KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » are you a geek/dork/nerd?

what are you?
This poll is closed.
geek 3 42.86%
dork 2 28.57%
nerd 2 28.57%
Total: 7 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

are you a geek/dork/nerd?
Started by: Punkyhermy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

Shocked are you a geek/dork/nerd?

My score on The Nerd? Geek? or Dork? Test:

Pure Nerd
(60 % Nerd, 26% Geek, 39% Dork)

"For The Record:

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.

You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.

Congratulations!

Take it!

Last edited by Punkyhermy on Nov 29th, 2007 at 02:11 AM

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 02:07 AM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Probably a geek more than anything

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 02:10 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I didn't know that there was a test....I'll take it now

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 02:11 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dave_97
Party Dave

Nerd/dork.

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 02:11 AM
Dave_97 is currently offline Click here to Send Dave_97 a Private Message Find more posts by Dave_97 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Apparently I'm a nerd

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 02:19 AM
Ax3l
Dream Finder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Punkyhermy
My score on The Nerd? Geek? or Dork? Test:

Pure Nerd
(60 % Nerd, 26% Geek, 39% Dork)

"For The Record:

A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.

You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendences associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.

Congratulations!

Take it!
I got all the way through the test, then they started to ask me personal questions. So I said "**** this"

One little spark...

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 02:21 AM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

60 questions is too much, haermm, etc.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 02:26 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Bacon
Who?

Nerd 52% Geek 39% 34% Dork

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 02:28 AM
Mr. Bacon is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Bacon a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Bacon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

100 % Sexy, 10 % Penis

One little spark...

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 02:29 AM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I broke the page with my Geeki/Dork/Nerdi-ness....

"ERROR 101 ON PAGE"

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 02:31 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

60 % Nerd, 60% Geek, 43% Dork

For The Record:

You scored better than half in Nerd and Geek, earning you the title of: Modern, Cool Nerd.

Nerds didn't use to be cool, but in the 90's that all changed. It used to be that, if you were a computer expert, you had to wear plaid or a pocket protector or suspenders or something that announced to the world that you couldn't quite fit in. Not anymore. Now, the intelligent and geeky have eked out for themselves a modicum of respect at the very least, and "geek is chic." The Modern, Cool Nerd is intelligent, knowledgable and always the person to call in a crisis (needing computer advice/an arcane bit of trivia knowledge). They are the one you want as your lifeline in Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (or the one up there, winning the million bucks)!

Congratulations!

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 02:31 AM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piggle Humsy
Wiggle4life

I took this a while ago.

I'm a Dork.

39 % Nerd, 39% Geek, 56% Dork

happy

..T H I N K I N G.. ..B E E A N.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 02:36 AM
Piggle Humsy is currently offline Click here to Send Piggle Humsy a Private Message Find more posts by Piggle Humsy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sancty
-

You scored better than half in Nerd and Geek, earning you the title of: Modern, Cool Nerd.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 03:16 AM
Sancty is currently offline Click here to Send Sancty a Private Message Find more posts by Sancty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

60 % Nerd, 13% Geek, 13% Dork

You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.

Congratulations!

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 03:28 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by Reverend Axel
100 % Sexy, 10 % Penis
that's more than 100%

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 05:01 AM
Naz
Super Senior Member

I took the test, but when I finished the pages turned into German and wouldn't let me find out my score.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 05:09 AM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

65 % Nerd, 65% Geek, 47% Dork

For The Record:

Nerds didn't use to be cool, but in the 90's that all changed. It used to be that, if you were a computer expert, you had to wear plaid or a pocket protector or suspenders or something that announced to the world that you couldn't quite fit in. Not anymore. Now, the intelligent and geeky have eked out for themselves a modicum of respect at the very least, and "geek is chic." The Modern, Cool Nerd is intelligent, knowledgable and always the person to call in a crisis (needing computer advice/an arcane bit of trivia knowledge). They are the one you want as your lifeline in Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (or the one up there, winning the million bucks)!

Congratulations!

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 05:13 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

52 % Nerd, 69% Geek, 56% Dork

For The Record:

You scored better than half in all three, earning you the title of: Outcast Genius.

Outcast geniuses usually are bright enough to understand what society wants of them, and they just don't care! They are highly intelligent and passionate about the things they know are *truly* important in the world. Typically, this does not include sports, cars or make-up, but it can on occassion (and if it does then they know more than all of their friends combined in that subject).

Outcast geniuses can be very lonely, due to their being outcast from most normal groups and too smart for the room among many other types of dorks and geeks, but they can also be the types to eventually rule the world, ala Bill Gates, the prototypical Outcast Genius.

Congratulations!

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 05:40 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Originally posted by General Kaliero
52 % Nerd, 69% Geek, 56% Dork

For The Record:

You scored better than half in all three, earning you the title of: Outcast Genius.

Outcast geniuses usually are bright enough to understand what society wants of them, and they just don't care! They are highly intelligent and passionate about the things they know are *truly* important in the world. Typically, this does not include sports, cars or make-up, but it can on occassion (and if it does then they know more than all of their friends combined in that subject).

Outcast geniuses can be very lonely, due to their being outcast from most normal groups and too smart for the room among many other types of dorks and geeks, but they can also be the types to eventually rule the world, ala Bill Gates, the prototypical Outcast Genius.

Congratulations!

Cbf doing the test, but I guess I'd be like this one

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 06:34 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Please use the following link: The Official Quiz/Test Thread.

Thank you.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 08:49 AM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote