KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » *Cries* I know nothing of cell phone plans...

*Cries* I know nothing of cell phone plans...
Started by: Kelly_LS

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

Miffed *Cries* I know nothing of cell phone plans...

I have a good friend down in Florida that I'd like to talk to but I don't know if It'd cost anything to use my Dad's cell phone. I have NO clue what cell phone plan he uses and I don't know if I want to risk it because I don't want to see Dad's reaction when he gets that bill and It's jacked up majorly, he'll look straight at me. He doesn't even know I have this friend down in Florida so that'd make it worse. sad I really want to talk to him though.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 06:38 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

All cell phones are crazy long distance wise, mine's like 50 cents a minute and I talk long erm Unless it's covered by your plan.
I use my house phone to call long distance, we have a plan.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 07:40 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
House of Jade

I phoned Ken the other day and it was horrible to find that the amount of credit I had lasted such a short time. Whereas if I had called one of my mates I could have talked for ages!

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 07:42 PM
House of Jade is currently offline Click here to Send House of Jade a Private Message Find more posts by House of Jade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

Precisely, the best way I find if I'm not home is to get a phone card and use a payphone.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 07:43 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Noxi
Aqualibrium

no expression

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 07:43 PM
Noxi is currently offline Click here to Send Noxi a Private Message Find more posts by Noxi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ronny
Love is Blindness

I have no idea... I may be getting a cell phone.. but i dont know what plan is the best. I'm guessing Verizon Wireless

"After coming into contact with a religious man
I always feel I must wash my hands."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 07:44 PM
Ronny is currently offline Click here to Send Ronny a Private Message Find more posts by Ronny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

quote: (post)
Originally posted by silver_tears
All cell phones are crazy long distance wise, mine's like 50 cents a minute and I talk long erm Unless it's covered by your plan.

Yeah, you're lucky. See that's the thing though, I know nothing about my plan...
Originally posted by Devalion
I phoned Ken the other day and it was horrible to find that the amount of credit I had lasted such a short time. Whereas if I had called one of my mates I could have talked for ages!

It's so ridiculous the amount someone has to pay for such a short amount of time.
Precisely, the best way I find if I'm not home is to get a phone card and use a payphone.

I should use a pay phone, great idea.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 07:45 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Itzak
The other extreme

*Is the first male to post here*

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 07:45 PM
Itzak is currently offline Click here to Send Itzak a Private Message Find more posts by Itzak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Man, really?

I can call anywhere in the US and Canada on my cell and it uses the same amount of minutes as it would for me to call my friend down the street.

I'm trying to get my mom to put international calls on my plan...$4 a month and 3 cents a minute = waaaaaay better than $1.50 a minute.

Either ask your dad or go buy a phone card. I've discovered that calls made with a card don't come up on the bill if you use your home phone (landline, not cell).

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 07:46 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~KoK!~
Sock Hunter

I think I'll go call Dusty. Long-distance has no extra charge for me.

W:5|L:2|T:0|

Nothing is true...everything is permitted.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 07:51 PM
~KoK!~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~KoK!~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~KoK!~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Originally posted by Lana
Man, really?

I can call anywhere in the US and Canada on my cell and it uses the same amount of minutes as it would for me to call my friend down the street.

I'm trying to get my mom to put international calls on my plan...$4 a month and 3 cents a minute = waaaaaay better than $1.50 a minute.

Either ask your dad or go buy a phone card. I've discovered that calls made with a card don't come up on the bill if you use your home phone (landline, not cell).

Oh lord, but he'd know when he saw that "Total" sign because nobody uses the phone because I'm always on the internet, lol. He'd automatically look at me and say "Why the f*** is the bill so high?"

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 07:51 PM
§P0oONY

I've been dreaming
Of the things I've learnt
About a boy who's bleeding
celebrate to elevate
The joy is not the same without the pain
Oooh

Ipso facto
Using up your oxygen
You know I'm shallow
Calling out for extra help
You've got to let me in
Or let me out

Oooh something to talk about
Oooh Oooh Oooh

I've been dreaming
Of the things I learnt
About a boy who's leaving
Nothing else to chance again
You've got to let me in
Or let me out
Yeah something to talk about
Oooh Oooh Oooh

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 07:52 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

Man, really?

Exactly, the landline idea is the best with a phone card, it's used like cell credit this way and doesn't show up.

And I may be exaggerating about the 50 cents, but it is long distance me thinks, it doesn't cost minutes off my plan though, whole other charge on top of my monthly.

Like even texts are 5 cents more expensive internationally than just in Canada.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 07:53 PM
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Kelly_LS
Oh lord, but he'd know when he saw that "Total" sign because nobody uses the phone because I'm always on the internet, lol. He'd automatically look at me and say "Why the f*** is the bill so high?"

You didn't read what I said about phone cards, did you.

Buy a phone card...they cost like $10. Use that to make your call. The call uses up the time on the card, thus it's not charged to your phone bill, it won't come up, and the total won't be any different then it normally is. You paid for the calls already when you bought the card.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 07:54 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

Yea, and some cards have awesome deals, like half a cent a minute blink

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 07:56 PM
Kelly_Bean

You didn't read what I said about phone cards, did you.

Buy a phone card...they cost like $10. Use that to make your call. The call uses up the time on the card, thus it's not charged to your phone bill, it won't come up, and the total won't be any different then it normally is. You paid for the calls already when you bought the card.

I don't have any money. I mean wouldn't the actual phone card cost more than the phone call itself, from Florida??

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 07:57 PM
Peach
mordrem

If you can get ones that are for a monetary value, as opposed to a number of minutes, it's much better.

I bought a $10 card a while back (cost the same as a 100 minute one), and it was good for about 4 and a half hours of talk-time...to England.

I don't have any money. I mean wouldn't the actual phone card cost more than the phone call itself, from Florida??

$10 is not a lot.

And you can use the cards more than once.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 07:57 PM
Kelly_Bean

Four and a half hours? Damn! I have to scrounge up $10.00.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 08:01 PM
Peach
mordrem

Four and a half hours? Damn! I have to scrounge up $10.00.

Well, it depends on the type of card you get. They sell ones that are good for a certain number of minutes, and then ones where it costs a few cents per minute (depending on where you call) and is good for a certain amount of money. The one I had was like 75 cents to connect and then was 2 or 3 cents a minute, and this was using it to call England.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 08:04 PM
§P0oONY

Well, it depends on the type of card you get. They sell ones that are good for a certain number of minutes, and then ones where it costs a few cents per minute (depending on where you call) and is good for a certain amount of money. The one I had was like 75 cents to connect and then was 2 or 3 cents a minute, and this was using it to call England.

England

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 08:05 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote