KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » My Dog is Dead

My Dog is Dead
Started by: jinXed by JaNx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinXed by JaNx

My Dog is Dead

Well, I took my buddy to the vet yesterday. There wasn't anything i could do other than give her a pleasant departure. It was a lot harder than i had expected. Watching her fall asleep for her last time wasn't so bad. It wasn't until i came home from work today and found that there was no one standing on the couch to greet me. She was 15 years old. She had what i believe to be bladder cancer. It was very painful for her to urinate and move her bowels.

I have had animals put to sleep before and never batted an eye. I realized, though, Jazz (my dog) has grown up with me. No matter what animal i will have in my future i will not be able to say that they watched me grow up from childhood, through adolescence all the way to adulthood.

Has anyone else had a good friend (animal stick out tongue ) put to sleep, if so, discuss

RIP Jazz sad Excuse the fuzzy pics, it's all i have of her on me mac

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 10:56 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Toshiru
I has a titlez

That's not too good.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 10:57 PM
Toshiru is currently offline Click here to Send Toshiru a Private Message Find more posts by Toshiru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahsoka Tano
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sorry to hear.

Thanks TGF

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 10:57 PM
Ahsoka Tano is currently offline Click here to Send Ahsoka Tano a Private Message Find more posts by Ahsoka Tano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piggle Humsy
Wiggle4life

aww she looked adorable.

sorry for your loss.

I understand completely. lost my dog suddenly last year, she had something inside her that burst and poisoned her sad

I still miss her.

..T H I N K I N G.. ..B E E A N.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 10:59 PM
Piggle Humsy is currently offline Click here to Send Piggle Humsy a Private Message Find more posts by Piggle Humsy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sorry to hear that, dude.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 11:10 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

That sucks man. Losing a pet you've had for that long is like losing a family member. sad

What is this I don't even

Old Post Apr 5th, 2009 11:44 PM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Well, I took my buddy to the vet yesterday. There wasn't anything i could do other than give her a pleasant departure. It was a lot harder than i had expected. Watching her fall asleep for her last time wasn't so bad. It wasn't until i came home from work today and found that there was no one standing on the couch to greet me. She was 15 years old. She had what i believe to be bladder cancer. It was very painful for her to urinate and move her bowels.

I have had animals put to sleep before and never batted an eye. I realized, though, Jazz (my dog) has grown up with me. No matter what animal i will have in my future i will not be able to say that they watched me grow up from childhood, through adolescence all the way to adulthood.

Has anyone else had a good friend (animal stick out tongue ) put to sleep, if so, discuss

RIP Jazz sad Excuse the fuzzy pics, it's all i have of her on me mac

Sorry about your dog..I know exactly how you feel. I had to get my dog put to sleep back in '02 and it was really hard for me then but coming home to a house with no dog to greet you at the door with a wagging tail was especially hard and I often had to catch myself before I started to wonder where in the hell she was. I grew up with her from about 4-5 years old until 12-13 years old.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2009 12:36 AM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Sorry to "hear" that, dude.

You're right. No dog will ever replace Jazz.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2009 12:56 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leo.M
A Riddle

That's sad. Sorry for your lose. sad She lived a long life. 15 years is really good for dog.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2009 01:46 AM
Leo.M is currently offline Click here to Send Leo.M a Private Message Find more posts by Leo.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TRH
Grand Poobah

My Condolences.

Sig By pittman

Old Post Apr 6th, 2009 01:58 AM
TRH is currently offline Click here to Send TRH a Private Message Find more posts by TRH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

I know how you feel JJ. My dog has been with me since 6th or 7th grade (I'm 21 now). She is getting older and having coughs and heart problems. We all know pets aren't forever, but when the GOOD ones go it like puts a shock to your system.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Apr 6th, 2009 03:32 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ms Chelle
ubuntu

SOrry for your loss.
My condolences.
RIP Jazz.

made by Scribble

Old Post Apr 6th, 2009 04:35 AM
Ms Chelle is currently offline Click here to Send Ms Chelle a Private Message Find more posts by Ms Chelle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

My Condolences

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 6th, 2009 05:08 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flaming-Hobo

Sorry to hear that buddy. sad

Check out - http://www.moviediscussions.net/forums/index.php

Old Post Apr 6th, 2009 06:37 AM
Flaming-Hobo is currently offline Click here to Send Flaming-Hobo a Private Message Find more posts by Flaming-Hobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I'm sorry, bud. Here for ya.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2009 07:48 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Sucks man, sorry.

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 6th, 2009 03:24 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kinkin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sad.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2009 08:40 PM
Kinkin is currently offline Click here to Send Kinkin a Private Message Find more posts by Kinkin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wittig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've lost two dogs in my days so far.
Sucks every time.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2009 08:55 PM
Wittig is currently offline Click here to Send Wittig a Private Message Find more posts by Wittig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Re: My Dog is Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

Yeah, my cat Tang was like a bro to me. He used to wait for me to come home from partying and stuff and he'd hang out with me on the couch whilst I ate chocolate cereal and watch late night television. Then he'd lick my bowl and sleep on my lap. I cried like a girl when he was put to sleep.

I just saw that movie "Marley And Me," and it epitomized the relationship I have with my dog, Walker Texas Ranger, right now. It kills me to think that my dog is going to die someday. Sorry for your loss, jinXed.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2009 11:58 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Thanks everyone. It was nice to hear from you all.

I collected my dogs ashes the other day. I said it before but i've had many pets die through out my life and i've known many people who have died but it was different with Jazz. It's most likely different because i held Jazz closer than i hold most people. It was very profound seeing her ashes. I was given her ashes in a really cool sack. Those kind of sacks that come with Seagrams liquor. you know, the kind that wizards carry magical rocks in. It was very strange seeing my dogs remains in a pouch.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2009 09:36 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote