KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Yeah, so I got some bad news today during dinner..

Yeah, so I got some bad news today during dinner..
Started by: Rodgort

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rodgort
Dickroll'd.

Yeah, so I got some bad news today during dinner..

Note: For those who don't know me, if you're going to post sh*t in here, don't bother posting at all. If you think it makes you more of a man, then you're mistaken by a whole new level. For those who do know me, which may be quite a few people, feel free to post whatever.

So, I figured out today during dinner that my grandfather is probably going to be in a coma and dead around Christmas, which is only about a week away. I was never really close with him, but we talked when we could.

When I first moved down to Florida I talked with him a lot more because I took up Trombone, and he used to play Trumpet. We would talk for hours about our instruments, music, etc. Now hearing he's just going to die in about a week is like getting hit in the face by the baseball at high velocity.

My week just keeps getting better.

(Thanks Raijin) Xbox Live-Frisky Marcus

Change my attempt, good intentions.
Should I? Could I?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 02:26 AM
Rodgort is currently offline Click here to Send Rodgort a Private Message Find more posts by Rodgort Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

I don't really know you, I posted anyway.

Sorry to hear, though.

One little spark...

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 02:30 AM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TRH
Grand Poobah

Like I said before,I am really sorry and offer my best to your family.

Sig By pittman

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 02:31 AM
TRH is currently offline Click here to Send TRH a Private Message Find more posts by TRH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rodgort
Dickroll'd.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TRH
Like I said before,I am really sorry and offer my best to your family.
Like I said before, thanks.

Originally posted by Reverend Axel
I don't really know you, I posted anyway.

Sorry to hear, though.
You may have seen me around a few times, and somehow..you're on my MSN list. Thanks anyway.

Should I? Could I?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 02:32 AM
Rodgort is currently offline Click here to Send Rodgort a Private Message Find more posts by Rodgort Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Red

Sad. My Grandma was just diagnosed with lung cancer. They aren't giving her much hope. Sorry to hear about that.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 02:33 AM
The Red is currently offline Click here to Send The Red a Private Message Find more posts by The Red Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rodgort
Dickroll'd.

Originally posted by Dustin [Tsure]
Sad. My Grandma was just diagnosed with lung cancer. They aren't giving her much hope. Sorry to hear about that.
I wish your grandmother and your family the best. My grandfather had colon cancer, and had to undergo surgery to remove it. Now it's just been too much and they've taken him off his kemo treatment. Now they can only control the pain.

Also, thank you.

Should I? Could I?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 02:36 AM
JacopeX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Damn...I could imagine such a bad feeling. Hopefully everything turns out alright with you, man. sad

The more you question it, the less you will understand.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 02:38 AM
JacopeX is currently offline Click here to Send JacopeX a Private Message Find more posts by JacopeX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rodgort
Dickroll'd.

Originally posted by JacopeX
Damn...I could imagine such a bad feeling. Hopefully everything turns out alright with you, man. sad
Thanks, Jacope. That means a lot.

Should I? Could I?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 02:39 AM
guy222
With my gal

I wish u well

My dad just came home from the hospital

thank u bz

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 02:40 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

hmm... you don't know for sure when someone will die. My Grandma had a stroke and died within a day, while my Grandpa who also had a stroke lasted a few months and was stuck in a bed. Grandma was a shock, Grandpa was a bit easier cause we were expecting it. Still some people can last longer than you think they will. Just see him as much as possible for now. Not much can be done about death. You can prepare yourself a bit but not completely.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 02:43 AM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rodgort
Dickroll'd.

Originally posted by BakaXero
hmm... you don't know for sure when someone will die. My Grandma had a stroke and died within a day, while my Grandpa who also had a stroke lasted a few months and was stuck in a bed. Grandma was a shock, Grandpa was a bit easier cause we were expecting it. Still some people can last longer than you think they will. Just see him as much as possible for now. Not much can be done about death. You can prepare yourself a bit but not completely.
I like your advice, the only issue is I now live in Florida, where as he lives back in Canada. I wanted to go visit him during Thanksgiving when my dad went, but I couldn't. Now, all I can really do is keep in touch with him over the phone.

Should I? Could I?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 02:46 AM
Rodgort
Dickroll'd.

Originally posted by guy222
I wish u well

My dad just came home from the hospital
Thank you. I hope your dad is ok now.

Should I? Could I?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 02:46 AM
guy222
With my gal

Thank u

thank u bz

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 02:50 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

Wow, I wish you the best, hopefuly, you get a stroke of good luck.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 02:53 AM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grinning Goku

Sorry to hear that, man. It sucks donkey's balls.

PSN handle: B_B_Kang

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 02:59 AM
Grinning Goku is currently offline Click here to Send Grinning Goku a Private Message Find more posts by Grinning Goku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

My Grandpa almost died from heart attacks three times since I have been alive(once before).

Best of luck.

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 03:00 AM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rodgort
Dickroll'd.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate it.

Should I? Could I?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 03:08 AM
Impediment
Endless

I rarely respond to pity threads, mainly because 95% are bullshit excuses for attention.

However, if, infact, you're being truthful, then you have my sympathies.

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Dec 19th, 2007 at 03:19 AM

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 03:15 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McLovin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Yeah, so I got some bad news today during dinner..

Originally posted by Rodgort
Note: For those who don't know me, if you're going to post sh*t in here, don't bother posting at all. If you think it makes you more of a man, then you're mistaken by a whole new level. For those who do know me, which may be quite a few people, feel free to post whatever.

So, I figured out today during dinner that my grandfather is probably going to be in a coma and dead around Christmas, which is only about a week away. I was never really close with him, but we talked when we could.

When I first moved down to Florida I talked with him a lot more because I took up Trombone, and he used to play Trumpet. We would talk for hours about our instruments, music, etc. Now hearing he's just going to die in about a week is like getting hit in the face by the baseball at high velocity.

Sorry to hear that. I've lost many family members and can understand your pain. It makes it even harder because it's the holidays.

Originally posted by Impediment
I rarely respond to pity threads, mainly because 95% are bullshit excuses for attention.

However, if, infact, you're being truthful, then you have my sympathies.

You're all heart.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 03:26 AM
McLovin is currently offline Click here to Send McLovin a Private Message Find more posts by McLovin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by Rodgort

That's awful, man. I don't know what I'd do if any of my grandparents died, especially around Christmas.

Stay strong.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 03:33 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote