KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » 20 Years With My Wife

20 Years With My Wife
Started by: Dude111

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Miffed

A woman awoke during the night to find that her husband was not in bed.
She put on her robe and went downstairs. He was sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee in front of him. He appeared to be deep in thought,just staring at the wall. She saw him wipe a tear from his eye and take a sip of his coffee.

"What's the matter dear? Why are you down here at this time of night?" she asked.

"Do you remember 20 years ago when we were dating and you were only 16?" he asked.

"Yes I do." she replied.

"Do you remember when your father caught us in the back seat of my car?"

"Yes I remember."

"Do you remember your father when he shoved that shotgun in my face and said,'Either you marry my daughter or spend twenty years in jail'?"

"Yes I do",she replied. He wiped another tear from his cheek and said, " You know I would have gotten out today." sad

Last edited by Dude111 on Aug 10th, 2021 at 07:49 AM

Old Post Aug 10th, 2021 07:42 AM
Dude111 is currently offline Click here to Send Dude111 a Private Message Find more posts by Dude111 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

I feel like this joke would've been on a chain email from 1998

Old Post Aug 12th, 2021 04:27 PM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
you get thorns
village idiot

If I'd have killed her instead of marrying her I'd be on parole by now.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2021 04:39 PM
you get thorns is currently offline Click here to Send you get thorns a Private Message Find more posts by you get thorns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Just don't get married, /4head

It's an outdated pointless legal contract designed to f ck guys over.

Outlaw Traditional Marriage!

Old Post Aug 12th, 2021 07:54 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

I actually like the concept of marriage. I don't see it as contract but as a commitment. A vow. Sex is fleeting and letting yourself be controlled by your hormones is dumb. Relationships are not for everyone but they are healthy and can be beneficial.

Sleeping with a different person every night can be fun but after a while its exhausting and lonely and selfish, and pathetic.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2021 10:41 PM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Nope, legally it's a shitshow, remove the legal constraints and allow for the partner to do hospital stuff and all that complicated nonsense, forget a Judge or Minister to have to do the service, essentially 2 people can exchange vows without any of that because at the end of the day they have to live with one another, f ck everything else.

Then when the relationship goes down in flames, AND IT ALWAYS WILL, you can go your separate ways without a lot of hassle.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2021 12:20 AM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

My parents have been together almost 50 years. So when I look at people who say they can't think of marriage, I think they don't really love each other. Married with a legal document only makes things legit. There are plenty of people who are together for decades and not officially married but yet they are emotionally attracted. You are confusing sex and monogamy with marriage.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2021 01:09 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

I've seen too many marriages go kaboom to ever like the institution ever, not confused about anything I just don't like it.

People that can do the 25 or 50 + years things are a rare breed and that's cool for them, but overall it's just a big waste of time and energy on every level.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2021 02:12 AM
rudester
Tommy

You've seen, point taken! Why are you comparing yourself to you're friends. How do you know yours won't be different?

People today are selfish and live for their own happiness, how do you know you won't meet someone who you will find everything you are looking for? And when you do, they might see marriage as something they themselves want?

Last edited by rudester on Aug 13th, 2021 at 01:28 PM

Old Post Aug 13th, 2021 01:21 PM
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

I'm not comparing myself to anyone, it's a simple matter of personal preference, I will not marry anyone as i find the idea dumb as hell.

Doesn't matter if I would be good at it or not, love fades EVERY DAMN TIME, it's the nature of people, yes there are exceptions but I know that for me and my luck it won't simple as.

Never happening.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2021 01:37 PM
rudester
Tommy

As I said, a western ideology is that your own happiness comes first.

You seem to have daemons that people will fail you every time? But the truth is, there are too many choices nowadays for people to upgrade and find someone better.

If marriage isn't for you thats cool, however, that doesn't mean you will won't change your mind.

The future you might want to settle down and you might just meet someone you will want to give your life to, so please dont say never cus never always changes.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2021 06:47 AM
Jmanghan

Is... Is the joke that they are brother and sister?

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Aug 14th, 2021 09:41 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

No the joke is the guy would rather have spent the time in jail because marriage is worse than prison.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2021 10:49 AM
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

quote: (post)
Originally posted by rudester
As I said, a western ideology is that your own happiness comes first.

Gotta take care of your star player.

quote:
You seem to have daemons that people will fail you every time?

From my experience I find this to be true 96% of the time.

quote:
If marriage isn't for you thats cool, however, that doesn't mean you will won't change your mind.

Wrong, remember I'm the avatar of stubborn.

quote:
The future you might want to settle down and you might just meet someone you will want to give your life to, so please dont say never cus never always changes.

oh f ck that, I already found someone I want to spend "some" time with, and I know for certainty that this will only be temporary because that's the big lie with love, it's NOT forever, it's until something changes.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2021 10:54 AM
rudester
Tommy

You sound selfish so obviously you will never find the one, because the only one that will be perfect for you is yourself. It's great to put yourself first however, to base your whole theory on love dies well that simply isn't true! There have been plenty of people who have been happy together and maybe that's what's bothering you? You have not been surrounded by healthy relationships and so you are basing your experience on that.

Furthermore, if you were to meet someone with a healthy relationship, it might come as a giant shock to you and might be endearing. But at the end of the day you just might not care as much for a healthy relationship.

Being in spur of the moment relationships is fine as well but its also sader when you expect that relationship to end before its even started.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2021 11:55 AM
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Well I never said I was mentally stable, I've got issues and yeah very selfish, the only one I trust is me.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2021 12:36 PM
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

What made you that way

Old Post Aug 14th, 2021 02:18 PM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Ummm... probably the abuse from an early age by a step-dad, then some years in abject poverty getting the shit kicked out of me, and relationship after relationship crashing and burning, getting friends and them abandoning me for cooler people, shit like that.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2021 02:32 PM
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

Yeah that would do it

Old Post Aug 14th, 2021 11:16 PM