KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Favorite superhero and why

Favorite superhero and why
Started by: KillaKassara

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Favorite superhero and why

I like Batman more than anyone else for many, many reasons.

I like the features of his slick, dark, eloquent costume usually. I like the mechanical and engineering aspects of his arsenal, how he often utilizes his mechanical know-how to retrofit cutting edge technologies to do some pretty unreal things for him that they weren't even really designed for. He has to innovate because he has no superpowers. Everything he does has some adventure to it, and this guy can witness anything and come out alright. He's seen some shit and it doesn't even phase him. The man has no stress, he's a genius on multiple levels, he's so sharp that nothing gets by him, and he learns everyday. He's a survivor on the highest level, dude can find a way to overcome anything, he could have several compound fractures, dislocations, he'll find a way to patch everything up and counterbalance any limitations. What he does is a lot more complicated, exciting, there's just more going on with his routine than with any other superhero.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 12:57 AM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superman

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 01:06 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superman, by far. He is literally the definition of "hero" and the one that all other heroes look up to. He has enough power to take over and rule the world but instead he uses it to serve and protect humanity and fight for "Truth, justice, and the American way". Also, his costume is friggin' awesome and I'm really attracted to his kryptonian origin and backstory of growing up in a small town and learning human values. He is more "human" than most actual humans.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 01:08 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

HULK SMASH PUNY BAT!!

The strongest maddest dude in the game son, I likes me some widespread destruction and all out ferocity to my supers.

Banners cool too, smartest guy in the room and you dont wanna piss him off. Nerd Rage.

In the real world I make myself appear calm but underneath that I rage so I can empathize with the green guy. Would I want Hulk on my team, oh heck no, but I would want to watch him wreck everyone else, people love a car crash when they aint driving.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 01:09 AM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

The whole reason Bruce Wayne does what he does is because of a severe and un-suppressible rage, to the point of psychiatric instability, over his parents' murder, so he's like the Hulk in that regard. He also developed a God-complex. No, not Superman's messianic complex where he considers it a moral responsibility not to interfere with the law in his protection of the human race. Batman goes a bit further, he's like, "I'm no saint, I'm no savior, I'm a badass who thinks the police can't deal with this shit and I'm the only mother****er in this city who's qualified enough to be a vigilante."

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 01:14 AM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

And thats why I like Batman too.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 01:18 AM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Oneness
The whole reason Bruce Wayne does what he does is because of a severe and un-suppressible rage, to the point of psychiatric instability, over his parents' murder, so he's like the Hulk in that regard. He also developed a God-complex. No, not Superman's messianic complex where he considers it a moral responsibility not to interfere with the law in his protection of the human race. Batman goes a bit further, he's like, "I'm no saint, I'm no savior, I'm a badass who thinks the police can't deal with this shit and I'm the only mother****er in this city who's qualified enough to be a vigilante."

That sounds more like an "anti-hero's" attitude. Like Punisher's, for example.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 01:25 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Star428
That sounds more like an "anti-hero's" attitude. Like Punisher's, for example.
He has one rule that The Punisher does not.

Which actually makes his work a lot more difficult (Batman's).

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 01:48 AM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't believe that Batman has shown moral compromise save on very, very rare occasions that would push any good man over the edge. That even goes for Superman on occasion. It's actually less common for Batman to let emotions get the better of him because of a mastery of his body and mind; emotional control and stress-management offer him a nearly interminable ability to cope with terror and mayhem.

So Batman can't really be qualified as an anti-hero, either. He actually is qualified enough to be a vigilante, as well. What he does defies logic. That's why he's considered a superhero. He is realistic in some ways, a lot of real historical people have defied logic with their acts in life. Batman does not defy physics like Superman or the others, rather he uses his knowledge of physics to aid him in combating the superpowered.

Last edited by KillaKassara on Dec 6th, 2014 at 02:51 AM

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 02:47 AM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't believe that Batman has shown moral compromise save on very, very rare occasions that would push any good man over the edge. That even goes for Superman on occasion. It's actually less common for Batman to let emotions get the better of him because of a mastery of his body and mind; emotional control and stress-management offer him a nearly interminable ability to cope with terror and mayhem.

So Batman can't really be qualified as an anti-hero, either. He actually is qualified enough to be a vigilante, as well. What he does defies logic. That's why he's considered a superhero. He is realistic in some ways, a lot of real historical people have defied logic with their acts in life. Batman does not defy physics like Superman or the others, rather he uses his knowledge of physics to aid him in combating the superpowered.

Today its yesterday it was Superman, today its batman.

Grow a sac

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 04:56 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree with pretty much everything you say. I was never dissing Bats. I think he's a very cool character it's just that I like Clark much more than him or anybody else for that matter.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2014 05:08 AM
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 04:44 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

I'm not much into the costumed superheroes. Partially because they looks silly but also because they're generally poorly written.

At the top of my head I'm going with Hellblazer.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 05:10 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Constantine himself, yo.

Jesse Custer is up there.

But costumed hero? Invincible.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 05:14 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Imma also go with John Constantine.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 06:48 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Spiderman, Fantastic Four and Daredevil were the comics I used to read. After the MCU movies, I've really liked Iron Man though.

I also love Batman

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 06:59 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Debater
Restricted

Account Restricted

Powergirl: Juggs!

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 07:01 PM
Alpha Debater is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Debater a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Debater Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Marvel: Punisher (the best versions written by Garth Ennis and Jason Aaron, penciled by Steve Dillon)

DC: Batman

Image: Savage Dragon

Vertigo: Jesse Custer (Preacher) and Spider Jerusalem (Transmetropolitan)

Dark Horse: Hellboy

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 07:03 PM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Savage Dragon And Spider Jerusalem, good pulls

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 07:14 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Spider Jerusalem is awesome.

The ideal superhero (to me) has always been Superman. He's the epitome of what a superhero should be, imo.

But my favorite definitely has to be Batman. I grew up watching and reading his comics, cartoons, TV shows, and movies. He was the first superhero that I idolized.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 07:39 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote