KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » 'Fly Boy'

'Fly Boy'
Started by: Tex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tex
Yumsz

Barf 'Fly Boy'

OMG! This is the most disturbing thing I have ever read!sick

Tuesday June 24, 12:35 PM

'Fly boy' continues to suffer as doctors struggle
By Indo-Asian News Service

Kolkata, June 24 (IANS) A 13-year-old boy whose bizarre ailment has a fly-like insect emerging out of him is far from being cured as doctors struggle to detect the source of the parasite.

The fully-grown flies, as doctors described the parasites, have been emerging out of Chandan Goswami's genitals and flying off for more than two weeks now.

Chandan, now receiving treatment at a state-run hospital in West Bengal's Burdwan district, is said to be suffering from a condition called myiasis, a disease seen mostly in Central and Latin America.

In myiasis, the larvae of a type of fly invade a human or animal body, dead or alive. The deposited eggs can then enter the body through pores, the mucous membrane or even the mouth. The hatched larvae then emerge out the host's skin and pupate.

However, in Chandan's case, whole flies complete with wings are emerging out of his body and flying off.

"This is very, very rare. We are trying to find out how the fly entered the boy's body," says Sudhansu Pan, the surgeon attending Chandan.

Doctors carried out a cystoscopy to clear the boy's urinary tract, but the treatment has failed because two more flies emerged out of his penis on Monday.

Doctors admitted they have not been able to identify where the parasite deposit lay inside Chandan's body.

Health authorities have formed a medical board of seven doctors to treat Chandan. Doctors were also "coordinating" with physicians abroad who have experience in dealing with myiasis.

In myiasis, the maggots usually are found underneath the skin and are removed by minor surgery. But whole flies emerging out of a human body is rare, doctors said.

Chandan told doctors he first felt pain in his abdomen almost a month ago. And then he saw the flies intermittently coming out of his penis.

He told his parents, but they didn't initially believe him. Earlier this month, they saw the strange occurrence and took their son to Burdwan hospital, where doctors too were stunned to see the rare case.

Here's the link http://in.news.yahoo.com/030624/43/25eim.html

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2003 09:52 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

OH....I'm speechless....good thing I'm typing

Um, that's a little...different, and weird, and strange....and I can't think of anything else at the moment

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2003 09:54 PM
Maximus_E. is currently offline Click here to Send Maximus_E. a Private Message Find more posts by Maximus_E. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LilySatine
KMCs Hobbitess

Aww poor thing!!
That must be awful to go through...sad

The Poking Goddess Has Returned..again..*hiss*

Living in the shadow of someone else's dream.
Trying to find a hand to hold but every touch felt cold to me.
Living in a nightmare..a never-ending sleep.
But now that I am wide awake..my chains are finally free.
Don't feel sorry for me.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2003 11:10 PM
LilySatine is currently offline Click here to Send LilySatine a Private Message Find more posts by LilySatine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sanoschicky69
Sanos Chicky

omg...that horrible

Old Post Jul 24th, 2003 03:31 PM
sanoschicky69 is currently offline Click here to Send sanoschicky69 a Private Message Find more posts by sanoschicky69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChinaNiki
Dancing Queen

sounds like the flies might have settles in his kidneys or bladder

Made by the talented Godshinto

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 08:32 AM
ChinaNiki is currently offline Click here to Send ChinaNiki a Private Message Find more posts by ChinaNiki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

damn, that truely sucks. i hope it doesn do any serious permanent damage.

What is this I don't even

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 01:29 PM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

dont the larvae have to feed on some thing in order to be able to grow in to full sised adults....what are they feeding on? blink

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 01:30 PM
Kostabot is currently offline Click here to Send Kostabot a Private Message Find more posts by Kostabot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

They are probably feeding on your insides. I had my cousin freak me out on time, she said the larve were going to eat me alive....I was 6 at the time. Stupid B*tch

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 08:44 PM
Maximus_E. is currently offline Click here to Send Maximus_E. a Private Message Find more posts by Maximus_E. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GroundedAgain
OTF REBEL

supper is in 20 minutes, i don't think i'll be able to eat. besides the fact that we're having gross hotdish anyway

Old Post Jul 30th, 2003 10:40 PM
GroundedAgain is currently offline Find more posts by GroundedAgain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChinaNiki
Dancing Queen

quote:
They are probably feeding on your insides.

That's why you have to cook pork or the worms eggs in it might hatch and slowly eat your muscles.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 04:01 AM
ChinaNiki is currently offline Click here to Send ChinaNiki a Private Message Find more posts by ChinaNiki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

um...okay....glad I already ate

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 04:09 AM
Kostabot
I'm a rooster illusion

Pork? Why pork?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 01:36 PM
Dexx
wingless

oh..Jesus Christ! That's horrible.
Technicly...it shouldn't be that difficult to treat. Chemo would work, i think...as a last resort

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 03:34 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
q14cyber
~ DEATH IS LIFE ~

aww poor thing maybe if he drank pepsi he would probably be cured lol

i love pepsi dont you

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 05:10 PM
q14cyber is currently offline Click here to Send q14cyber a Private Message Find more posts by q14cyber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stovenutts
My fez is familiar?

quit talking about pepsi. it sucks. all u do is talk about pepsi

Old Post Jul 31st, 2003 05:25 PM
Stovenutts is currently offline Click here to Send Stovenutts a Private Message Find more posts by Stovenutts Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

Pepsi doesn't suck, an' sides this is about fly boy Stove

Old Post Aug 1st, 2003 12:44 AM
ChinaNiki
Dancing Queen

quote:
Pork? Why pork?

pigs are a common host to trichenella spiralis which causes trichinosis, a parasitic infestation of the muscles eek!

Old Post Aug 1st, 2003 01:17 AM
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

Where did ya learn all this ChinaNiki?

Old Post Aug 1st, 2003 01:58 AM
ChinaNiki
Dancing Queen

that one's from microbiology

did i mention i was a memeber of major of the week at college?

Old Post Aug 1st, 2003 02:52 AM
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

Nope, but that explains it!

Old Post Aug 1st, 2003 03:19 AM