KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Killing people

Killing people
Started by: JKBart

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

Killing people

When do you think people cross the line that allows you to kill them while retaining your morals?

Imo the line is when they stop fitting your idea of society, when they are an unwanted element of your local society. You want the best for your society, the interest of the many > interest of the individual, so you have the right to kill them if they don't want to leave find a new society (country, etc).

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post May 1st, 2018 05:39 PM
JKBart is currently offline Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Your answer is pretty vague, and slightly disturbing.

If I caught a paedophile in the act I'd probably try my best to murder them. I imagine the act of killing would irreversibly **** me up, but I'd rather take that and a likely prison sentence for me than the chance of them ever getting to hurt anyone else.

Old Post May 1st, 2018 05:45 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

If anyone says green day isn't punk, they're getting iced.

Old Post May 1st, 2018 05:56 PM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Whenever they annoy me.

Old Post May 1st, 2018 07:13 PM
Ursumeles is currently offline Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

I also consider this one idea that there's obviously some inherent value of typical human being. For instance, random low-wage person within the west Europe provides the world with, let's say, 500 000 dollars worth of work across their lives. I think it is quite moral if you kill this person, but the benefit from the death is above what they would provide to their country/world.

We are morally totally fine in the west with the destruction of property as long as it is accurately paid back. We usually don't have a problem with people destroying our stuff when drunk and angry after they apologize and pay the proper amount of money. I don't think human life is outside this logic if it applies to property, animals, and human health.

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post May 2nd, 2018 12:18 AM
JKBart is currently offline Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

So fatties who use lots of health care and have no job equal negative moral value and it'd be morally positive to kill them?

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post May 2nd, 2018 12:24 AM
ILS is currently offline Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

In theory: when it would improve aggregate utility to do so

In practice: on a personal level, only in absolutely necessary self-defense/defense of loved ones or some war/apocalyptic situation

Old Post May 2nd, 2018 12:25 AM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is difficult. They don't provide anything to their community. If it's moral to repay for damage done to property or health, it should be equally moral to repay for killing people. If people are okay for paying for the car's destruction, they should be okay by paying the value of someone you kill. If that person is worthless, then probably the proper payment should be the value this person would have been of if he was used as a slave? I guess that would be the fair solution.

I also think the taboo the west world has for killing people is definitely weird. We see killing being a natural part of the Arab world; if someone doesn't fit their society, they just remove him by killing the guy, providing peace and stability.

Old Post May 2nd, 2018 12:27 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Found the utilitarian Thanos fanboy^

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post May 2nd, 2018 12:27 AM
ILS is currently offline Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

No intelligent utilitarian would support MCU Thanos lol, Malthusian economics is BS enough for Earth, let alone the f*cking universe.

Old Post May 2nd, 2018 01:46 AM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JKBart
When do you think people cross the line that allows you to kill them while retaining your morals?

Imo the line is when they stop fitting your idea of society, when they are an unwanted element of your local society. You want the best for your society, the interest of the many > interest of the individual, so you have the right to kill them if they don't want to leave find a new society (country, etc).
you're unironically the bad guys from hot fuzz

Old Post May 2nd, 2018 08:19 AM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Albert Einstein got f's in school.
The mind is a terrible thing to waste is true.
live and let live

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post May 15th, 2018 10:46 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't kill people unless they're completely irredeemable.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post May 15th, 2018 10:50 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

I’ve always wanted to kill someone that was deemed a pariah to societal standards and my own. I wouldn’t consider my life complete until I take another. It’s entirely problematic and incriminating to do so, therefore I’ve refrained.

The urge is always constant.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 03:02 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

When they're black.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 03:14 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Gandhi said to accept peace and to let the world go on.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 02:31 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

When the answer in life from society is that healthy people get to kill while the sick get blamed for it will never succeed.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 09:44 PM