KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Can someone explain this? :p

Can someone explain this? :p
Started by: soin2cal

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
drewforever

Can someone explain this? :p

All day i have had the term 'down to earth' in my head, but really cannot explain what it actually means. Do any of you know exactly how to explain it? I think i am, i cannot explain how i am but my passions in life and everything have reasons for them, i am depthly into the conversation with them and i dont knowlaughing out loud i just think i am down to earth for my way of thinking of things, though just cant explain it mad LOL!

sorry if this seems pathetic but some of you may be easily better at explaining than me over the computerlaughing out loud

Name one example of what a person would say too if they were down to earth? And if you are down to earth, how?
I always thought down to earth people are interesting with their way of speech and mind.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 11:11 PM
drewforever is currently offline Click here to Send drewforever a Private Message Find more posts by drewforever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Down to earth means get the hell out of my forum and don't come back until the Jacope sings.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 11:12 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
drewforever

Really? eek!

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 11:13 PM
drewforever is currently offline Click here to Send drewforever a Private Message Find more posts by drewforever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krillinite

lol..it means youre real..ur not fake...ur DOWN to Earth

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 11:13 PM
krillinite is currently offline Click here to Send krillinite a Private Message Find more posts by krillinite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by soin2cal
Really? eek!

Yeah. Bloigen coined it.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 11:14 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
drewforever

You are getting me there with it morebig grin However when you say that, give me an example of the fake word to the REAL down to earth word in a term of speech.? Like if someone who was down to earth was compared with someone that isnt, what would be any different in the term of their speeches? As an example nowstick out tongue
so as an example then, a down to earth person would know about all the risks you take/possibilities etc in life, not just sit back epecting things to happen that way, but be in the real world?

Last edited by drewforever on Jan 26th, 2007 at 11:20 PM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 11:17 PM
krillinite

confused

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 11:18 PM
krillinite is currently offline Click here to Send krillinite a Private Message Find more posts by krillinite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 11:20 PM
drewforever

Oh thanksbig grin I will see if i can understand thislaughing out loud
sometimes i have to be explained to, not just given words as it never adds up to melaughing out loudI am sensible/realistic as i dont just sit in a dream worldlaughing out loud so i probably am down to earth because i know what the world is like in reality, plus i do often live in the real worldbig grin

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 11:21 PM
Barker

Smilie whore.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 11:21 PM
MightyEInherjar
Two Ravens Above Us

"Down to Earth" is just the opposite of having your "Head in the Clouds."

In other words, down to earth=real, on stable minded, not much of a day dreamer, while head in the clouds=imaginative, an 'airy' person, oblivious to the things around them (which are on the ground, or the 'earth')

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 11:23 PM
MightyEInherjar is currently offline Click here to Send MightyEInherjar a Private Message Find more posts by MightyEInherjar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bloigen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Barker
Yeah. Bloigen coined it.

Awesome.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: You were adopted.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 11:28 PM
Bloigen is currently offline Click here to Send Bloigen a Private Message Find more posts by Bloigen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
drewforever

I do have my head in the clouds sometimes, so im not always down to earth. However i grew out of being in a fake world, then bagan living in the real world, not relaxinglaughing out loud i know people that daydream but also are down to earth in how they think/talk etc, so you can be in the clouds one minute then another minute not bestick out tongue
oh this is ever so confusing LOL!
I believe that every person can be part down to earth, then another oposite thing another minute.
That make sense though, its like the opposite, when your daydreamy you are not down to earthstick out tongue

Last edited by drewforever on Jan 26th, 2007 at 11:30 PM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 11:28 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Re: Can someone explain this? :p

No

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 11:29 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
drewforever

whatstick out tongue?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 11:46 PM
Röland
Masked Vigilante

I really don't understand the point of this thread at all.

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 12:07 AM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eclipso
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Can someone explain this? :p

Originally posted by Strangelove
No

Eclipso's Sigs My Script Sig Duels W:2 L:0

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 12:11 AM
Eclipso is currently offline Click here to Send Eclipso a Private Message Find more posts by Eclipso Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlkMrkt

Originally posted by Barker
Down to earth means get the hell out of my forum and don't come back until the Jacope sings.

teh k0ngu plec lolz
[/coluorzz]

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 09:37 AM
BlkMrkt is currently offline Click here to Send BlkMrkt a Private Message Find more posts by BlkMrkt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by soin2cal
All day i have had the term 'down to earth' in my head, but really cannot explain what it actually means. Do any of you know exactly how to explain it? I think i am, i cannot explain how i am but my passions in life and everything have reasons for them, i am depthly into the conversation with them and i dont knowlaughing out loud i just think i am down to earth for my way of thinking of things, though just cant explain it mad LOL!

sorry if this seems pathetic but some of you may be easily better at explaining than me over the computerlaughing out loud

Name one example of what a person would say too if they were down to earth? And if you are down to earth, how?
I always thought down to earth people are interesting with their way of speech and mind.
Down to Earth, it either means normal or modern.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 10:51 AM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sorgo X
Restricted

Account Restricted

SAUCE goes with PASTA, FFS!

YOU ARE NOT PREPARED

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 11:33 AM
Sorgo X is currently offline Click here to Send Sorgo X a Private Message Find more posts by Sorgo X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote