KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Halftime Shows

Halftime Shows
Started by: Darth Truculent

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

Halftime Shows

I know it's a bit early, but halftime shows at the Super Bowl have been shitty for the past 10+ years. Virtually nothing but hip-hop and I'm tired of it. There needs to be a change in music for a bit. Who would you start with? This year I would have Lindsey Stirling play the entire show. For those of you who don't know who Lindsey Stirling is, enjoy:
https://youtu.be/jvipPYFebWc

War Doctor

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 04:20 PM
Darth Truculent is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

That's not a bad idea on the other hand, a violin band in a major league stadium... not the best plan.

No, we gotta have the big 4 play the halftime show, Metallica - Megadeth - Slayer - Anthrax, and it's gotta be a 2 hour halftime show... maybe a 10 minute Super Bowl highlight reel and then a 4 hour show!!

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 04:42 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent

Now that sounds like an idea. In the 90s (the last good decade for music) grunge and rock were the dominate genres. Rock music is heavily played at UFC fights so it should be brought back into the halftime show.

As a side note, I saw Lindsey play last year in San Fran. By far she is in the top 5 best concerts I've been to and I'm into hardcore punk starting with the Ramones. You name the song and that girl does some badass and I mean badass covers:
https://youtu.be/5VzprYCxPBQ

War Doctor

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 04:54 PM
Darth Truculent is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

I can dig it, I also like Ashley MacIsaac in that genre.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 04:56 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Now that sounds like an idea. In the 90s (the last good decade for music) grunge and rock were the dominate genres. Rock music is heavily played at UFC fights so it should be brought back into the halftime show.

As a side note, I saw Lindsey play last year in San Fran. By far she is in the top 5 best concerts I've been to and I'm into hardcore punk starting with the Ramones. You name the song and that girl does some badass and I mean badass covers:
https://youtu.be/5VzprYCxPBQ
What other hardcore punk do you like/have you seen live?

I nominate a Minor Threat revival for the halftime show. You know, aside from the inherent contradictions in that idea...

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 04:58 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent

Good choice - my favorite female vocalist in the 90s and please don't judge - Courtney Love

Other punk: GBH, Agnostic Front, Dropkick Murphys, Bad Brains, Rancid, Articles of Faith, Bad Religion, Naked Raygun, Tutu and the Pirates

War Doctor

Last edited by Darth Truculent on Sep 8th, 2016 at 05:04 PM

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 05:00 PM
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Aw dude noice, Doll Parts is schway.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 05:01 PM
Scribble

She's a great vocalist and pretty good songwriter to boot, but by damn she's an awful human being for the most part.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 05:02 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent

This younger generation wouldn't know good music if it reached out and slapped them in the face

War Doctor

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 05:06 PM
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Go to a punk show and that's 125% likely to happen.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2016 05:09 PM
riv6672

The last good act at halftime was Katy Perry. It was actually fun.

What killed halftime shows was the Janet Jackson nipple slip at SB XXXVIII back in '04.
They've been playing it safe ever since.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2016 05:07 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent

riv6672, I was talked into seeing Katy Perry and it was the worst concert I ever went to. Far worse than the prank my parents pulled on me when I turned 18 by taking me to the Village People

War Doctor

Old Post Sep 13th, 2016 06:07 PM
Ax3l
Dream Finder

my favorite one was where justin timberlake killed janet jackson live on air

One little spark...

Old Post Sep 13th, 2016 08:11 PM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
riv6672, I was talked into seeing Katy Perry and it was the worst concert I ever went to. Far worse than the prank my parents pulled on me when I turned 18 by taking me to the Village People

The Village People?!? eek!

Old Post Sep 15th, 2016 05:23 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent

Embarassing right? . . . how about a show where Lindsey and The Dirty Heads on the same stage? I think that would kick ass.

*Speaking of Lindsey I got tickets to her show on Friday in San Liaus

War Doctor

Last edited by Darth Truculent on Sep 20th, 2016 at 07:03 PM

Old Post Sep 20th, 2016 07:01 PM
riv6672

Not a concert, but my kid won and gave me tickets to see Gabriel Iglesias this weekend. Just need to take a road trip!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2016 09:23 AM
riv6672

Guess it might could be GaGa.

https://www.google.com/amp/pitchfor.../?client=safari

quote:
Earlier this year, Adele announced that she had turned down an offer to perform at the Super Bowl in 2017. NFL and Pepsi later claimed they never made that offer.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2016 09:43 AM