KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Unhosted Role Plays » psyches ((rules and registration))

psyches ((rules and registration))
Started by: MadMel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MadMel
Heh

psyches ((rules and registration))

psyches are genetically enhanced gifted with psychokinesis (telekinesis). In 1996, a mad scientist had created a 'psyche' gene, which he used on 35 test subjects, all of whom had been kidnapped and used as guinea pigs. The tests were mostly successful. The psyches received great powers of the mind, being able to manipulate the world around them with but a stray thought. This 'gift' also operated on a subconscious level, using psychokinesis to increase their own strength, speed and other physical attributes, and also giving them the power of flight.
These psychics could pick up a car with their bare hands with no physical exertion, dodge machine fire with ease, fly at near the speed of sound and can rip up a forest of trees with a mere thought. They are also immune to most conventional firearms and could even withstand a tank shell to the face.
the psyches, enraged with what had been done to them, launched a mass breakout of the testing facility, killing the scientist in the process. Once, free, they returned to civilization and tried to start a new life. The scientists partner however, a man called john raves (who calls himself 'the raven') survived. During the creation of the psyche gene, raves has deliberately tampered with the solution, out of a misguided fear that psyches would become abominations that only destroyed. This fear turned to intense 'racism', and he conspired to kill all of the psyches. His attempt however, was mostly unsuccessful. No psyches died. After 2 years however, 3 of the 35 went insane and went on a rampage. Raves recovered from his disappointment and went to the government for help, exaggerating the situation, convincing the united nations that all 35 subject had gone insane and should be destroyed. He was granted the funding to begin project raven, a project that would being to find way to capture and ultimately kill all psyches.
Years later, and raves appears to have won his war on the psyche race. He had successfully recreated a working serum that would administer the psyche gene to subject. Using willing volunteers, project raven had assembled its own squadron of psyche hunting psyches. These psyches, called the 'rogues', were as powerful as regular psyches, save for two exceptions, which were named 'rogue elites' and were made leaders of the rogues, and were considerably more powerful.
Enter Jason, the biological son of Robert, the first of the 35 original psyches. Jason is the first and only naturally born psyche, and as a side effect, was just as powerful as an elite, despite being only 18 years old. seeing Jason as a true threat, raves decided to recruit more rogues, resorting to kidnapping like his former partner. One of the kidnapped subjects was Jason closest friend, who became an elite. Realizing they was going to hunt and kill Jason, the friend escaped and joined forces with Jason, and the two of them work together to destroy project raven. At one point the pair of them successfully killed 'EL', one of the original rogue elites. Because of this, some of the original psyches have been inspired to fight alongside them, and they are happy to accept help when they can get it. Furthermore, the serum used to create the rogues is starting to deteriorate, forcing project raven to find another way to hunt and kill psyches. They are currently considering robotics, and have created a few bipedal prototypes.
Thats the story so far..

people who have agreed to join

- wei phoenix ((CHAO))
- madmel
- thunder fox
- DangerousBeauty
- Jalek Moye
- Kazekage Gaara ((jason's friend))
- Hitosu Mo

rules.
1. no godmodding - you should all know what this is, but to clear some things up ill go into some detail
- no controlling other players characters without their permission
- no overpowered characters*
*ill be setting a guideline for how powerful a character is, as my character, jasons friend and CHAO are equally the most powerful in the game..for fairness reasons however, as a rule, if a regular psyche is fighting an elite, the elite can only fight so that his power is on par with the other players character ((or - and i will allow this - the player of the weaker character can create an npc psyche to even the odds against the elite character))
2. keep all OOC talk either in this thread, or inside brackets ((example))
3. character sheet is as follows - im not too fussy about this

name - jason sorenson
age - 18
gender - male
occupation ((applies to fugitive psyches only)) - unemployed
description ((again, im not too fussy)) - ((pic coming soon))
story ((again, im not too fussy - characters develop a lot inside rps, so a story isnt too relevant IMO)) - jason is the biological son of robert sorenson, and as such he has the natural powers of an elite, despite his young age. after killing his insane father in a battle that left los angeles in ruins, jason vowed to destroy project raven at any costs...

if you want to add more fields to the char sheet be my guest stick out tongue

today is friday - i wont be posting again until monday - sorry but i have a few thing to deal with on the weekend...wei phoenix can be in charge until then, if they wish - im sorry for my absence so early in the game..until i return just act like jason left on a secret mission and left everyone behind..

let the game begin..big grin

Last edited by MadMel on Sep 18th, 2009 at 04:04 AM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 03:59 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Will post character today.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 05:13 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DangerousBeauty

im kinda confused on the plot and what our chars are going to be doing... i feel stupid -_-

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 08:30 PM
DangerousBeauty is currently offline Click here to Send DangerousBeauty a Private Message Find more posts by DangerousBeauty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ayáme Libertine
Al-Bhed Doctor

name - Kagutzuchi Sesshuma
age - 17
gender - male
occupation - unemployed
description - (please log in to view the image)
story - years ago Kagu joined the wrong side so now hes promised himself that hed stay by Jasons side and end this.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2009 08:47 PM
Ayáme Libertine is currently offline Click here to Send Ayáme Libertine a Private Message Find more posts by Ayáme Libertine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hitosu Moriko
The Aura Manipulator

Hitosu Moriko
Unemployed
(please log in to view the image)
Bio: during the experiments he grew a white wing and dark wing making him unable to live in society so he lives in the mountains also known for having a wide arrangement of psychic attacks

~Decretum~

Last edited by Hitosu Moriko on Sep 19th, 2009 at 05:06 AM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2009 05:04 AM
Hitosu Moriko is currently offline Click here to Send Hitosu Moriko a Private Message Find more posts by Hitosu Moriko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

why does a telekinetic have wings? he can already fly erm
whatever ill allow, but no more..
yes im back...seriously hung over, but back stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 20th, 2009 01:37 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DangerousBeauty
im kinda confused on the plot and what our chars are going to be doing... i feel stupid -_-

basically there are 2 teams - one team is the fugitive psyches (the good guys)..the other team is the rogues (bad guys)
the rogues are a part of a project thats in charge of the genocide of the psyches, and the fugitives are fighting to survive, and to destroy the project

basically when i get better and im more able think clearly ill get the story started properly stick out tongue

btw jason as a gaia avatar stick out tongue

Last edited by MadMel on Sep 20th, 2009 at 03:16 AM

Old Post Sep 20th, 2009 03:14 AM
WingBlade
Restricted

Account Restricted

name - khalil hunter
age - 15
gender - male
occupation ((applies to fugitive psyches only)) - unemployed
description - outcast who never knew his family and was given powers
[IMG]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:6jbwHbw6huYh9M:http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/...7/swordsman.jpg[/IMG]

Thank to TxG

Old Post Sep 20th, 2009 03:26 PM
WingBlade is currently offline Click here to Send WingBlade a Private Message Find more posts by WingBlade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hitosu Moriko
The Aura Manipulator

dont know how to start

~Decretum~

Old Post Sep 20th, 2009 04:10 PM
Hitosu Moriko is currently offline Click here to Send Hitosu Moriko a Private Message Find more posts by Hitosu Moriko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

lilk - awesome pic - start when you can

hitosu - *cough*you're-being-attacked-in-the-mountains*cough*

not that im giving you ideas or anything shifty

Old Post Sep 20th, 2009 11:11 PM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

name - CHAO (Is this my name or codename?)
age - 19
gender - Female
description

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 08:05 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

CHAO is a codename, sorry stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 08:26 AM
Hitosu Moriko
The Aura Manipulator

i think i have found a clear explanation for my character and it involves a physical mutation that was cause from the genetic experiments its very i can even get to details but i want to see if this topic can be used for my winged character

~Decretum~

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 08:35 AM
MadMel
Heh

lol i was thinking something similar - the formula was stolen by a rogue scientist who's kidnapping children..however, the scientists cant control the transformation from human to psyche, which is creating random effects - like wings...
thats my idea, what was yours - in more detail?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 08:47 AM
Hitosu Moriko
The Aura Manipulator

The DNA suffered an overdose and caused physical mutation to start which resulted in him growing wings due to the extra chromosomes added to his body structure because the human body can only hold 46 chromosome any extra cause physical mutation same goes for DNA break downs if they were in a different sequence it also causes physical mutation so i simplified to Experiments just so it wont get complicated and people would just assume ok they messed with his genetics and caused a physical mutation

~Decretum~

Last edited by Hitosu Moriko on Sep 22nd, 2009 at 09:02 AM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 08:58 AM
MadMel
Heh

so kinda the same as mine stick out tongue
i like it - great minds thinking alike laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 08:59 AM
Hitosu Moriko
The Aura Manipulator

once you go through living environments it never escapes

~Decretum~

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 09:04 AM
MadMel
Heh

stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 09:20 AM
MadMel
Heh

bump - kinda waiting on wei..sorry for putting you on the spot, but the last action was made towards your character erm

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 11:16 AM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

My bad, I thought that post you made was in place of mine. I'll get one up tonight.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Sep 27th, 2009 11:23 PM