KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Boxing or wrestling?

Which is better?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
boxing 2 33.33%
wrestling 4 66.67%
Total: 6 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Boxing or wrestling?
Started by: Jake2TheJakenin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jake2TheJakenin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Boxing or wrestling?

What do you prefer?

Old Post Mar 14th, 2017 08:52 PM
Jake2TheJakenin is currently offline Click here to Send Jake2TheJakenin a Private Message Find more posts by Jake2TheJakenin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Boxing is more practical in a fight

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Mar 14th, 2017 09:02 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kurk

As someone who used to box..this isn't true. A street fight doesn't have rules, boxing does. Boxing also doesn't really train you to guard against attacks aimed at your legs, which wrestlers have plenty of those.

Boxing is only more practical if the person you are fighting decides to conform and only fight you under the rules of a boxing match.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2017 09:48 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
As someone who used to box..this isn't true. A street fight doesn't have rules, boxing does. Boxing also doesn't really train you to guard against attacks aimed at your legs, which wrestlers have plenty of those.

Boxing is only more practical if the person you are fighting decides to conform and only fight you under the rules of a boxing match.
I used to do Okinawan Karate; We're pretty impractical in a street fight too. Boxers throw harder punches than us, but we know how to utilize our legs. Any single disciple is pretty useless in a fight, but from what I can tell, most street fights start off as a boxing-match and end up on the ground. I'd personally prefer Jiu Jitsu over wrestling but in the end it's MMA that counts smile

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Mar 14th, 2017 10:12 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Re: Boxing or wrestling?

Originally posted by Jake2TheJakenin
What do you prefer?

Wrestling.
Pro wrestling to be exact.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 02:11 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Wrestling
Submission style wrestling to be exact
Take a guy down and bend his arms or legs around he ain't gonna be throwing no punches or kicking much.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 03:38 AM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

Wrestling!

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 06:00 PM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
Wrestling
Submission style wrestling to be exact
Take a guy down and bend his arms or legs around he ain't gonna be throwing no punches or kicking much.
Any decent Taekwondoer would beat you senseless before you get to try any silly grab.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 06:21 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Well then I'll try very hard not to pick a fight with one of those. Problem solved.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 06:44 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Is this a poll in reference to actual fighting or just for entertainment value?

Cause I go with Wrassling in the later hafl....cause Wrassling has hot babes in skimpy outfits.l

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 07:18 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
Well then I'll try very hard not to pick a fight with one of those. Problem solved.
Or you could try picking up a chain, like any normal person duh.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 07:21 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by Kurk

Maybe for the first 30 seconds or so. Hopefully you hurt them bad enough in that time so it doesn't go to the ground, which most of the time, it does. If not, a pure poxer is in a lot of trouble. I prefer watching Boxing to Wrestling, but unless you have extremely good takedown defense, wrestling is more useful in my opinion.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 07:52 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Any decent Taekwondoer would beat you senseless before you get to try any silly grab.

IDK....Taekwondo users seem to have a lot of openings for take downs. It seems like a lot of excess movement. Also, is there much of a ground game for TKD?

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 07:56 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Or you could try picking up a chain, like any normal person duh.

Yeah big dumb wrassler he's easy to beat... until he breaks out the Yaw-Yan kicks.

Never said I was a one trick pony.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2017 09:13 PM
riv6672

Originally posted by socool8520
Maybe for the first 30 seconds or so. Hopefully you hurt them bad enough in that time so it doesn't go to the ground, which most of the time, it does. If not, a pure poxer is in a lot of trouble. I prefer watching Boxing to Wrestling, but unless you have extremely good takedown defense, wrestling is more useful in my opinion.

Yup.

I've trained in boxing, and i'm more well rounded with having also trained in combatives (ground game).

Old Post Mar 18th, 2017 04:53 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olivia900
Restricted

Account Restricted

i will prefer boxing always

Old Post Jul 12th, 2017 08:56 PM
olivia900 is currently offline Click here to Send olivia900 a Private Message Find more posts by olivia900 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Jake got a sock.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2017 08:59 PM