KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Why are we ruled by electricity?

Why are we ruled by electricity?
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

Why are we ruled by electricity?

It's been storming here in my neck of the woods for about 4 hours now. We lost power for about 90 minutes, and got it back about 15 minutes ago.

The strange thing is, the whole time the power was off myself, Raeann, Madison, and my little sister, who is here, were sitting down and playing board games, conversing, laughing together..........all without the luxury of electricity.

However, the immediate moment the power came back on, I ran toward the computer, and Raeann and my sis bolted for the TV to watch the goddamn Real World/Road Rules Challenge, thus dispersing our "family moment" and returning to our normal routines.

Why do we allow ourselves to be separated by such things? We were acting like a family, spending time with one another and bonding, and now we could all care less since we have our precious power back.

Weird, isn't it? Does any one else agree, or has had this happen to them and can relate?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 01:07 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

*touches the screen*

Wowzers! You're really shocking. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 01:09 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
*touches the screen*

Wowzers! You're really shocking. stick out tongue

So I've been told.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 01:10 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
*touches the boob*

Wowzers! You're real. stick out tongue

Real mature, WD.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 01:10 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I can't help myself Barker. big grin

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 01:11 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

Originally posted by Barker
Real mature, WD.
Misquoting. Thats REAL mature, Barker

One little spark...

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 01:12 AM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

You know what else is mature?

Poo-poo pee-pee pants. no expression

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 01:13 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Yeah, like when my sacrificial virgins can't use their sex toys and they don't know batteries exist because I won't allow them to find out, they turn to me for sexual release...

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 01:19 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I have batteries, but they are for real emergencies, like when power goes out in the dark (we still had sufficient daylight), or hurricane season, etc.

We just played Mad Libs, and played with my daughter the whole time. Now, we're all glued to the appliances, daughter included.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 01:21 AM
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Originally posted by Da Rev
Quoting. Thats REAL mature, Barker

Ecks Dee, Maynard.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 01:26 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Re: Why are we ruled by electricity?

Originally posted by Impediment
It's been storming here in my neck of the woods for about 4 hours now. We lost power for about 90 minutes, and got it back about 15 minutes ago.

The strange thing is, the whole time the power was off myself, Raeann, Madison, and my little sister, who is here, were sitting down and playing board games, conversing, laughing together..........all without the luxury of electricity.

However, the immediate moment the power came back on, I ran toward the computer, and Raeann and my sis bolted for the TV to watch the goddamn Real World/Road Rules Challenge, thus dispersing our "family moment" and returning to our normal routines.

Why do we allow ourselves to be separated by such things? We were acting like a family, spending time with one another and bonding, and now we could all care less since we have our precious power back.

Weird, isn't it? Does any one else agree, or has had this happen to them and can relate?

Hey, real world road rules challenge is the pinnacle of civilizations entertainment medium.

who's fault is it that everyone abadoned the "family" moment to go off and re engage in mind numbing activites such as surfing the web, and drowning out to television? Seems to me, you guys could have atleast finished your family moment.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 01:30 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Re: Re: Why are we ruled by electricity?

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
who's fault is it that everyone abadoned the "family" moment to go off and re engage in mind numbing activites such as surfing the web, and drowning out to television? Seems to me, you guys could have at least finished your family moment.

Thank you for the dry wit there, RR.

And in case you didn't recognize my facetious tone, I didn't mean we literally dropped what we were doing, said "F*ck off everyone!", and ran toward our appliances. We finished our activity, and then dispersed.

I asked if anyone has has a similar experience to what happened to me this evening. I'm sure someone can relate.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 01:37 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Re: Re: Re: Why are we ruled by electricity?

Originally posted by Impediment
Thank you for the dry wit there, RR.

thats what im here for

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 01:54 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Re: Re: Re: Re: Why are we ruled by electricity?

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
thats what im here for

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 01:57 AM
BlackSunshine
Do what you want to do

Yeah, we were having so much fun together and then it all ended with the damn electricity coming back on. Thanks alot roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 05:20 AM
BlackSunshine is currently offline Click here to Send BlackSunshine a Private Message Find more posts by BlackSunshine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Just like the time I swallowed the puzzle piece and was driven to the ER by one of my goats.

Oh crap.

That's nothing like this...

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 09:13 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote