KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » North and South

North and South
Started by: Zalindrana

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ShadowFiend
W-What?!

North and South

The air was thick with smoke from the pipe of patrons. The tavern was close to the border so some of the people there were also Northerner, though the tavern was technically on the South end. Southern men played against Northern men in cards while women served drinks to them. Others sat at tables, scattered in no perticular order, talking amongst themselves of triumphs they hve accomplioshed. Some real, some altered, some fake altogether. But it was the story that held the attention. The air was warm since it was so close to the North. If it had been deeper into the south it would be much hotter.

In the back corner sat a solitary man. A large jug of Aqivi (strongest in the South) in his hand. He pulled the jug to his lips and drank heavily, the beverage dripping down his chin. He set the jug on the table and let out a soft breath. He wore a standard Southern Dhoti and sandles. Due to not wearing a shirt his musclar chest was exposed showing off the scars he earned in the Circle. (Where Traditional Sword fights accure or Sword Dancers) He was the Blade with No Name. Though others just call him Blade for either lazyness or they thought it sounded better then the entire thing.

He eyed the many patrons around him and then to a man who walked up to him yelling words of challenge. Being a Sword Dancer, Blade could not deny the challenge. He drank from his jug again and stood up. He towered over the Southern man by a foot or so at least. Blade walked by the man and made his ay outside. There he unsheathed his sword, Blessed by his shodo or Sword Master, Kaiden in the North,the hilt was silver with a swirling design, the blade a blue tinted silver, and put the tip to the sand and walked in a large circle, the sand splitting to his sword like butter to a good knife. He then stepped into the circle and turn to the man who made the challenge.

They both stood there watching each other. Neither making a move. At least until Blade spoke. Dance... It was single word that set the other man off in range of flying steel. Blade esily parried the sword upwards leaving the other open. He dropped to one knee and spun on it leaving the challenger wide eyed and empty gutted, that which was only his, displayed on the sand. After a moment the man fell forward and hit the sand, dust rising from the impact. Blade leaned down and pulled the mans purse of gold from his belt hooking it to his own. He walked out of the circle being sure to kick at the cut and to break the ring a was ritual. He made his way back inside to his table and with the dead mans gold he ordered another jug of Aqivi.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 09:19 PM
ShadowFiend is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFiend a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFiend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyW
Heart of the Red Army

Jake slowly made his way into the bar, slightly distracted as he eyed the freshly gutted corpse outside. Upon stepping through the threshold of the door, the bartender instantly recognized him. "Well, if it isn't Jake! Coming to pay his tab I hope!" A wide grin spread across Jake's face and he solemnly replied. "Nope! Just give me the usual and put it on my tab." The bartender rolled his eyes before placing a bottle up on the counter, in the open for Jake. Jake approuched it and put his hand on it, just as a man pulled a young woman onto his lap, much to her protest. The man continually asured her that he would "take good care of her". In anger, Jake spun around throwing the bottle at the man, watching it smash against his head.

Russia does not want confrontation of any kind. And we will not take part in any kind of "holy alliance".
Vladimir Putin

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 09:45 PM
JohnnyW is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyW a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blockhead

Kurrum Redgrill sat at the bar, looking into an empty cup. Business had been a little slow recently and Kurrum prefered to make his gold by hunting down dishonourable men and big game. He called to the bartender and asked him quietly if there was any news of any new contracts available to one such as himself.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 10:01 PM
Blockhead is currently offline Click here to Send Blockhead a Private Message Find more posts by Blockhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lycanthrope
"Vita Detestabilis"

Thorgrim and his son solemnly sit at the dimly lit table while they ate. "Father i miss mom so very much" Thorgrim replies "As do I son"
Finn spoke again "Why cant we go to the South and hunt down the dogs that captured her"
"Because you are too young" Thorgrim said with a defeated look on his face "and i have lost my wife, i couldn't bare to lose you as well" Finn slams his fist on the table in anger "I am not too young, I have been practicing the sword dance. Together we could find them ,slaughter them and retrieve Mother" Thorgrim, tacking a deep breath replies to his sons outburst "Maybe you are right son." after a long pause Thorgrim spoke with conviction "We will sharpen our weapons tonight and head to the south in the morning. We will make our way to the border tavern. Maybe we can find a lead there"

"To the last, I will grapple with thee... from Hell's heart, I stab at thee! For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee!" - Khan (reciting Melville)

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 10:11 PM
Lycanthrope is currently offline Click here to Send Lycanthrope a Private Message Find more posts by Lycanthrope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyW
Heart of the Red Army

Angrily, the man turned to Jake and yelled, "What the hell was that for!?" With a smug grin, Jake looked the man dead in the eye. "She said no, so let her go." The man just grimaced. "I don't have to do anything, because you know that women have no rights around here." With an agitated sigh Jake stood up and walked over. "That doesn't mean you can treat her like dirt." The man scowled and balled up a fist, which he launched at Jacob. "Wrong move!" Jake caught the obviously drunken man's fist and threw him over his shoulder. "There, now maybe he will sober up." With a triuphant smile, he returned to the bar.

Russia does not want confrontation of any kind. And we will not take part in any kind of "holy alliance".
Vladimir Putin

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 10:17 PM
JohnnyW is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyW a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lycanthrope
"Vita Detestabilis"

As Thorgrim and Finn sit at the table of the tavern a woman walks up to them Flirtingly. "My aren't you a cutie, so young and Innocent" she addressed Finn. "For a price I could make you a man" Thorgrim interrupted annoyed at the wenches advances "We are not here for pleasure, We are looking for His mother, My wife who was taken by Scum suckin Southern Slavers, unless you can give us some information BE GONE!" Thorgrim said loud enough in hopes that someone would here his plite

"To the last, I will grapple with thee... from Hell's heart, I stab at thee! For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee!" - Khan (reciting Melville)

Last edited by Lycanthrope on Nov 17th, 2008 at 10:44 PM

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 10:32 PM
Lycanthrope is currently offline Click here to Send Lycanthrope a Private Message Find more posts by Lycanthrope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFiend
W-What?!

Blade watched as a man took hold of a young Tavern woman. He did not really acknowledge the fact, but his eye caught the man who was the only one to take action. He arched a scarred brow at the man and then shrugged him off. Bar fights were common and one more did not mean anything. However it did peak his interests that it was a fight about the honor and wishs of a woman. A thing that was not common. He watched as the one who threw the bottle throw the man on his back and snickered slightly. Blades ear twitched as he looked over to the man telling off a Tavern girl. Another odd thing in the south. Most men took willing girls. Then he noticed the boy. Now that was interesting. He must trust his own skill to bring his child to a place like this. Even if it was the border. Blade got to his feet and made his way over to them. He did not bow, He did not greet them in anyway. He stood there in his Dhoti and white burnous, light catching on the silver hilt of his blade.

Looking for Southern Slavers? His voice was soft even for his massive build. He himself was uncommon, resembling neither North or South appearance. It would be Wise to not shout about Slavers so close to the border with a child with you. He raised a hand to halt any words of protest if the man thought his words threatening. I mean no insult. Too many are taken by the slavers. The majority of them lie deep in the South. Past the deadly Punja. He indicated the chair at their table, asking if he could sit. Perhaps we can make an arrangement?

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 11:45 PM
ShadowFiend is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFiend a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFiend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyW
Heart of the Red Army

Jake listened in on the conversation, taking in the details about the slavers. "For the right price, you've got yourself and experienced sword to fight by your side.", he said, not even turning around, still bent over helping the barmaid up.

Vladimir Putin

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 11:48 PM
Lycanthrope
"Vita Detestabilis"

Thorgrim pleased at his luck that the soft spoken man of stature ,obviously confident in his sword wielding abilities, was willing to help. "Yes friend please sit down." Looking towards the man helping the barmaid up he jested "If you would be so kind as to sit and join us" Thorgrim motioned to the bar keep to bring a round of aqivi. "My name is Thorgrim Valkyrson this is my son Finn, We are from the village Koroth not a days trek from here. Two days ago while we were hunting Cavebear, Southern Slavers raided our village and took my wife captive. We are here to see to it that they do not make a slave of my beloved Rayla. I have seen many battles and am skilled with an axe but I am no sword dancer. My son has been practicing the arts but he is only 17 and has never seen combat and we are but two.I have no way of finding the vermin who took her on my own nor do I poses the powers to take on a large group. I would be most grateful if you gentlemen would consider helping me. I am a Blacksmith by trade so I am not a wealthy man but I have a very good stock of Hardy Thoroughbred horses that I could trade or I can offer to make you a fine sword if you would be so kind as to help. Other than this I have nothing to bargain with. Unless there is a task that we may, in return, help either of you with." Thorgrim pauses for a second as the barkeep places the aqivi down. "Does my offer suite either of you" Thorgrim said pleadingly "Can you help us through the Punja pass and retrieve my Wife and Mother to my Son?"

Old Post Nov 18th, 2008 04:45 AM
ShadowFiend
W-What?!

The Blade With No Name sat, eyeing the man behind him as he did so. He then turned to the on who had the proposition. Koroth... I am not familiar with that place. Is it in the North? He then waved a hand dismissing it as a pointless conversation. .... I do not need a horse for my own is a fine Stud and I would not trade him for all the horses in the South. As for swords I have my own Shodo Blessed Sword. He didnt bother to show off the sword for he was a true Sword Dancer and Boasting was not part of the code. He looked to the woman who brought the Aqivi, a smile coming across his face. Not because of the woman, but of the drink. He poured himself a glass, not bothering to ask if the supply was ment for them all or just the man and his son, and drank heavily. After he wet his throat he looked the man in the eyes. The Punja is a dangerous place for a Northerner. The fair skin of your people will blister easily under its sun. The Sandtigers there could kill even me if their claws sank deep enough.... Not to mention the cannibal tribes there. He tapped his chin a bit. Even if we were to get lucky, not see any sandtigers, avoid the Tribes, there are sandstorms that would tear at your flesh and suck what little water you would have from your body. He didnt bother to lighten the news for the boys sake. If the father ment to cross the Punja then surley he would take his boy with him, and he too needed to know the dangers. After a moment he smiled. Now that I think of it a good horse would sell nicley. Here is my offer. One pure bred horse for the journey. He left a moment for pause. And another one for each time I save your life. Though he had a faint smile his eyes show seriousness. His skin was darker then most of the Southern men within the Tavern. It was obvious he spent alot of his days out in the sun. I call the Punja my home and I am a Seventh Level Sword Dancer. The Highest rating in the South. There are very few of those in the South who can say that let alone both. If there is fighting to be done I will assist as by contract. As for additional help, as he eyed the other man It is up to you. It does not matter wether or not another sword is with us. I am not one to boast, and extra steel is always nice.

Last edited by ShadowFiend on Nov 18th, 2008 at 05:25 AM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2008 05:22 AM
Blockhead

The bartender approached Kurrum and spoke to him of two Northerners who were searching for their wife and mother. He also said that they were here, in the bar, and had been approached by other parties thus far. Thanking the bartender with a glint of a silver coin, Kurrum made his way over to the table that was said to seat the Northerners in need of such a man as himself. He kept his distance, wanting to size them up and perhaps listen in on their conversation from afar before introducing himself and offering his assistance.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2008 07:30 AM
Blockhead is currently offline Click here to Send Blockhead a Private Message Find more posts by Blockhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sketch_turner
"Well done Turner"!

Balto sat alone in the bar, enjoying his own amount of his drink. He glanced around at the bar noticing nothing of intrest to him, considering he was almost half sleep. He then took what he knew as his second sip of his drink.

Sketch thanks Messahi for the sig.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2008 03:13 PM
sketch_turner is currently offline Click here to Send sketch_turner a Private Message Find more posts by sketch_turner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyW
Heart of the Red Army

Jake approuched and took a seat. "I fought in the Pendulum wars a few years back.. and I too am looking for my wife. I lost her track of her at the start of the war.."

Vladimir Putin

Old Post Nov 18th, 2008 09:07 PM
ShadowFiend
W-What?!

((Pendulum? Sounds like GoW2.))

In the short time that had passed his eyes moved to others within the tavern. From the sleepy drunk at the bar to the woman serving drinks to the other side of the room. He also took notice of the man who was also at the bar watching them, Listening. He looked back to the man who had the proposition, but kept the eavesdropper in mind.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2008 11:16 PM
sketch_turner
"Well done Turner"!

Balto happend to catch the wrods said by Jake and looked towards the table. "Impressive." he says to himself as he turned back to the table which he sat.

Sketch thanks Messahi for the sig.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2008 11:20 PM
sketch_turner is currently offline Click here to Send sketch_turner a Private Message Find more posts by sketch_turner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyW
Heart of the Red Army

((Since there were crystals that magnified the sun, I thought Pendulum would fit in a way. haha))

"Yeah.. the entire war was over the crystals in the desert.. not those sun amplifying pieces of crap. The good ones."

Vladimir Putin

Old Post Nov 18th, 2008 11:59 PM
ShadowFiend
W-What?!

Blade nodded to the man The Punja is full of tiny crystals. Thats why it is so deadly. And the Sandstorms tend to suck an Oasis dry. If we were to cross the Punja and we hit two in a row that are dryed up or fouled then we would have to turn back... Or die. but I would rather not. He crossed his arms and put his attention back to the man who was hiring one of them or possibly both.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 12:23 AM
Lycanthrope
"Vita Detestabilis"

Thorgrim showed no emotion, but was bursting with in with the prospect of the men helping him. "Excellent " Finn Exclaimed" "Then you both will help us" "Will you teach me the Sword Dance" Finn said looking at the Sword dancer eagerly. Thorgrim motioned for his son to hold his tongue" "Forgive my son" Thorgim said apologetic "He is excitable and anxious to prove himself" "Sword master You have my word that you will have the pick of my finest steeds" Thorgrim said with a proud voice knowing he raised the best horses in the land. "And you Sir jake, I pledge to stay with you until We find your wife as well, I empathize with the pain of your lose. No man should suffer this . Your experience in War will be a great asset to us, and from your actions i see you are an Honorable man." Thorgrim said this hoping his adulation would inspire Jake. "We should wait out the night in hopes that others may join us on our quest on the marrow." "Sword dancer" Thorgrim said confident the man would agree with his request "I will buy you all the aqivi you want this eve if you would prepare my son with a lesson before our journey?" " Now let us prepare, fill our water flasks ,feed the horses" "Bar keep" Thorgrim voiced loudly "is there a place that we may store our Furs, for we will not be needing them for our endeavors" "The barkeep begrudgingly said "Yes I will store them in the basement, but if you do not return with in 6 months they are mine to sell" "Fair deal kind Sir" Thorgrim replied "I pray to the gods that we will"

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 02:18 AM
Blockhead

Kurrum thought he had heard enough and approached the party of 'wife rescuers'. "From what I have heard, you are in need of Swords to rescue your beloved wives, however they may have been lost to you. For the right price, I can offer you my services and will help you find your wives and bring justice to those who commited wrong-doings." Announced Kurrum, hoping that the party would accept him.

Kurrum knew that parties of this size were usually a bad sign, as the job was usually a bigger and higher risk one. Not only that, but the pay had to be divided up. Nevertheless, the amount of work in the recent week had seemily ground to a halt and Kurrum needed to eat and have money to pay his informants, as well as for his equipment.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 02:38 AM
ShadowFiend
W-What?!

He nodded his head lightly in acceptance of the deal, eyes looking over the eager and energertic boy. He then looked over to the other who had joined a moment before. The one refered to as Jake. In the event we are caught by the Punja Tribes the more swords we have the better chance we have to survive the encounter. He looked to Thorgrim as he spoke more and nodded in agreement. My head is filled with the tang of Aqivi. Rousing for the journey in the morning would be best. His eyes seemed to light up a bit at the mention of all the aqivi he could drink for a single lesson to his son. I suppose one lesson wont hurt. Spoken as he filled his cup with the stuff and drank heavily. His eyes, now fogged from the drink, looked up to Kurrum as he approached. He then pointed to Thorgrim and Jake. Their Wives. This Blade only has one edge to it. Patting his chest as he drank even more. He then put his hand up as he remembered. Oh right. Be sure to pack a good supply of water. The oasis are few and far between... though I know where the majority are it still takes time to get to them. If we are lucky and do not miss any of them the trip will still take at least a week. But if we have to divert to another oasis it can take up to a month. The idea might of been laughable if he didnt have such a hard look on his face..... He then started to sway a bit as he drank once more.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2008 03:07 AM