in 2 years when you upgrade to the Super Extreme 4200GB High Definition Multimedia Centre version, it will end up being a waste of money.

One little spark...

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:25 PM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I wouldn't bother with the engraving. Because who's really going to look at it or care?

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:32 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mišt
Doesn't cost extra though.
Originally posted by Lana
I wouldn't bother with the engraving. Because who's really going to look at it or care?
That's what I wanted to hear. I feel much better about my purhcase now. Do you have an iPod, and if you don't, if you do plan on getting one, will you get the engraving?

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:45 PM
Peach
mordrem

I have one, have had it over two years, and don't have any engraving on it nor do I want any. It's silly.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:46 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nyeggers

get it ingraved i have found 2 ipods at my school a 2GB black nano and a 30GB black video and i kept both because no ones name was in it or on it so no one could claim them.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 04:39 PM
Nyeggers is currently offline Click here to Send Nyeggers a Private Message Find more posts by Nyeggers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Legendary Thor
Dark and Vengefull

Re: Unengrave iPod vs. Engraved iPod

Originally posted by InnerRise
So I recently just ordered a Video iPod 80GB.

I also just found out that if I had actually ordered it from Apple, I could have gotten something engraved on it.

Although as far as I know, my iPod that I ordered hasn't come in the mail yet, should I send it back when I do get it and then order another from iPod to have something engraved on it?

What would you do?

Thanks.

Please really try and give some helpful responses b/c I'm very anal about things like this and this is worrying me like you can't imagine. I'm stressing and beating myself up. Extreme? I know, but I can't help me.

Is It Comrprehensible.....

Ok so my oppinon is this.But First What Do want more The Ipod or the Engravement?i woud choose Ipod couz that what i woud realy want.I can live without engravement so you can listen to my advice or ignore it.Do what you must

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 04:43 PM
Legendary Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Legendary Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Legendary Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by The Rev
get it ingraved i have found 2 ipods at my school a 2GB black nano and a 30GB black video and i kept both because no ones name was in it or on it so no one could claim them.
Well I wasn't getting my name engraved on it anyway. erm

More like "Is It Comprehensible....." wink

Originally posted by Jack of Blades
Ok so my oppinon is this.But First What Do want more The Ipod or the Engravement?i woud choose Ipod couz that what i woud realy want.I can live without engravement so you can listen to my advice or ignore it.Do what you must

You say it as if I can only have one. I would still have an iPod if I got it engraved.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 08:09 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

did you get the current one from eBay or something?

If you did, it'll be cheaper to keep the unengraved one

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 08:11 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scottie
poiuytrewq

iPods suck...sent it back and buy a good mp3 player

~ This person is my favourite person on KMC ~

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 08:14 PM
Scottie is currently offline Click here to Send Scottie a Private Message Find more posts by Scottie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Strangelove
did you get the current one from eBay or something?

If you did, it'll be cheaper to keep the unengraved one
I got it from LEGEND through AMAZON.

I'm about to take the 2hr drive back hom from college just to get it b/c I got a call today saying that it had arrived.

So i'm keeping it.

But since engraving doesn't cost anything extra, it wouldn't cost me extra.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 08:21 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Why the hell would you want your iPod to be engraved? blink

You'd probably just feel stupid showing it to your friends...

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 08:36 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Getting iPod's engraved is a waste of money.... Yes... I'm aware it's free.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 08:39 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ladyluck

I have an iPod video eek!

I think getting it engraved is a little pointless. Unless it was like, a gift to someone or something.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 08:40 PM
Ladyluck is currently offline Click here to Send Ladyluck a Private Message Find more posts by Ladyluck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

Originally posted by InnerRise
Doesn't cost extra though. That's what I wanted to hear. I feel much better about my purhcase now. Do you have an iPod, and if you don't, if you do plan on getting one, will you get the engraving?

I have a mini *exclusive *
I wouldn't even consider for a second getting it engraved, I throw it around, drop it all the time, almost lost it twice, I'm sorry but it's just another piece of electronic to me.

I can see the value if it's a gift from someone, and say for your like 18 birthday and you get something like the date and occasion on it, sure, but one you buy yourself, I say screw engraving.

If anything it devalues the ipod.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 08:41 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by §P0oONY
Getting iPod's engraved is a waste of money.... Yes... I'm aware it's free.
Why would it be a waste of money then.

Well the post office was closed yesterday and so I didn't get to get it. So I took that 2hr drive and skipped a class for nothing. I ended up staying over night and missed my 8am class, and I got back in time this morning for my 11am class.

I finally got it this morning though when the post office open. I was sitting and waiting there ready for them to lift up the metal door.

I haven't opened it yet though. What am I waiting for?

I just got back from class, but still, I'm back and I still haven't opened the package. I'm afraid it's going to be all scratched and in bad condition b/c of the man handling.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 05:12 PM
§P0oONY

Waste of money because you can't even sell it when you upgrade or whatever.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 05:13 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote