KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » SAG in regard to You Tube: SILLY!!!

SAG in regard to You Tube: SILLY!!!
Started by: FlyingVProd

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FlyingVProd

SAG in regard to You Tube: SILLY!!!

I read on the Backstage.com message board that once you join SAG that you cannot do your own little videos for You Tube without first clearing it with SAG. I do not agree with SAG on that. If you are just doing your own little You Tube video, without any profit being made, you should be able to do it.

I do not think that SAG needs to be involved in anything unless a profit is being made. I am pro-union, but I do not agree that you should have to clear anything with SAG when there is no money involved.

And I feel sorry for the people whom joined SAG without ever having done anything to make a name for themselves, as they cannot even do their own little videos to have fun and promote themselves on You Tube without clearing it with SAG. The reason that I chose not to join SAG via vouchers for extra work is that I could not afford to join SAG that way, I would have to make enough money from a project to cover the cost of joining SAG, but I am glad that I did not join SAG yet because I can do You Tube videos and little shorts and stuff without any hassles. And when you do your own little videos and stuff, you can do whatever you want, you can be the star, and you can actually have lines. Some people joined SAG without even ever having said a line on film, and I am happy that I chose not to join that way.

Once I do join SAG, I will have to discuss the issue of You Tube videos and stuff with them.

All the best,

Tony V.

Old Post May 27th, 2009 10:06 PM
FlyingVProd is currently offline Click here to Send FlyingVProd a Private Message Find more posts by FlyingVProd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

lol.. sag

TGFwashere

Old Post May 27th, 2009 10:15 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

weed

Old Post May 27th, 2009 10:16 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat_Crabs
black iza stato mind!

I bizlong ta SAG, and doz mutha effers still owe me fifty dollerz.

Old Post May 27th, 2009 10:35 PM
Phat_Crabs is currently offline Click here to Send Phat_Crabs a Private Message Find more posts by Phat_Crabs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote