KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Why I haven't been a very active member recently

Why I haven't been a very active member recently
Started by: Jesus McBurger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

Why I haven't been a very active member recently

I guess IV always kinda been depressed in a way. But IV always managed to pull through. But recently I have hitba really hard spot. I feel as if IV drifted away from most my friends. My parents yell at me at a daily basis. School stressed me to the point to where I just dropped out. I honestly don't know what to do or what's gonna happen. My parents don't even drive me to therapy anymore and in just completely lost at the moment. I just thought I'd give an explanation of why IV been gone instead of just leaving you guys in the wind

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 08:23 AM
Spawns is currently offline Click here to Send Spawns a Private Message Find more posts by Spawns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genesis-Soldier
god blessed him with a...

yu haven't left us in the wind at all you gorgeous fella. times seem to be hard for you hey ?

you don't need to explain yourself mate, we consider you a friend and KMC family member so its all good. things must be a bit frightening for you right now so I will offer you some advice.

dropping out of school isn't the be all and end all of things. but I recommend you try to find some work where you can and try to expand your knowledge, it will help you immensely to move forward in life into what ever direction you see fit. what ever you do don't stop moving forward for anything, depression catches you off guard and chains you down mate, you may or may not feel it but you are a brilliant young man with a lot of potential.

also talk to your closest friends/ trusted ones as it can help to get things off your chest.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 08:37 AM
Genesis-Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Genesis-Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Genesis-Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

Hope things get better spawns you're good people
Welshy is always here for you buddy

And hey I dropped out of school too and I'm still alright sorta kinda

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 11:05 AM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

You know Jesus, posting on MBs has gotten me through some tough times (multiple deployments to craptacular war zones where i saw/was responsible for a lot of death, spent years away from my spouse & kids).

Don't underestimate the cathartic effect of going online and just being silly gor an hour or two. Come by more often, it might really help. thumb up

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 12:24 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Re: Why I haven't been a very active member recently

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jesus McBurger
I guess IV always kinda been depressed in a way. But IV always managed to pull through. But recently I have hitba really hard spot. I feel as if IV drifted away from most my friends. My parents yell at me at a daily basis. School stressed me to the point to where I just dropped out. I honestly don't know what to do or what's gonna happen. My parents don't even drive me to therapy anymore and in just completely lost at the moment. I just thought I'd give an explanation of why IV been gone instead of just leaving you guys in the wind
If you ever wanna talk, I'm here, buddy.

On a sidenote, dropping out of school wasn't a good move. Did you legit drop out or did you just take a couple days away?

You parents are being very irresponsible by not driving you to therapy, its creating a problem.

It seems like your parents are causing you unwanted pain.

You should be trying to enjoy life. Go out with friends, come on here with us, and we'll do whatever we can to make sure you're in a good mood.

Also, no matter how bad depression gets, don't think about suicide, cutting, or smoking.

Bad, bad things, buddy, and it would suck if you did.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 05:32 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

Yeah school was stressing me out way too much man. I honestly had to to survive. The ******* people weren't helping. I was overwhelemed with work and I was breaking down everyday it was bad man. My parents don't really care for I guess to be honest. And im not just saying that. They just don't. As for self harm I did about a month and a half ago but I got help and don't plan to anytime soon. I appreciate the concern my man

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 06:05 PM
Spawns is currently offline Click here to Send Spawns a Private Message Find more posts by Spawns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

I appreciate you all dudes

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 06:06 PM
Scribble

Spawns you're a proper awesome dude, depression is a total shit so I can relate to it a lot and it comes in many forms to people, so can be hard to avoid for certain types of people. I used to hide here when I was depressed, which could at times be good but other times be too much escapism. I'm sorry to hear about school though, you seem like a smart bastard and I reckon if you wanted to go back to it when you're in a better position you could. It's really shitty that your parents aren't supporting you though, I don't know what to say about that... I'm glad you can control your self-harm stuff though, that kind of thing can really spiral out of control so it's really great that you have ways of stopping yourself. Remember though, even if you do relapse or anything with it, not to feel ashamed or weak: it happens to the best of it. I still struggle with it from time to time and I'm in my mid-twenties now. It's not anything to do with mental strength most of the time since it can strike from nowhere and happen before you even realise it's happened.

Like the other guys have said though, I'm here to chat if you need or just want to, hit me up whenever, man.

Stay strong, Spawns! You're awesome.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 07:21 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piggle Humsy
Wiggle4life

Depression is a bastard. And Christmas is a terrible time for some as there is added pressure to be happy and people don't understand.

Make sure you google for help, there are loads of places out there.

I only found loads recently thru a charity group called mind and they do loads for mental health here in the U.K, hopefully there is something similar where you are.

They do fitness stuff or different activity groups, it's not always about counselling if you don't feel that you can do that or want that right now.

But you're a great guy and keep your head up because teenage years are probably the worst and it does get better.

There is a light at the end of that very dark tunnel. Trust me

..T H I N K I N G.. ..B E E A N.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2016 01:25 AM
Piggle Humsy is currently offline Click here to Send Piggle Humsy a Private Message Find more posts by Piggle Humsy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genesis-Soldier

you have all of our love and more Thomas. never forget that

Old Post Dec 25th, 2016 03:21 AM
Genesis-Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Genesis-Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Genesis-Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

You guys are amazing. I'm glad I stumbled upon this place

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Dec 25th, 2016 03:36 AM
riv6672

Well, i dont love you, but yeah. big grin

Old Post Dec 25th, 2016 04:04 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LincolnDark
Sei, sei, sei...

Originally posted by riv6672

Don't underestimate the cathartic effect of going online and just being silly for an hour or two. Come by more often, it might really help. thumb up

Times can be stressful and I agree with this statement.

Sig by: amity75

Old Post Dec 25th, 2016 10:59 AM
LincolnDark is currently offline Click here to Send LincolnDark a Private Message Find more posts by LincolnDark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

I haven't been either meh..

You sound young Jesus. Parents will always judge you at any age. Focus on your education, if you are told you are to stupid,ignore negative feedback. No one is born smart, we all have to learn the same way. Different people learn in different ways,maybe your more visual? You learn by seeing? Or an oral learner? Regardless, you are to young to grasp what's important. What might seem important now won't as you get older. As you get older your brain will develop more and you will make better choices for yourself. There are places you can go to upgrade your learning skills, ex Math and Englis. I would forget about a job and focus on building up your basic academic skills. If I were to go back in time with the knowledge I have now I would probably sign myself up for some mentoring youth program. Where you are matched with an adult male/female to guide you. Someone older with experience in life that can guide you to a better future. I have one now myself, it has helped me gain bits of knowledge on a broad range of topics, from politics to trading in the economic market. Alas be patient with yourself, you do no have the answer to all your problems, nor will they go away if you did. Show courage and perseverance. Be kind and humble. And read.. Learn to love reading, then apply it to your everyday!!

Old Post Jan 7th, 2017 04:57 PM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genesis-Soldier

spawny- hope you are going well brother. haven't seen or heard much, remember to keep your head up and move forward.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2017 04:13 AM
riv6672

Originally posted by LincolnDark
Times can be stressful and I agree with this statement.

I agree with your calling the times stressful.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2017 10:55 AM
Genesis-Soldier

spawns you amazing young man

i hope you are keeping your head high mate. i also hope you are getting your deserved times of love, joy and happyness

stay strong mate.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2017 10:22 AM