KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » How would you approach this co-worker issue?

How would you approach this co-worker issue?
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

How would you approach this co-worker issue?

Long story short they decided to buy something I told them not to, on the assumption that everyone was going to chip in X dollars.

Now they're approaching me asking for money.

Option A: I tell them to f*ck off, reminding them that I originally said I wouldn't support what they bought for the department, and as a result cause conflict.

Option B: I give them the money like a true cuck in order to preserve the peace.

If I piss them off, I risk provoking my superior who could replace me next year for being an uncooperative d1ck.

On the other hand, If I give them the money I lose my pride, a nice amount of money, in exchange for an appliance I'm not going to use.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 07:39 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you told them before hand you wouldn't chip in and they still did it...tell them they need to pay for it, period.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 08:04 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

How much money are we talking? If it's just a little bit it might be easier to just give them the money and not get involved in a stupid workplace spat, despite the right thing to do being to tell them no.

Maybe try and test the waters a bit, initially push back a little and see how the coworker reacts. If you get the impression that they'll go ape shit and raise hell over it, then probably best to just give the money to try and cut that off before it starts. If not, then you may be in the clear.

Last edited by BackFire on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 08:24 PM

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 08:22 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
How much money are we talking? If it's just a little bit it might be easier to just give them the money and not get involved in a stupid workplace spat, despite the right thing to do being to tell them no.

Maybe try and test the waters a bit, initially push back a little and see how the coworker reacts. If you get the impression that they'll go ape shit and raise hell over it, then probably best to just give the money to try and cut that off before it starts. If not, then you may be in the clear.
Yeah it's jokable amount. I'm just extremely cheap.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 08:25 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote