KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » The Wristwatch from HELL!

The Wristwatch from HELL!
Started by: Sorgo X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sorgo X
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Wristwatch from HELL!

So ...

I go to the Mall and I'm browsing for a new watch because my old watch was stolen. I stumble upon this beautifully crafted Guess watch and I want it. I buy it and it costs me around a hundred and forty dollars. Not bad because the watch is pretty nice.

I get home and I'm wearing my kick arse watch. I go bend my wrist to pick up a knife in my silverware drawer and I hear the snap of a gear (Assumption) and the pin shoots backwards and injects into my forearm and breaks skin.

I had to take the pin out with tweezers.

Should I sue? I still haven't taken it back yet because I'm thinking about what I should do.

YOU ARE NOT PREPARED

Old Post May 13th, 2007 08:24 PM
Sorgo X is currently offline Click here to Send Sorgo X a Private Message Find more posts by Sorgo X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

You should sick your chinchila's of death on the man who sold you the watch.

Old Post May 13th, 2007 08:30 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Don't sue. Go into hiding since the KGB is clearly trying to kill you.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post May 13th, 2007 08:31 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Too bad it wasn't your mouse arm.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post May 13th, 2007 08:31 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

I wouldn't sue, it was an accident and you're apparently fine, just take it back and mention what happened. Than ask for a replacement watch or your money back.

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post May 13th, 2007 08:38 PM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Doesn't seem like a serious injury, if you had to have surgery to remove it I would have sued, but for now I'd go with Roland's advice.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post May 13th, 2007 08:53 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sorgo X
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Barker
Too bad it wasn't your mouse arm.

It was.

Originally posted by Röland
I wouldn't sue, it was an accident and you're apparently fine, just take it back and mention what happened. Than ask for a replacement watch or your money back.

but i want teh moneyz

sad

YOU ARE NOT PREPARED

Old Post May 13th, 2007 09:05 PM
Sorgo X is currently offline Click here to Send Sorgo X a Private Message Find more posts by Sorgo X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

No, you shouldn't sue.

It's your fault for spending ridiculous amounts of money on a time telling device, which you can get for $5.

$140, That would have bought a (cheap) hooker, man. ****ed up.

Old Post May 13th, 2007 09:07 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

Originally posted by Sorgo X
but i want teh moneyz

sad

You have no case to sue the watch company. stick out tongue

Just do what I said, take it back and get a new watch or get your original $140 back.

Old Post May 13th, 2007 09:10 PM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sorgo X
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
No, you shouldn't sue.

It's your fault for spending ridiculous amounts of money on a time telling device, which you can get for $5.

$140, That would have bought a (cheap) hooker, man. ****ed up.

It's not my fault. It's the companies fault for making a severely flawed product.

Ridiculous amounts of money? A hundred and forty dollars is not "Ridiculous amounts of money", my friend.

YOU ARE NOT PREPARED

Old Post May 13th, 2007 09:11 PM
Sorgo X
Restricted

Account Restricted

You have no case to sue the watch company. stick out tongue

Just do what I said, take it back and get a new watch or get your original $140 back.

A gash in my arm is a case. I don't think I explained well enough.

The pin BROKE SKIN and INJECTED directly into my arm. I had to get my tweezers and remove it.

Think of a wooden splinter ... Except a long, silver pin instead.

YOU ARE NOT PREPARED

Old Post May 13th, 2007 09:13 PM
Röland
Masked Vigilante

A gash in my arm is a case. I don't think I explained well enough.

The pin BROKE SKIN and INJECTED directly into my arm. I had to get my tweezers and remove it.

Think of a wooden splinter ... Except a long, silver pin instead.

Cry me a river, you got a metal splinter in your arm.

You're fine enough to type on a keyboard, your forearm is not damaged enough that you have to go to a hospital or consult a doctor, you didn't die or receive any type of poisoning from the product.

Just take the damn thing back, explain what happened and asked for a different model of the same watch or ask for your $140 back.

Old Post May 13th, 2007 09:19 PM
Sorgo X
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cry me a river, you got a metal splinter in your arm.

You're fine enough to type on a keyboard, your forearm is not damaged enough that you have to go to a hospital or consult a doctor, you didn't die or receive any type of poisoning from the product.

Just take the damn thing back, explain what happened and asked for a different model of the same watch or ask for your $140 back.

I'd prefer to cry you an ocean.

I did go to a doctor, actually. Naturally, I had to.

I had a huge gash in my arm and I'm currently wearing a large bandage for it and the possibility of infection is not a scarce possibility.

I am seriously contemplating suing Guess.

It was Silver, for the second time.

YOU ARE NOT PREPARED

Old Post May 13th, 2007 09:22 PM
BackFire

It's not my fault. It's the companies fault for making a severely flawed product.

Ridiculous amounts of money? A hundred and forty dollars is not "Ridiculous amounts of money", my friend.

For a watch, I think it is.

I buy watches for 5 dollars, and they last for years.

But now, with cell phones, watches are a thing of the past.

Old Post May 13th, 2007 09:23 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

I only buy expensive watches.
They never set, the battery doesn't need replacing within a month, and they're more stylish.

Old Post May 13th, 2007 09:25 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sorgo X
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
For a watch, I think it is.

I buy watches for 5 dollars, and they last for years.

But now, with cell phones, watches are a thing of the past.

My old watch was over three hundred dollars. I got it for my eighteenth birthday and it lasted me over three years and then it got stolen.

YOU ARE NOT PREPARED

Old Post May 13th, 2007 09:25 PM
BackFire

Well, at least you didn't pay for it. That's the thing with owning expensive things, they always end up stolen. Or stabbing you in the arm.

Really though, if the gash on your arm is actually bad, which it sounds like it may be. I say go for it, sue. Some lady sued McDonalds for almost a million dollars because she spilt coffee on herself like a dumb wench.

You could probably make good money since it's actually their fault, and not just you being an idiot.

Old Post May 13th, 2007 09:28 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Burnt Pancakes
You should sick your chinchila's of death on the man who sold you the watch.

not sure what a chinchila is, but it sounds painful.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post May 13th, 2007 09:29 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

I'd prefer to cry you an ocean.

I did go to a doctor, actually. Naturally, I had to.

I had a huge gash in my arm and I'm currently wearing a large bandage for it and the possibility of infection is not a scarce possibility.

I am seriously contemplating suing Guess.

It was Silver, for the second time.

From your original post it sounded like a tiny SILVER splinter got injected in your arm, removed with tweezers and that was the end of your injury.

You may "possibly" get an infection? Since you've been to a doctor I assume you were given antibiotics since the skin was broken and a huge gash was in your arm, along with the bandage your chances of infection are slim to none.

You were treated by a doctor, and seem fine now. This injury did not cause you mental anguish, depending on the type of person you are, it may have caused you a small amount of physical anguish as well.

Sue if you want, but considering the facts you have told us, you would get very little in compensation.

What I'm saying is stop acting like you have suffered some horrible injury, take the faulty watch back, and ask for your money back or a new model of the watch you bought.

Old Post May 13th, 2007 09:32 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

From your original post it sounded like a tiny SILVER splinter got injected in your arm, removed with tweezers and that was the end of your injury.

You may "possibly" get an infection? Since you've been to a doctor I assume you were given antibiotics since the skin was broken and a huge gash was in your arm, along with the bandage your chances of infection are slim to none.

You were treated by a doctor, and seem fine now. This injury did not cause you mental anguish, depending on the type of person you are, it may have caused you a small amount of physical anguish as well.

Sue if you want, but considering the facts you have told us, you would get very little in compensation.

What I'm saying is stop acting like you have suffered some horrible injury, take the faulty watch back, and ask for your money back or a new model of the watch you bought.

maybe that is his spanking hand.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post May 13th, 2007 09:36 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote