KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » OLD kmc??

OLD kmc??
Started by: cool_ghost

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cool_ghost
Touch me and you die

OLD kmc??

Ive been reading the posts on kmc for quite some time now, and I enjoyed it so much that I decided to make an account. Ive heard you guys talk about how "old" kmc had a lot more people on it that it does now.

That seems to be true, you guys have so many posts on each of the main threads and not too many people talk on it to warrant that many post counts.

Is this true, did kmc of old have a lot more active users than it does now?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 08:36 AM
cool_ghost is currently offline Click here to Send cool_ghost a Private Message Find more posts by cool_ghost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cool_ghost
Touch me and you die

Also, this question is mainly aimed towards the people who have been here a while. You know, for years.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 08:37 AM
cool_ghost is currently offline Click here to Send cool_ghost a Private Message Find more posts by cool_ghost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Well, about 20 or so people left from the OTF due to the mods on KMC. They made lots of traffic on KMC...but they mostly stuck to the OTF.

Some of them have come back but only post everynow and then.

The GDF used to get more traffic.

The comic book forums seem to be doing about the same as 3-4 years ago, though. That's good news.

The MVF is doing worse because it's most catalystic member was permabanned. Quanchii is trying to fill that void, though (bless him).

Lastly, I suspect that you are a sock troll but you're a nice dude so I would still like to see you stick around. Feel free to PM me your old name if you are a returning member. I do keep secrets. big grin

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 08:40 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I've been on since 2003. My first couple of years I was very active here (7-10 posts per day probably). Now, I'm probably about 5 posts per week and I don't check as many of the forums here as I used to (used to be very active in the Sports section, but I only post there once every few months now). It was pretty active back in those days, but I'm not active enough now to say how active these days are in comparison. Btw, purely luck that I even saw this thread because I rarely enter OTF these day (I didn't even open OTF, just saw the thread title from the main forum page that showed it as the last thread posted in).

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 08:46 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cool_ghost
Touch me and you die

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Well, about 20 or so people left from the OTF due to the mods on KMC. They made lots of traffic on KMC...but they mostly stuck to the OTF.

The comic book forums seem to be doing about the same as 3-4 years ago, though. That's good news.

The MVF is doing worse because it's most catalystic member was permabanned. Quanchii is trying to fill that void, though (bless him).

Lastly, I suspect that you are a sock troll but you're a nice dude so I would still like to see you stick around. Feel free to PM me your old name if you are a returning member. I do keep secrets. big grin

What do you mean due to the mods on kmc? like banned?

And sock? what is that? i know what a troll is lol. Im not that. I never had an old name, ive just read a lot on here. you guys are smart people, you attracted me big grin

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 08:52 AM
cool_ghost
Touch me and you die

Originally posted by Myth
I've been on since 2003. My first couple of years I was very active here (7-10 posts per day probably). Now, I'm probably about 5 posts per week and I don't check as many of the forums here as I used to (used to be very active in the Sports section, but I only post there once every few months now). It was pretty active back in those days, but I'm not active enough now to say how active these days are in comparison. Btw, purely luck that I even saw this thread because I rarely enter OTF these day (I didn't even open OTF, just saw the thread title from the main forum page that showed it as the last thread posted in).

Well since your telling me it was active back then (atleast more so), i can tell its not TOO active now. i probably do like 30 posts a week, and you probably do less and less becuase youve just gotten used to it. It is weird you seen this thread though:O

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 09:00 AM
steverules_2

I just used to stick around the spiderman forum...then I got famous (probs cause of my av) around the OTF so posted here a little more.....I miss phat crabs

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 10:19 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

I think there is alot more now then there was the same. Alot of the old memebers had left (bows her head in silents) they will be missed. But there are some new ones that are nice.

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 01:45 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Sock detected

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 02:17 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

Probably another Mist_haermmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

One little spark...

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 03:39 PM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Oh hey Rev Maynard

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 03:57 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nietzschean
Of The Dire Pride

There used to be more people back when I 1st joined in the off topic and general discussion forum. but, yes. Many people simply grew out of it moved on or were banned by moderators.

Which resulted in KMC becoming what you see.

The comic forum also lost a lot of traffic and it just seems to be the handful of people still posting but keeping it alive.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 04:07 PM
Nietzschean is currently offline Click here to Send Nietzschean a Private Message Find more posts by Nietzschean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

There are other forums?

One little spark...

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 04:10 PM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by dadudemon

who was banned?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 04:53 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mist_haermm

Originally posted by Ax3l

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 05:07 PM
Mist_haermm is currently offline Click here to Send Mist_haermm a Private Message Find more posts by Mist_haermm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by steverules_2
.....I miss phat crabs

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 05:08 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cool_ghost
Touch me and you die

Originally posted by Ax3l

who the hell is that?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 09:17 PM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

I joined KMC primarily because it has, arguably, the best Comics VS forum in the web.

Now, I rarely visit that forum.
It's now filled with socks and trolls, flame wars, redundant matches, mismatches... and maybe because my comic book knowledge has expanded to the point that I could easily distinguish the winner of the match without the need of starting an argument.

If you're wondering why KMC is dead, it's because
a) some of the active members were perma-banned and never returned
b) social networking services

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Sep 24th, 2011 11:36 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
I joined KMC primarily because it has, arguably, the best Comics VS forum in the web.

Now, I rarely visit that forum.
It's now filled with socks and trolls, flame wars, redundant matches, mismatches... and maybe because my comic book knowledge has expanded to the point that I could easily distinguish the winner of the match without the need of starting an argument.

If you're wondering why KMC is dead, it's because
a) some of the active members were perma-banned and never returned
b) social networking services

Mostly a)

Overwhelmingly.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2011 12:07 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
who was banned?

Dude, complete shit-ton of people.

I could start naming them:

Rogue Jedi
Alpha Centauri
TheGreyFox
Chillmeistergen

I know realized that the list is huge and I do not have the memory for names capable enough to properly represent that list.

If other would like to continue to add to the very short list I started, be my guest.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2011 12:30 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote