KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Tornadoes hit my town...

Tornadoes hit my town...
Started by: the.kenzo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LanceWindu

Tornadoes hit my town...

Holy ****ing shit...

Tornadoes galore today. We went out to eat and then went to the mall. As we were at the mall our county came under a tornado warning. I checked my iPod for the weather report and there were 5 tornadoes headed towards us. A total of 15 warnings at once and most were right nearby.

One touched down right beside the mall, then after the all clear we were in the food court and watched another one form right outside and we had to run back into the service corridor for shelter.

One of the areas hit was right next to the restaurant we were at only 30 minutes prior. And only a mile away from where we were stationed in the mall.

Lots of destroyed buildings, and some people died only a mile or two away from us. All my family and friends are safe, thankfully.

It's been a scary day.

I wish I had my good camera with me, but these blurry cell phone pics show some of the damage.

(please log in to view the image)

There's lots more damage, but this was closest to my camera, so they were the only ones that would turn out good enough to where you could see it.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 09:14 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

Wow, that's some crazy shit.

Glad you're ok.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 09:16 PM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

That was no meteorite, something hit us!

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 09:18 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Whoa.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 09:23 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Peach
Whoa.

I know, it's amazing how you can check the weather report on iPods now.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 09:24 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

And good quality cell phone pics, too.

One little spark...

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 09:28 PM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piggle Humsy
Wiggle4life

aww I know how that stuff scares you

glad everyone's ok.

..T H I N K I N G.. ..B E E A N.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 09:34 PM
Piggle Humsy is currently offline Click here to Send Piggle Humsy a Private Message Find more posts by Piggle Humsy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

There's a link to a time lapse video of the tornado in this article about the deaths. http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=10164123

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 09:36 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Wow thats insane.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 09:37 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 09:42 PM
Wittig
Restricted

Account Restricted

That shit's crazy. California earthquakes are nothing compared to this.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 09:47 PM
Wittig is currently offline Click here to Send Wittig a Private Message Find more posts by Wittig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

**** that

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 09:50 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

It's been a crazy day to say the least.

We heard the tornado passing by us while we were hunkered down in the corridor, it was very scary.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 09:53 PM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Originally posted by Wittig
That shit's crazy. California earthquakes are nothing compared to this.

Earthquakes are far more damaging than tornados, but I know what you mean. When I was a kid I used to be deathly afraid of tornados when I lived in California, but my dad promised me I'd never see one there. Then my new neighbors from the midwest were way freaked out over a 2.5 earthquake and they said tornados are way less scary. Personally, I'd be mostly afraid of a nuclear holocaust.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 09:53 PM
LanceWindu

Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Earthquakes are far more damaging than tornados, but I know what you mean. When I was a kid I used to be deathly afraid of tornados when I lived in California, but my dad promised me I'd never see one there. Then my new neighbors from the midwest were way freaked out over a 2.5 earthquake and they said tornados are way less scary. Personally, I'd be mostly afraid of a nuclear holocaust.

I've lived in both places, tornadoes are far more scary.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 09:54 PM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Originally posted by the.kenzo
I've lived in both places, tornadoes are far more scary.

What's the biggest earthquake you've experienced?

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 10:00 PM
Kinkin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thats why I couldn't live in US, I would be shiting myself.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 10:00 PM
Kinkin is currently offline Click here to Send Kinkin a Private Message Find more posts by Kinkin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

What's the biggest earthquake you've experienced?

I'm not sure of the size, but I'd say it was above normal.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 10:01 PM
Wittig
Restricted

Account Restricted

You knew dog! I don't ever feel any of the quakes we have anyway.
In LA County at least.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 10:01 PM
Wittig is currently offline Click here to Send Wittig a Private Message Find more posts by Wittig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Well I've been in a 7.5 earthquake and let me tell you, it was freakishly scary. At least with tornados there are warnings and such, but not really with earthquakes. You can't hide from an earthquake.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 10:02 PM