KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » So I'm Gonna Be a Dad (**Panic Mode**)

So I'm Gonna Be a Dad (**Panic Mode**)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Shocked So I'm Gonna Be a Dad (**Panic Mode**)

Yeah, so I found out about 8 or 10 weeks ago that my wife is pregnant with our first child. We're excited... got our first ultrasound tomorrow afternoon actually. She's about 11 weeks now.

WHAT DO i DO??? sick laughing

But seriously, any advice for a first-time dad?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 01:13 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Congratulations dude!!

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 01:42 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unoriginal

Don't sweat the small stuff.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 02:06 AM
Unoriginal is currently offline Click here to Send Unoriginal a Private Message Find more posts by Unoriginal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Advice?
Pick a cool name, dont spare the rod, teach him/her the little things (dancing, basic car care, self defense, cooking. Things like that.), and enjoy the adoration before the teen years hit.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 05:03 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Congratulations dude!!

Thanks!

Originally posted by riv6672
Advice?
Pick a cool name, dont spare the rod, teach him/her the little things (dancing, basic car care, self defense, cooking. Things like that.), and enjoy the adoration before the teen years hit.

Thanks, sounds about right. This summer I saw my cousin going through the teenage years with her kids and it looks horrible. sad

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 01:43 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Oh it IS.
At least i had all boys, i'm pretty sure girls are a million times worse!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 01:50 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, I'm crossing my fingers for a boy.. or twins, so we don't have to go through this again. One and done!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 01:56 PM
riv6672

Twins would be AWEsome!!! eek!

AKA, you'll have a great time; parenthood is pretty damn cool.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 02:16 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Twins would be AWEsome!!! eek!

thumb up smile

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 02:18 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you were Pinnochio I'm guessing your nose would be around 80 miles long at this moment.

Err I mean, congratulations! There is the small chance your child could grow up to be a child star and then you can spend all their money before they turn 18. There are laws to prevent this, but a clever man could circumvent them.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 02:19 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^If you were an adult i'd care about your opinion.

Again, all the best, PL; not looking to Surtur up your thread, so i'll leave you to it for a bit.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2016 05:46 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Re: So I'm Gonna Be a Dad (**Panic Mode**)

Originally posted by Patient_Leech

But seriously, any advice for a first-time dad?

Congrats!

Don't bother with parenting books, they're a load of crock.

Get used to no sleeping.

Don't joke or freak out about lactating breasts unless you enjoy sleeping on the couch!

The rest will come easy...you'll be surprised just how quickly your fatherly instincts kick in.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2016 02:10 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Re: Re: So I'm Gonna Be a Dad (**Panic Mode**)

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Congrats!

Don't bother with parenting books, they're a load of crock.

Thanks. Yeah, my wife got me a book when she told me the news. It's not so much about parenting, but information about the pregnancy process and what to expect when and doctor visits, etc.. Basically the writer just tries to be amusing the whole time, in most cases unsuccessfully. It's mostly useless.

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Don't joke or freak out about lactating breasts unless you enjoy sleeping on the couch!

laughing

Old Post Nov 16th, 2016 04:51 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Congrats, Leech

You probably don't want twins, you'll be getting very little sleep with one child over the next 12-18 months, you don't want to make that less.

It's a bit overwhelming at first, being responsible for another person that is completely reliant on. I didn't read any parenting books and I never cared for a child prior to my first being born, but all it fell into place rather well, almost natural.

I changed the first diaper on both my children so my wife could take a long needed sleep after delivery, be prepared for that first one if you do it, it's not like the rest that follow (ie regular baby doodoo), it's a tar-like substance that seems more akin to something that would come out of the ninth layer of hell instead of a baby's bottom.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 16th, 2016 05:01 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Robtard
I changed the first diaper on both my children so my wife could take a long needed sleep after delivery, be prepared for that first one if you do it, it's not like the rest that follow (ie regular baby doodoo), it's a tar-like substance that seems more akin to something that would come out of the ninth layer of hell instead of a baby's bottom.

Oh, jesus. Thanks for the heads up. sick

Old Post Nov 16th, 2016 05:06 PM
Cherrywild
Make me want it.

Find your groove and stick with it. I don't know two parents with the exact same style.

Learn to let "Helpful" advice roll off your shoulders. You're going to be hearing tons of it.

Nurture your marriage. You will, more than ever, need to identify as partners other than 'mom and dad'.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2016 01:31 AM
Cherrywild is currently offline Click here to Send Cherrywild a Private Message Find more posts by Cherrywild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Here, we just announced on Social Media (although most of our friends and family already knew). You'll get to meet me, my cat, my wife, and the inside of my wife's uterus, haha...

(I like to fancy myself a wannabe independent filmmaker, heh)

Old Post Nov 17th, 2016 02:35 AM
Dave_97
Party Dave

Being a dad stinks. Be a mom

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Nov 20th, 2016 01:25 AM
Dave_97 is currently offline Click here to Send Dave_97 a Private Message Find more posts by Dave_97 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

When naming your child always play the Rhyming Game. It can save the child some grief over the years.

And remember. If you have a boy. You only have to worry about one little penis. If you have a girl. You have to worry about ALL the little penises.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2016 01:30 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Robtard
Congrats, Leech

You probably don't want twins, you'll be getting very little sleep with one child over the next 12-18 months, you don't want to make that less.

It's a bit overwhelming at first, being responsible for another person that is completely reliant on. I didn't read any parenting books and I never cared for a child prior to my first being born, but all it fell into place rather well, almost natural.

I only got to do that with my youngest i was deployed the other 2 times. Darn it. shifty

Old Post Nov 21st, 2016 10:28 AM