KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Require Some Help, bitte!

Require Some Help, bitte!
Started by: General G

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
General G
Canadian.

Question Require Some Help, bitte!

Alright, so I've been really good friends with this one girl for a loooooong time. We've been through A LOT. This is a friendship that has taken years to build up to what it is now, and we're best friends right now. I've been dating this one gal for about a year and a half now, and she's been fine with it (this best friend of mine is also my ex). Only very recently, however, my gf has been having real issues with me being friends with my ex.

Nothing between my ex and I have changed, we haven't done anything questionable, nothing like that. I've been fighting with my girlfriend for about 5 months now over this, huge fighting matches over me being friends with her. You see, I have this principal that people should never pick a girlfriend over a friend.

I decided about three days ago to just end it with my friend...I'll do that for my gf right now. I'll hate myself for it. I'll throw my principles in the water and do it. I don't need everyone on here to lecture me on why and how I'm being terrible person. I know I am.

I'm basically asking for help on how to end the friendship. We're really close. And I know it is going to hurt her beyond belief...I'm thinking a hand written letter to show I put time and effort into it? I don't know, though...thoughts? Help, bitte?

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2011 09:32 PM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

You're gonna do it with a letter? Why don't you just do it through a text...do it in person

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2011 09:44 PM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AbnormalButSane
Screw up

I would choose my SO over a friend that they found uncomfortable for me to be around.

Just have a conversation with her. No need for notes.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2011 09:44 PM
AbnormalButSane is currently offline Click here to Send AbnormalButSane a Private Message Find more posts by AbnormalButSane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I say do both, still.

Any time you hang out with your friend, only do so with you GF around.

Your GF IS your best friend.

If that's not the case, then you should break up with your GF.

The end.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2011 09:52 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

If we were married, I would easily pick her over my friend. However, we're still dating, and nothing is certain, which is why I wouldn't choose a gf over a friend. Friends, on average, last longer.

And doing it via text, to me, is ridiculously different than doing it via letter. A letter is something you write out in full, your own writing, adds a personal touch to it.

I'm not sure I could do it in person, though. I'm a history major, I'm better with writing words, rather than saying them, especially if I had to tell her this face to face. I know it would kill her, so I would want to do it somewhere private.

And dadudemon, I've tried the whole hang out with her when my gf is there thing and it doesn't matter to her at all. And I should rephrase, my gf IS my best friend. This other friend is, out of my regular friends, my best friend of them.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2011 10:04 PM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Without lecturing you, all I can say is shame on you if you ditch your friend for a relationship.

Your GF needs to lose her jealously streak. If she truly trusts you for what you are, she should realize that you and your ex would never try anything and that you are just friends.

Relationships come and go, but true friendship is a thing of beauty. If the shoe was on the other foot, would you want to be thrown to the curb like that?

All I can say is that you seriously need to re-evaluate your situation, dude.

"Bros before hos", or in this case, friends over pussy.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2011 10:11 PM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by General G
If we were married, I would easily pick her over my friend. However, we're still dating, and nothing is certain, which is why I wouldn't choose a gf over a friend. Friends, on average, last longer.

And doing it via text, to me, is ridiculously different than doing it via letter. A letter is something you write out in full, your own writing, adds a personal touch to it.

I'm not sure I could do it in person, though. I'm a history major, I'm better with writing words, rather than saying them, especially if I had to tell her this face to face. I know it would kill her, so I would want to do it somewhere private.

And dadudemon, I've tried the whole hang out with her when my gf is there thing and it doesn't matter to her at all. And I should rephrase, my gf IS my best friend. This other friend is, out of my regular friends, my best friend of them.

I asked my wife to marry me after 3 months of data. We got married 7 months later. So you've been with your GF longer than I was with my wife before we got married.

You probably knew your GF longer than I knew my wife before we got married: I met my wife at a party and we dated very shortly thereafter.

What I'm saying is: "married or not" you've been together for far too long to use the marriage excuse.

It sounds like you've already made up your mind to loathe your GF for making you do this. This relationship will end.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2011 10:51 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-
[:::::{============)

Originally posted by Impediment
Without lecturing you, all I can say is shame on you if you ditch your friend for a relationship.

Your GF needs to lose her jealously streak. If she truly trusts you for what you are, she should realize that you and your ex would never try anything and that you are just friends.

Relationships come and go, but true friendship is a thing of beauty. If the shoe was on the other foot, would you want to be thrown to the curb like that?

All I can say is that you seriously need to re-evaluate your situation, dude.

"Bros before hos", or in this case, friends over pussy.

This!

You have been with your girlfriend for 18 months now, am I correct? And she has been okay with this other platonic relationship for a year? Was there any reason why she suddenly started to have issues with this friendship?

Impediment is right to the nth degree. You've been with your girlfriend for a long time now- she shouldn't be forcing you to abandon your core beliefs and not trusting your word. Unless there is something you have not said about why she suddenly started "huge fighting matches" over something she didn't have issues with in the beginning.

BlackZero30x created this a-'Maize'-ing signature! =)

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2011 11:18 PM
-kV- is currently offline Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-

As for answering your question...a letter might have a nice touch, but I think ultimately talking is the way to go.

I'm kinda in the same boat. I can write words better than I can speak them. But if this is someone who is your best friend, you should have no difficulty in communicating what you have to say.

In fact, this person might expect you to talk to her about it.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2011 11:23 PM
-kV- is currently offline Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mist_haermm

Re: Require Some Help, bitte!

Originally posted by General G
(this best friend of mine is also my ex).

There's your problem. Why dont you ditch your gf and go out with her again if you two are that close?

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 02:02 AM
Mist_haermm is currently offline Click here to Send Mist_haermm a Private Message Find more posts by Mist_haermm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 02:12 AM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

I acknowledged in my original post that I am being a terrible person for doing what I'm doing. I would hate myself if I were in my friends position. I know what I'm doing. I've given it lots of thought, I know what I'm doing. And nothing has happened between her and I that would make my gf suspicious or anything. She has never liked us being friends, I don't understand what suddenly changed 5-6 months ago.

But, really, thank you for all of your comments and opinions on everything. It has helped a lot. I think I know what I'm going to do.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 04:05 AM
Impediment
Endless

Sounds to me like you know exactly what NOT to do. Have fun being a horrible person and trashing your friend.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 05:37 PM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-

erm

You're going to be doing something that you will completely regret.

Nevertheless, if you have thought this through immensely, then I wish you the best of luck and hope everything turns out well.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 07:19 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

There are threeways you can do this...

TGFwashere

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 07:22 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Originally posted by Korto Vos
erm

You're going to be doing something that you will completely regret.

Nevertheless, if you have thought this through immensely, then I wish you the best of luck and hope everything turns out well.

Thank you, Korto.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 11:12 PM
LanceWindu

Personally, I think you're whipped by your girlfriend.

Why throw out your innocent friendship for a jealous significant other? If she's acting like this now, just imagine what she'll be like later down the road. By that point, your friendship with this other girl will already be ****ed.

If you feel terrible about it, don't do it.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2011 11:19 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

>letting your girlfriend tell you who you can and can't see if it's just an innocent friendship with an ex

ISHYGDDT

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Aug 25th, 2011 01:18 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by LanceWindu

If you feel terrible about it, don't do it.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 25th, 2011 01:55 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Trash you best friend. Get the new GF, have fun with her as long as it lasts and when she leaves you go back to your best friend and say you have been an idiot and you are so sorry, blabla, she will forgive you, else she wouldn't have been your best friend, right? After that try to have fun with her.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Aug 25th, 2011 01:58 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote