KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » My uncle is on IMDb!

My uncle is on IMDb!
Started by: Slay

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Slay
Skyhighatrist

My uncle is on IMDb!

Yeah, biatches. Didn't think he would be, considering that he's Dutch.

Anyway:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0576305/

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 02:38 PM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

My friend's dad is on IMDb. Under his own name multiple times because IMDb haven't realized it's the same person.

Edit: BTW, that's hella awesome that your uncle is a writer.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 02:40 PM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Wow, I just realized that my uncle is on there as well...I already knew he was on wiki but I didn't know he was on IMDB.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0888808/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Vandermark

stick out tongue

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 02:41 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lana
Wow, I just realized that my uncle is on there as well...I already knew he was on wiki but I didn't know he was on IMDB.

stick out tongue

Woah, that's even cooler. I mean his career and that to get a wiki you got to have somewhat of a public image.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 02:45 PM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

stick out tongue

Haha, Vandermark, what a ridiculous name.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 02:47 PM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Originally posted by Kram3r
Woah, that's even cooler. I mean his career and that to get a wiki you got to have somewhat of a public image.
My uncle has a Dutch-languaged wiki, and wrote an Oscar-winning film.

Last edited by Slay on Sep 2nd, 2007 at 02:51 PM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 02:49 PM
Kram3r

Originally posted by Slay
My uncle has a Dutch-languaged wiki.

Fail.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 02:50 PM
Peach
mordrem

Yeah, it's pretty sweet. I found the wiki page on accident surfing around randomly a few months ago and was like "Holy crap, mom, I found a page about Ken!" laughing out loud

My uncle has a Dutch-languaged wiki, and wrote an Oscar-nominated film.

Is yours internationally famous? stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 02:51 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Yeah, it's pretty sweet. I found the wiki page on accident surfing around randomly a few months ago and was like "Holy crap, mom, I found a page about Ken!" laughing out loud

Is yours internationally famous? stick out tongue

Well, he's probably known around Europe and maybe the US as well, after 'winning' an Oscar.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 02:53 PM
Kram3r

That's hella awesome, I bet he has a bunch of cool stories. So your mom isn't originally from Chicago?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 02:53 PM
Peach
mordrem

That's hella awesome, I bet he has a bunch of cool stories. So your mom isn't originally from Chicago?

No, my family's all from Chicago; he married my mom's sister. His best friend from college (who ended up marrying my mom's other sister stick out tongue) was from Chicago so that's how he ended up here. I have fond memories of, when I was a little kid, teasing them because their car was a "garbage can on wheels" laughing out loud

Also he's the one I played Doom with the first time I played it through, when I was like 10 years old stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 02:57 PM
Slay
Skyhighatrist

Yeah, see, you might not have noticed, but I created this thread with the intention of being able to see you people saying they wish they had a relative who contributed in making an Academy Award winning film. I most certainly did not make it for your chatter about family, personal history and such irrelevant rubbish, or your amusement in general. kthnxbai.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 03:03 PM
Kram3r

No, my family's all from Chicago; he married my mom's sister. His best friend from college (who ended up marrying my mom's other sister stick out tongue) was from Chicago so that's how he ended up here. I have fond memories of, when I was a little kid, teasing them because their car was a "garbage can on wheels" laughing out loud

Also he's the one I played Doom with the first time I played it through, when I was like 10 years old stick out tongue

Hahaha, awesome, just wondering. I saw the bio and was like "Rhode Island, Lana isn't from there, what the hell?". That's cool though. laughing out loud

Yeah, see, you might not have noticed, but I created this thread with the intention of being able to see you people saying they wish they had a relative who contributed in making an Academy Award winning film. I most certainly did not make it for your chatter about family, personal history and such irrelevant rubbish, or your amusement in general. kthnxbai.

No one cares about the Dutch, kthanxbai.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 03:07 PM
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Yeah, biatches. Didn't think he would be, considering that he's Dutch.

Anyway:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0576305/

My dad has been in the papers a couple of times big grin

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 03:20 PM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

Jeeze. I just realized my uncle was on it. No biggie.

http://imdb.com/name/nm0000134/

One little spark...

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 03:21 PM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

Originally posted by Reverend Axel
Jeeze. I just realized my uncle was on it. No biggie.

http://imdb.com/name/nm0000134/

Who the f*ck is that? Wow, so he acted in a couple of films, big deal. thumb down

Stop wasting our time when we can be talking about some random dutch writer and a random Jazz musician. Loser.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 03:26 PM
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

Made by the awesome BakaXero

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 03:29 PM
TOH is currently offline Click here to Send TOH a Private Message Find more posts by TOH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

Originally posted by TOH
I am on IMDb

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2019944/

And we have a winner...

Lol, your STARmeter totally went down by 65%, pwnt.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 03:32 PM
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

And we have a winner...

Lol, your STARmeter totally went down by 65%, pwnt.

I've made some bad choices in my career...

Made by the awesome BakaXero

Last edited by TOH on Sep 2nd, 2007 at 03:41 PM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 03:38 PM
TOH is currently offline Click here to Send TOH a Private Message Find more posts by TOH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

Originally posted by TOH
I've made some bad choices last week...

No shit.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 03:40 PM