KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Stars & Celebrities » Daniel Radcliffe.

Daniel Radcliffe.
Started by: siriuswriter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
siriuswriter

Daniel Radcliffe.

[disclaimer. There is another thread about Radcliffe, but it's one of those "ooh he's so cute" threads. I intend to discuss more serious matters.]

So - Daniel Radcliffe has already been in two projects, and the Harry Potter series hasn't even been entirely released.

He's currently on Broadway as a lead for the show "How to Succeed in Business Without Trying," playing J Pierrepont Finch - also known as Ponty.

It is a song and dance production, first released as a movie of the same name, in 1967. Bob Fosse was the choreographer.

Having seen a clip from the show, taken during a number called "The Brotherhood of Man," Radcliffe shows impressive dancing chops [as the choreography is much inspired by Bob Fosse's work.] He also sings - of course, with an midwestern American English accent.

To find out more about "How to Succeed...." go to Youtube and look up "How to Succeed on Broadway...". The channel has interviews with all the main cast [the head boss is played by John Laroquette, famous for his snarky character on "Night Court" and "The Practice."

Next up, Radcliffe is appearing as a detective in the ghost story/thriller, "Woman in Black." For more information, check imdb.com

I'm so excited to see Radcliffe in these projects, and any that come in the future. The now-22 actor has been in plays ["Equus" and "The Play Wot I Wrote,"] film [December Boys [in which he plays an Australian orphan named "Specs," and a turn as Rudyard Kipling's son in a public television production," and guest starred on Ricky Gervais's television creation, "Extras."

It's very exciting to see Radcliffe having definitely moved out of the "kid star" category into that of a serious Actor. His versatility through dramatic and comedic roles, his serious attention to detail [and perfect accents], the kind of trends that makes me think he will, one day, be among the ranks of the traditional superior British actors - Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Kate Winslet, Colin Firth...

Yay. I haven't felt this kind of expectation for an actor since I 'discovered' Elizabeh Taylor's films.

Anybody else have things to say?

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2011 09:12 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

I am going to see him on broadway for my birthday next month so I will comment on his acting then but as for the movies I seen him in which is all the harry potter movies.I want to say he is a pretty good actor and gotten better since the first hp firm.
Not the best actor but a good one.

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2011 11:15 AM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

oh my, I'm so jealous! The movie is one of my favorites and I've seen like a 30 second clip of him singing and dancing, just enough to tell that he could be on Broadway without the big name. It barely satisfied my hunger. Well, I love Broadway, and I love Daniel Radcliffe, so it's a deep hole to fill. But GOD!!!

Sometimes I hate living in Nebraska.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2011 03:01 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

You will have to plan a trip to go see him in NY!I love that musical as well!Specially the coffee song and the mail room one as well!

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2011 01:10 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
soulkiller

Well the coming movies test his acting Skills. But i guess he shouldn't have any problems playing Arthur Kipps in The Woman in Black.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2011 07:26 AM
soulkiller is currently offline Click here to Send soulkiller a Private Message Find more posts by soulkiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote