KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Ask A Russkie Anything

Ask A Russkie Anything
Started by: SamZED

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SamZED
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Russian Federation

Ask A Russkie Anything

Inspired by Genesis-Soldier thread. Tbh i'm just a little bored.


__________________


Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 01:23 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot One Kill

Gender: Male
Location:

What is the typical Russian view towards the United States?


__________________

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 01:36 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SamZED
Inspired by Genesis-Soldier thread. Tbh i'm just a little bored.


How'd you guys make Hilary Clinton not visit Wisconsin? How'd you guys make the DNC favor her over Bernie? How'd you make her call half of Trump supporters deplorables? How'd you make Jim Comey behave the way he did? How'd you make Bill Clinton meet with Loretta Lynch? How'd you trick her into making an even bigger fool of herself by writing a book? How'd you trick the media into ignoring her faults far more than Trumps? How'd you trick Podesta into making his password "password" ? What is the best vodka? Why'd you guys lie and say you had Hitlers bones?

Share your secrets with me, I pinky swear I will not reveal your secrets.


__________________
But we all got a Chicken-Duck-Woman thing waiting for us.

Last edited by Surtur on Oct 5th, 2017 at 01:41 PM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 01:38 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Russian Federation

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
What is the typical Russian view towards the United States?
Love/hate kind of thing.
An average Russian would probably talk sht about the US in a bar, but not with hatred, more like making fun about other countries kind of way. At the same time an average Russian will be very friendly with you knowing that you're an american, and I am being very honest here.
The cultural difference is not as huge as some believe. Most of today's adults in Russia grew up watching Hollywood movies and very much relate to them and Americans in general.


__________________


Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 01:53 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Gender: Female
Location: Destroying Evidence

Account Restricted

What do you think of this Russian collusion narrative the media keeps pushing, and are you tired of seeing Russia get blamed for everything that happens in the world?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 01:56 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Russian Federation

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
How'd you guys make Hilary Clinton not visit Wisconsin? How'd you guys make the DNC favor her over Bernie? How'd you make her call half of Trump supporters deplorables? How'd you make Jim Comey behave the way he did? How'd you make Bill Clinton meet with Loretta Lynch? How'd you trick her into making an even bigger fool of herself by writing a book? How'd you trick the media into ignoring her faults far more than Trumps? How'd you trick Podesta into making his password "password" ? What is the best vodka? Why'd you guys lie and say you had Hitlers bones?

Share your secrets with me, I pinky swear I will not reveal your secrets.
I prefer the "Parliament" brand of vodka, but to each his own. We do have Hitler's bones, we use them as a halloween decoration and on some occasions as a scarecrow for Russian jews. As for Hillary, her life couch is a Russian spy. His advice to hear was "just be yourself". The rest worked itself out.


__________________


Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 02:03 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Russian Federation

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sable
What do you think of this Russian collusion narrative the media keeps pushing, and are you tired of seeing Russia get blamed for everything that happens in the world?
I'll answer this one in a bit. Going home from work.


__________________


Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 02:04 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Russian Federation

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sable
What do you think of this Russian collusion narrative the media keeps pushing, and are you tired of seeing Russia get blamed for everything that happens in the world?
I did find it annoying when basically every late night host ran it as the main story for months. You can only make so many Putin/Trump gay jokes before it gets old. That said, I wouldn't be at all surprised if most of the accusations against Russia are proven to be true in regards to its attempts to somehow influence the elections. That would be the time to run with it. Also, our media doesn't report on the collusion thing. Only as a part of some bigger narrative, usually when they want to show that the whole world is "out to get us" for no reason whatsoever.


__________________


Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 02:41 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SamZED
I prefer the "Parliament" brand of vodka, but to each his own. We do have Hitler's bones, we use them as a halloween decoration and on some occasions as a scarecrow for Russian jews. As for Hillary, her life couch is a Russian spy. His advice to hear was "just be yourself". The rest worked itself out.


So what's the deal with the whole Russian bride thing? You ever met someone that was like "yeah my sister was a mail order Russian bride" ?


__________________
But we all got a Chicken-Duck-Woman thing waiting for us.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 06:57 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672
MAY 2000-DEC 2017

Gender: Male
Location: Anytown, USA

Re: Ask A Russkie Anything

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SamZED
...Tbh i'm just a little bored.

Question answered. thumb up


__________________


That's not a bat. This...is a bat.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 08:12 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Russian Federation

The question being - "why make this thread?"? big grin
quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
So what's the deal with the whole Russian bride thing? You ever met someone that was like "yeah my sister was a mail order Russian bride" ?
I have never actually heard of it until you mentioned it. On a completely unrelated note... just got a great business idea. 🤔


__________________


Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 08:20 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Chicago

Have you ever banged any of the members of t.A.T.u.?


__________________
But we all got a Chicken-Duck-Woman thing waiting for us.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 09:35 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genesis-Soldier
Aussie Boy

Gender: Male
Location: Keeping you warm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SamZED
Love/hate kind of thing.
An average Russian would probably talk sht about the US in a bar, but not with hatred, more like making fun about other countries kind of way. At the same time an average Russian will be very friendly with you knowing that you're an american, and I am being very honest here.
The cultural difference is not as huge as some believe. Most of today's adults in Russia grew up watching Hollywood movies and very much relate to them and Americans in general.


so basically the same as us Aussie's


__________________

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 02:40 AM
Genesis-Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Genesis-Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Genesis-Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genesis-Soldier
Aussie Boy

Gender: Male
Location: Keeping you warm

we often stereotype Russia as a massive country with cold weather. what is the weather like in your local area and where is the coldest town/ state/ area in Russia's Borders ?


__________________

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 02:43 AM
Genesis-Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Genesis-Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Genesis-Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Russian Federation

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Have you ever banged any of the members of t.A.T.u.?

Nope. Only one of them is bangable anyway. The other one's meh.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Genesis-Soldier
so basically the same as us Aussie's

I'd say you have more incommon with Americans culturally. Russians tend to be more reserved until you get to know them. You guys are more open which is a good thing.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Genesis-Soldier
we often stereotype Russia as a massive country with cold weather. what is the weather like in your local area and where is the coldest town/ state/ area in Russia's Borders ?
I live in Moscow and while it gets pretty cold/snowy during the winter months it's not cold all year round.
During the summer the temperature can get to 25-30 Celcium (77-86 Fahrenheit), you can go out wearing a tank top. But warm weather doesn't last here. Usually 2-3 months. Autumn/Spring is usually windy and it rains often (think London).
Now, during the winter months it's pretty cold and snowy, but not as bad as the stereotype goes. On average the temperature falls to -10 C (14 F) in winter. -20 C sometimes. There can be few days when it reaches -30 C (-22 F) but that's rare. Also, it's not as cold as I remember it being 20 years ago when I was a kid. Still, the weather is not good. I generally don't like cold, yet sometimes get nostalgic about the snowy holiday season. They also decorate the sht of the city and there's always something going on outside.
(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)
Awesome if you're a kid.

Then there are some cities in Russia (like Yakutsk I think) where it's winter 356 days a year and the temperature falls to -60 C. Then there are resorts where it's rarely cold. The country's fuking huge is what I am saying and therefore the climate varies a lot.


__________________


Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Last edited by SamZED on Oct 6th, 2017 at 07:01 AM

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 06:54 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genesis-Soldier
Aussie Boy

Gender: Male
Location: Keeping you warm

I meant we have common bar talk about America but warm up to the people.


nice weather I suppose, I am Scottish born and spent 1/3rd of my life there and the rest here so your weather sounds pretty beautiful if not consistent


__________________

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 12:42 PM
Genesis-Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Genesis-Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Genesis-Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneFirestorm
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Omaha, NE

Can you recall the nane of the longest Haunted House you went inside?

Haunted House as in what persons pay for a kind of entertainment.


__________________
"Never stop fighting till the fight is done."

Elliot Ness from the Terrific Action Crime Drama Mob Movie The Untouchables

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 01:44 AM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Russian Federation

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Genesis-Soldier
I meant we have common bar talk about America but warm up to the people.


nice weather I suppose, I am Scottish born and spent 1/3rd of my life there and the rest here so your weather sounds pretty beautiful if not consistent

Ah I see. Yeah, it's like that also.
Do you prefer living in Scotlnd or Australia?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheOneFirestorm
Can you recall the nane of the longest Haunted House you went inside?

Haunted House as in what persons pay for a kind of entertainment.

Not sure I uderstad the question. Haunted House as in an Amusement Park attraction? Think this is the only kind of haunted houses I know.


__________________


Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 06:12 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot One Kill

Gender: Male
Location:

Popular snacks found only in Russia/Eastern Europe?


__________________

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 12:07 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Russian Federation

There's bublik. A type of bread rings. Sort of like bagel, but not exactly. Also, sushki. Simillar, but smaller and dry. Can't say they're as popular as they used to be, but it's a traditional Russian/Ukranian/Belarusian treat.


__________________


Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 12:26 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 06:00 AM.
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Ask A Russkie Anything

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.