KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Grandmother is a chain-smoker.

Grandmother is a chain-smoker.
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Grandmother is a chain-smoker.

Smokes in the house, refuses to smoke outside.

How do I get her to stop?

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 10:32 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Didn't know what secondhand smoke is, says that we aren't at risk.

Refuses to believe anything she sees on TV, refuses to believe what I read on websites like cancer.org and WebMD.

Wtf am I supposed to do?

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 10:36 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

Start coughing when you're there and act like you're dying or actually play dead

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 10:53 AM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Damn son, you got 99 problems but a breath ain't one.

Wait for old bat to croak.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 10:54 AM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Smoke all her cigarettes

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 11:11 AM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do you want her to stop smoking or just to stop doing it in the house?

If she's in her late 60's or 70's I wouldn't even bother trying to get her to fully stop. Why bother? If she enjoys smoking then let her. I'd rather slowly waste away while doing something I enjoy, as opposed to wasting away in an utterly miserable state.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 11:52 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
Damn son, you got 99 problems but a breath ain't one.

Wait for old bat to croak.

LMFAO!!!!

J, just give up. At this point she's not gonna change for some kid thats not even as old as her varicose veins.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 12:09 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

To be fair, my grandmother smokes, and she's outlived her two sisters who both quit. They both died within a year of quitting, supposedly their lungs were so heavy with tar that the tar was actually essential to the lungs working, and when they quit, their lungs just disintegrated or something. Or that could be bullshit. Either way, she's outlived them by at least 4 or 5 years at this point, so it's probably best to let your grandma keep smoking.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2016 10:08 AM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Plus, god forbid you guys ever get caught in a fire, she's going to be able to stay conscious way longer than you.

Whether she decides to drag your passed out ass from the flames or not might depend on how much you've been bugging her lately to quit smoking.
Just saying.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2016 10:16 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote