KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Are contact lenses really that bad?

Are contact lenses really that bad?
Started by: Yuna_And_Tidus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

Are contact lenses really that bad?

A lot of people I have spoken to about contacts say they're a big hassle and suck really bad. Are they really that bad? I have an appointment made for Tuesday the 27th to get some. How long, appx., does it take for the contacts to be made in my prescription and come in, if anyone knows?

Old Post Feb 15th, 2007 09:29 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

Re: Are contact lenses really that bad?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Yuna_And_Tidus
A lot of people I have spoken to about contacts say they're a big hassle and suck really bad. Are they really that bad? I have an appointment made for Tuesday the 27th to get some. How long, appx., does it take for the contacts to be made in my prescription and come in, if anyone knows?

It depends on what kind of contacts you get to decide if they are a hassle. The kind I have, I leave in for a month and at the end of the month I take them out and put a new pair in. If you get the type that requires you to put them in solution everynight then, yeah I guess it can suck but it's no big deal once you get the hang of putting them in, since it will take you about 2 seconds for each eye.

They sort of suck the first 2 weeks you have them because you aren't used to having the lense on your eye, but if you hate wearing glasses they are a relief to have. For mine it took about a week for the order to come in. Then for refills of the order it takes about 2 - 3 days.

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2007 09:42 PM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Normally the contacts are already made with a bunch of different corrections made.

So you could buy a box of disposable contacts and be done with your exam in an hour?

I LOVE contacts when I play sports or workout other then that I don't care if I wear my glass's or contacts.

Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
johnnyforever
[.Member.]

Never wore them

[madebyScottie][/madebyScottie]

johnnyforever is currently offline Click here to Send johnnyforever a Private Message Find more posts by johnnyforever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I wear glasses, because I like the convenience of just taking them off at night and putting them on in the morning. Plus I look cool with them on.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2007 10:09 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Contacts are awesome and no problem at all.

Wear them ALL the time.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2007 10:14 PM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Originally posted by Röland
It depends on what kind of contacts you get to decide if they are a hassle. The kind I have, I leave in for a month and at the end of the month I take them out and put a new pair in. If you get the type that requires you to put them in solution everynight then, yeah I guess it can suck but it's no big deal once you get the hang of putting them in, since it will take you about 2 seconds for each eye.

They sort of suck the first 2 weeks you have them because you aren't used to having the lense on your eye, but if you hate wearing glasses they are a relief to have. For mine it took about a week for the order to come in. Then for refills of the order it takes about 2 - 3 days.

What's the name of your monthly contacts, if I can ask?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Soleran
Normally the contacts are already made with a bunch of different corrections made.

So you could buy a box of disposable contacts and be done with your exam in an hour?

I LOVE contacts when I play sports or workout other then that I don't care if I wear my glass's or contacts.

Yeah but don'tcha have to have them made for your "specific" prescription? I have the worst eyesight ever. laughing out loud

Originally posted by Strangelove
I wear glasses, because I like the convenience of just taking them off at night and putting them on in the morning. Plus I look cool with them on.

I honestly think I look way better without mine on, and I've had that opinion from others too so I'd like to try contacts.

Originally posted by Vinny Valentine

Wear them ALL the time.

thumb up Good to hear.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2007 10:28 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parttime Ninja

I tried wearing them, but it was really too much of a hassle, for me. I prefer glasses.

It took me a looong time to get me in. About 9 days. But usually it takes a day or two.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2007 10:29 PM
Parttime Ninja is currently offline Click here to Send Parttime Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Parttime Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Originally posted by Dj88
I tried wearing them, but it was really too much of a hassle, for me. I prefer glasses.

It took me a looong time to get me in. About 9 days. But usually it takes a day or two.

Well I hope it isn't a hassle for me.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2007 10:31 PM
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Only people who don't know how to properly put them in have a problem with them.

But if you do it right, it takes no time at all.

For me its about 12 Seconds per eye.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2007 10:37 PM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Yeah but don'tcha have to have them made for your "specific" prescription? I have the worst eyesight ever. laughing out loud

There are so many made for Over the counter now I would suspect you wouldn't have to wait.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2007 10:45 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

What's the name of your monthly contacts, if I can ask?

Thanks!

They have Rx in the name, I havn't really looked at the box.

No problem.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2007 10:46 PM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parttime Ninja

Well I hope it isn't a hassle for me.

Yeah, I mean my mom has worn them since she was about 16 and hasn't had any trouble. But I have a habit of rubbing my eyes. So I'd always pop them out.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2007 10:50 PM
Parttime Ninja is currently offline Click here to Send Parttime Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Parttime Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Only people who don't know how to properly put them in have a problem with them.

But if you do it right, it takes no time at all.

For me its about 12 Seconds per eye.

I've heard that somewhere before.
But yeah, the optometrist(sp?) will show me how to put them in. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.
Originally posted by Soleran
There are so many made for Over the counter now I would suspect you wouldn't have to wait.

Eh, I dunno. We'll just have to see. I was just wanting a guesstimate anyway. smile
They have Rx in the name, I havn't really looked at the box.

No problem.

Oh RLY? eek! Most prescription products ARE RX, you doofus. stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 15th, 2007 10:51 PM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

It really depends on what you intend to use them for. If you have sensitive eyes and plan on wearing them, it may cause discomfort and be a hassle. If you plan on raising them as children, it'd be very easy since they don't eat much and won't have to go to college.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2007 10:53 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Wear them ALL the time.
Huh. Never would have guess that you needed glasses

Old Post Feb 15th, 2007 10:55 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
It really depends on what you intend to use them for. If you have sensitive eyes and plan on wearing them, it may cause discomfort and be a hassle. If you plan on raising them as children, it'd be very easy since they don't eat much and won't have to go to college.

confused Using them for my very very bad eyesight. I don't know how to rate my eyesight because I'm not an optometrist but it's below bad, lol.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2007 10:55 PM
Röland
Masked Vigilante

Oh RLY? eek! Most prescription products ARE RX, you doofus. stick out tongue

You shouldn't have expected the best answer from me. stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 15th, 2007 11:07 PM
Marxman
Resident Communist

I got my contacts the same day as my eye exam. And I have pretty bad eye sight plus an astigmatism. You're supposed to take them off every night then replace them every morning and that's why some people find them a hassle. I leave them in most nights and simply dispose of them earlier then normal and I don't have problems. They get a little dry but if you get some eye drops (I carry Visine with me anyway because I'm a pothead stick out tongue) you'll be fine.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2007 11:10 PM
Marxman is currently offline Click here to Send Marxman a Private Message Find more posts by Marxman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

You shouldn't have expected the best answer from me. stick out tongue

Heehee, I'll use that for future reference. Lmao.
Originally posted by Marxman
I got my contacts the same day as my eye exam. And I have pretty bad eye sight plus an astigmatism. You're supposed to take them off every night then replace them every morning and that's why some people find them a hassle. I leave them in most nights and simply dispose of them earlier then normal and I don't have problems. They get a little dry but if you get some eye drops (I carry Visine with me anyway because I'm a pothead stick out tongue) you'll be fine.

Thanks. My uncle does that too, I've talked to him about it and he leaves them in anyway.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2007 11:55 PM