KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Who else here thinks Star Trek : Enterprise is crap?

Who else here thinks Star Trek : Enterprise is crap?
Started by: T-1000

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
T-1000

Who else here thinks Star Trek : Enterprise is crap?

Star Trek : Enterprise must the the worst TV show of the last decade.
Boring, boring, boring.

I am a Trekker of sorts, a Roddenberry Trekker... but not these past
few Trek series run by the megolamaniacs of Berman and Braga. Ever
since Paramount decided to let these two run around with full control
of the Trek franchise, its been spiraling down to the wasteland it is
now. First they brought about the outrageously self-righteous pile of
garbage of Voyager, and now this so-called "down to earth" series of
Enterprise. What's so down to earth? Is it because Archer loves to
use the word "ass"... Or maybe the breast-enhancing bodysuit they've
cleverly put together for T'Pol? And dont get me started on the not
so subtle stereotypes and cliches GALORE: Mayweather, the African-
American (who seem to have good xeno knowledge despite the series
proclaiming that they are the FIRST to hit deep space and the FIRST
to contact aliens) loves to hang? What the heck?

The acting has been atrocious, and the scripts are completely
ridiculous and dim-witted. Good example, Hoshi's amazing ability to
master an alien language with just a snap of a finger... linguists
CAN NOT DO THAT.

Phlox is a recycled Neelix... Trip and Reed are both big giant
stereotypes... T'Pol is a Vulcan version of Jeri Ryan... and Archer,
well, he's like this grinning doofus who likes to contradict himself
constantly and can't seem to make decisions in clutch situations
without the aid of his staff. Great captain!

So what have I learned from watching this show? Well for one, Trek
isn't Trek anymore... and two, it's amazing how many different ways
you can give your loyal fans the mighty shaft.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 04:58 PM
T-1000 is currently offline Click here to Send T-1000 a Private Message Find more posts by T-1000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JRatT12

I thought Voyager was ok it was no Next Generation but it wasn’t nearly as bad as the new crap. Enterprise is just a rip off of all the old stuff. When I first herd about it, it sounds so much like Generation “Bodily going where no man has gone before.” But the thing that I hate the most is the stupid people coming from the future that’s sooo stupid

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 05:14 PM
JRatT12 is currently offline Click here to Send JRatT12 a Private Message Find more posts by JRatT12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CptJackSparrow
Pirate Captain

I agree. I'm a bit of a Trekkie myself, but my favorites were the original series with Captain Kirk. I watch TNG too, but it didn't have the same dynamic. From there Trek's just gone downhill. The character mean less and less and have less depth, and it's become way too blast the effects foucused. Flashy and trashy, I say. There's so many things wrong with them, because people just don't take time to pay attention to the same standard of quality anymore.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 05:17 PM
CptJackSparrow is currently offline Click here to Send CptJackSparrow a Private Message Find more posts by CptJackSparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

Think i've seen 2 episodes. Nuff said then!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 07:21 PM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
julibug

the only thing i like on enterprise is the beagle. i like the original series and next generation, and, yes, i like voyager. a lot. but not enterprise. was sadly disappointed!!!!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 08:01 PM
julibug is currently offline Click here to Send julibug a Private Message Find more posts by julibug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

I hate Star Trek all together

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 08:59 PM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diegocala
Replicant

Crap

--Siggie Created by Master Godshinto

Whatever happened to my Rock N Roll?
Come in, she said, I'll give you shelter from the storm

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 09:06 PM
diegocala is currently offline Click here to Send diegocala a Private Message Find more posts by diegocala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
julibug

to boldly go!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 10:40 PM
julibug is currently offline Click here to Send julibug a Private Message Find more posts by julibug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I loathed Voyager with a passion, but I think Enterprise is much better.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 10th, 2003 11:41 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

neah...i'm not really a trekkie. I remember i watched (end anjoyed) the original series when i was little...i like them even now if i catch them stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 01:55 AM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Voyager was watchable, Deep Space 9 was total crap! I hated that damn show.

I grew up on Enterprise, I loved that show you bastardsmad
wink

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 03:24 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

i was a star trek fan when next generation was around, and i like some of the original i never watched an episode of voyager or deep sapce 9, and i think the enterprise is a trevesty of star trek. It feels like the whole star trek essence is gone it doesnt feel like star trek, and that was the goal of the writers and directors, i mean its a good concept for a star trek show but it just doesnt seem to be put together like star trek should be and thats a shame because i think bakula could be a good captain

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 03:28 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

and i wandered if any of you who liked star trek liked any of the next generation movies? i mean every tekkie ive spoken with thought they were horrible let downs, which i have to agree especially insurection and nemises , in insurection the actors were so out of shape they were bustin out of there outfits followed with a horrible script and what the hell was nemises it felt like a joke to all star trek fans saying" yeah we just wanted to piss all you trekkies off by giving you this peice of crap as the last installment of star trek movies and shatter your hopes of ever seeing another good star trek movies" i mean the next generation had good stories in the episodes but the movies were so ridiculous

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 03:33 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

Yeah Roddenberry is definitely not being done the justice he deserves. Battlefield Earth anyone?

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 08:06 AM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

all star trek is crap.....

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 08:09 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T-1000

Star Trek "Insurrection" was the worst NExtGen movie, "Nemesis" wasnt much better.

On the other hand I really liked "First Contact" it had a cool story and lots of action.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 12:59 PM
T-1000 is currently offline Click here to Send T-1000 a Private Message Find more posts by T-1000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

yeah i thought first contact was ok it did have nice atmosphere but it just diddnt feel to much like star trek to me

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 01:45 PM
T-1000

shameless bump

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 01:53 PM
julibug

quote:
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
and i wandered if any of you who liked star trek liked any of the next generation movies? i mean every tekkie ive spoken with thought they were horrible let downs, which i have to agree especially insurection and nemises , in insurection the actors were so out of shape they were bustin out of there outfits followed with a horrible script and what the hell was nemises it felt like a joke to all star trek fans saying" yeah we just wanted to piss all you trekkies off by giving you this peice of crap as the last installment of star trek movies and shatter your hopes of ever seeing another good star trek movies" i mean the next generation had good stories in the episodes but the movies were so ridiculous

i've liked most of the trek movies - even the next generation ones. but nemesis was one of the biggest let-downs ever!!!!! i was sooo disappointed in it!!

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 05:48 PM
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

I find it hard to believe that no one has mentioned that atrocious theme song! Sure, the show sucks....but I expected it to. (as does anything that involves Scott Bakula...and his "I really have to go to the bathroom NOW! looking face) The theme song, however, caught me totally off guard...it adds a whole new level of sucktasticness to it

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 03:52 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote